Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
1997silvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
1997silvia is on the path to ruin1997silvia is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
dim headlights on 97

hello i just took out my hid kit because i kept blowing bulbs like every 3 months , so i put in regular h1's and they are super dim any ideas thanks guys
1997silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
reyes23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
reyes23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to reyes23 Send a message via Yahoo to reyes23
battery? that happend to me keept bursting on me but ther h4s went threw 3 pairs..my battery ended up bein fucked up n heatin up like a mofo..also changed my alternator might b that too actually that was my initial problem so check that
Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
1997silvia
Zilvia Member

battery was just checked and its alright and the alternator is new, the h1s work they are just dim, i bought new bulbs and installed one i will check to see the difference tonight but if its the same i have no idea, funny thing is my high beams are like its daylight outside they are hella bright
Old 03-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
s14

"wierd shit = bad grounds,,,, check all your ground cables, try adding a few to the engine and chassis.... works wonders.... oh and dont be a retard and spend 200+ on a grounding kit.. get 10 or 8 gauge wire and eyelets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997silvia View Post
battery was just checked and its alright and the alternator is new, the h1s work they are just dim, i bought new bulbs and installed one i will check to see the difference tonight but if its the same i have no idea, funny thing is my high beams are like its daylight outside they are hella bright

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Brentbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
1997silvia
Zilvia Member

Ok I can do that but why wouldn't they have been dim before I put the hids in? It might be a grounding problem but I don't know where to start checking
Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
1997silvia
Zilvia Member

checked my voltage and its 12v to both headlights, thinking maybe grounds or burnt connections???
Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Are you sure the lights are wired correctly ? or do hids kits just plug right in ? because if you have to wire them in .. and if the wires to the headlights are too thin... you arent getting enough power to em.. but if you say they are getting 12 v ... then grounds is the only idea i can imagine.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
I have hid in my 98 and they absolutely suck donkey balls for night time, what I have read up on this is the usdm projectors are ghey and most folks either deal with it or get the aftermarket housings or the JDM projector housings... gunna cost ya 200-400

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
ill put money down that you fucked up your wiring somewhere, drew too much current and melted some shit
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
RaNMaN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
RaNMaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
check the two grounding points for the headlights which are two spots on the harness under the hood, located directly behind the headlights. there are dozens of small black wires all tying together into one big eyelet with a 10mm bolt holding them on. i would remove them, lightly sand down their contact points to reveal some fresh copper, then apply dilectric grease them before reconnecting.

it may solve your problem if its a headlight grounding issue and its a simple, easy, and cheap thing to do.
RaNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

PIAA HID fog lights FTW

Old 07-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbohn View Post
PIAA HID fog lights FTW
wow, you're smart. PIAA doesnt make any real lighting products, just show shit. a fog light, be it halogen or xenon, wont help someone see better during normal driving conditions. you should do a bit of reading to fully understand the purpose of a fog light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor rock View Post
I personally love to use high definition lights that is help a lot to me to rid on any problem while driving on road
oh, is that what they're called nowadays? HD video, HD audio, and now HD headlights. I'de love someone to tell me what high definition lights are, because that shit is new to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNMaN View Post
check the two grounding points for the headlights which are two spots on the harness under the hood,
guarantee his problem is before the ground point, its much earlier in the connection. but what do i know
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To the OP, how did you wire your HID kit? As ixfxi mentioned, you must have messed something up when you wired up your HID kit. I hope you made a separate relay and harness vs. using your stock harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
but what do i know
clearly nothing (j/k!)