View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 01:05 AM   #125
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
update time :

i decided to make a big move for the built ... i just bought a Motec PDM 15 with keypad to help datalog and to have a more reliable car !!! custom body and engin harness will be done by Ardo @ AVfab in Montreal .

here is a pic for reference

i also took my sr head appart to instal my p12 cams ... while it was open , i decided to make a VVl killer kit out of my p12 cams .

i took all my rockers out ... took them appart (if you wana do this ... make sure you work in a clean area and if possible work on a white surface ... there is some small c-clip and springs in there that are super easy to loose)

so yeah ... took my rockers appart . all you need to do is replace a pin for a longer one ! instead of having a oïl pressure pushing on the pin , i had some pins machined longer to fill in that gap and this makes my vvl locked on all time

here you see the longer pin installed and pushing on the pivot locking my vvl on

to answer any questions in advance ... my tuner Pat Dumont from Acsp tuning as the fastest sr-powered street s-chassis (with a h-patern box) in the world ... he his also running a sr21vet with this mod ... he made alot of test on his car and some other clients cars to back this up ... there is not enough oil pressure to advance the vvl engagement Under a certain rpm ... after alot of test we found out that the sooner you lock the vvl on the sooner the power curve go up ... so our only option left was to mecanicly lock them

remember my car is a full on racecar and im not looking for fuel economie ... if you want to dayli your car , i dont recommand this mod unless your ready to loose alot of fuel economie

on my p12 cams ... ill be running on the high lobs and the specs are
IN: 278 duration and 12.00mm lift
EX: 280 duration and 11.15mm lift

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574

Last edited by rbs14kouki; 10-01-2016 at 05:23 PM..
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote