Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
WhiteTE72GT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
WhiteTE72GT will become famous soon enoughWhiteTE72GT will become famous soon enoughWhiteTE72GT will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Ecu short question (need electrician advice)

Hello, I have a redtop sr in my s13 and I recently shorted what I believe is the fuel pump relay in the ecu. I believe its pin 104? Now I'm trying to figure out what happened.

So far what I think happened is that I lost power through the egi relay(which is suppose to have constant power even with key off right?) Now if I lost power while I was driving(which I think would shut off the ecu), and the fuel pump relay stays on. Is that the cause of the short in the ecu? I don't see anything else burned in the ecu when I opened it. I could get the pump to turn on by bypassing the relay but the car still won't turn over.

This already happened before and I thought I fixed the problem. I made sure I had good connection to the egi relay and when I replaced the ecu it started and drove fine, took it to the track drove fine until it just suddenly died and didnt start again. Checked the ecu and it shorted in the same place.

Well I'm a bit lost on how to continue to try to diagnose and fix the problem. Any help is appreciated. thank you
WhiteTE72GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links