Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
m0rex is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Waterpump about to go out

Well my waterpump is about to go out. I know because it was leaking a little bit of coolant 8 days ago now its dripping like about a cup everytime i stop somewhere. I doubt the dealer is open this weekend until the 5th.

I got lots of stuff to do this weekend and right now all im doing is carrying like 2 gallons of coolant around. So can i drive my ka24de like this until tuesday? Whats the chance the my water pump will just stop working on me? I really need my car because i dont have anything else to drive.

Fixed. Maybe

Last edited by m0rex; 07-03-2005 at 06:08 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
Adikt
Zilvia Member

Adikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Adikt
$30 at autozone and 2 hours to replace
Old 07-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
autozone water pumps are POS
get an OEM one,quality is far superior

water pump swap takes less then an hour
retardo easy.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah... i know im wating to get a oem one. I know its really easy to replace but i just want to know if i can drive on my water pump for 2 days atleast since the dealers are closed for a while.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
You can but I hope you have a good temp gauge.

That means.

Not oem.

And check those fluids everytime you park, and carry 2 gallons of water around everywhere.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:28 PM   #6
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
I can change my water pump in 7 minutes.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #7
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Like i said its not hard or even time consuming but i want oem . I can probably do it in 5 min. Most of the things that cover the top i just pull them off with force in like 2 min. The water pump shouldnt take more than 3 min to take out and put back in right...?

Well im just gonna keep checking the car when i stop it and refilling the fluids.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #8
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
westboroughpimp you are a liar. ha ha
i wanna see if you can. film it. seriously. ill give you 20 bucks if you do.
that means
motor in car, clutch fan and shroud installed and working, remove and replace tighten any belts silcone and properly torqued and bleed system properly. 7 minutes. do it.

if not you pay me 20 bucks.

-dousan_pg

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 07-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #9
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
no way i can do it in 4 minutes fool
Old 07-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #10
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
is there anyone cool on zilvia left? apparently not. you built that car in 2 mins right? oh wait...

im just giving you shit bro.haha..seriously just fucking around.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 07-02-2005, 03:37 PM   #11
Var
Post Whore!

Heh..i spent more time repairing that car than the original owner did building it. poop on my shoes why dont ya? Well..i'll remember this when your water pump goes out. ;=)
Old 07-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #12
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

if it does go out i wont be posting about it
i did all that when i bought my motor

and im just busting your balls, chill out.

and denise says: i can change a water pump you pussies!!!

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 07-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #13
Var
Post Whore!

well fine, but dont come asking for my help when your water pump goes out.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #14
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

haha
when u coming down here for an event?
i wanna go norcal for event soon
ill crash at your place mm k?

dont need help bro, denise will assist! haha
yes a girl will help me
actually ill just have her wear the mechanics suit and watch hahaha

oh yes still aaron (dousan_pg)

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 07-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #15
Var
Post Whore!

Parted out pink piece of crap halfway racecar . Building a ground up project. i need more time/money especially considering i'm getting into debt with a new daily driver. Drift car = LS1 powered FC with all the fixins. Got the shell and stripped it. Need chassis work, drivetrain, and body work. Wont be to socal for a minute, but definitely hit me up when you come up north.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #16
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Hitted up autozone and bought one for $30 bills with lifetime warranty. Im gonna skip oem this time.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #17
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

the flow of water w/ a stocker vs autozone totally different
stock is designed FAR superior
also stock has channels for the gasket most autozone ones done and gives you a pos paper gasket.

enjoy leakage and pos cool sytem
going half assed on your car's cooling is the biggest mistake you can make

maybe you'll get lucky and swap headgaskets next week YAH!

i dont believe in going cheap on something so important. been there done that.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:06 PM   #18
Var
Post Whore!

My friend bought a thermostat from autozone for his 5.0 and it came with a paper gasket...i was looking at it with a suspicious eye as I installed it. Sure enough it started leaking after a couple minutes.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #19
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

buddy bought a autozone thermo too and he warped his head...after an afternoon...warped his head. yeah. not cool. not at all

autozone parts suck
oem forever
Old 07-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #20
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn. I just installed it. Well i'll just sue them if anything happens. Lol. Or i can get an oem one from here.

Aint since people got bad results from autozones thermostats incase i blow/break something on my engine because of the waterpump i'll keep you updated.

Last edited by m0rex; 07-02-2005 at 08:22 PM..
Old 07-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #21
Al_S14
BANNED

Al_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Al_S14 Send a message via MSN to Al_S14
there are two types \of pumps autozone sells ... i remember when my buddy did his on 91 it actually looked cheap like ass. the blades were at least 2 times thicker then factory .

but then when i needed one and was forced to get one form advance it ended up looking identical to factory blades and eerything ... except for the paper gasket
Old 07-02-2005, 09:01 PM   #22
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

So should i just keep it in? That gasket looks real crappy. What should i do about that pos.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #23
Al_S14
BANNED

Al_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Al_S14 Send a message via MSN to Al_S14
if you have extra 60 sitting there not doing anything yeah . but in any other case id keep this . it works just as well (if it is like one i got where blades are identical so flow is same). i had mine for 10k now no problmes not to mention it has lifetime warrenty so if you got time you can take it off every few months and go back exchange it for brand new pump lol
Old 07-02-2005, 09:21 PM   #24
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
S14DriftR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14DriftR
I just tapped the drain holes and put bolts in to plug it and kept driving on it while I was waiting for another oem one to show up.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #25
Adikt
Zilvia Member

Adikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Adikt
i've had my autozone pump for 2 years and it hasn't overheated once, no problems whatsoever
Old 07-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #26
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
autozone pumps are remanufactored nissan ones, at least the one i looked at and used was. nothing wrong with a remanufactored water pump.

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
Old 07-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #27
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

no not all are
some are new in box from an oem replacement company
Old 07-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #28
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Mine was a new one without the ridges that the oem water pump has. Otherwise its 100% indentical.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #29
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
damn sucks you guys hate aftermarket pumps so much. i got a waterpump from O'Reilly's 9 months ago along with all my aftermarket upgrade cooling stuff. for 9 months my car has never seen above 75 C on the road and never above 85C on the course, turbo and na. what the hell is wrong with the ones yall got? haha.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:05 PM   #30
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
if you's guy's all did this:

you could have the water pump changed in no time.

pffft, losers.
Closed Thread