View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #13630
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDrifter View Post
If you were to get new engine and tranny mounts for strickly track use/track car what would you go with? Solid or Polyurethane...Also what brand wont make to much noise but also still gets the job done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Solid bushings are for drag racing. Really, they are. Go with poly, fit grease zerks, and use a shit load of lithium grease on them when you install them and grease them at least every 90 days(quarterly)

The lack of compliance in a metal bushing will cause your car to bump and jump on the track, especially when that track surface is not exactly perfectly smooth as are most smaller tracks or older tracks. The poly is the last place of flexible compliance in your suspension. Besides, you KNOW damn well you ain't only gong to track it. It will be street driven too
He's asking about solid mounts not bushings.
Don't know about drag racing but on a road racing car they are used to keep sudden lateral weight transfers to a minimum.
Obviously not meant for a street car.

Metal bushings are great for suspension articulation and feedback.
They do required periodic maintenance and are wear items.
They don't make your car "bump and jump".
That's probably poor suspension geometry/setup coupled with cheap coilovers.
I daily drove on spherical bushings for a couple of years on my last s14 and it drove well.

The Skullworks s13.5 that place 2nd at last year's Import Tuner FR Shootout:

solid mounts - check

spherical bushings - check

garbage coilovers? - hmmm, no
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote