PDA

View Full Version : nismo vs cusco motor mounts

Silvia1EightySX
01-22-2006, 09:20 PM
I was wondering if anybody would happen to know if either one is better. Or feedbacks from owners of either motor mounts and how well they work. I am pretty sure I'm going to get a SR swapped in sometime in February since the KA's head gasket blew on me. And I want to replace the motor mounts so I won't have to use the KA mounts since they're 16 years old. I might not get the SR mounts, thats why.

DoriftoSlut
01-22-2006, 09:28 PM
nismo: very streetalbe
cusco: hard and less streetable more track (regularly) suitable

its been covered in the search too
with cusco you need the motor and tranny mounts
nismo can be just motor iirc..check thru the search mode

aznpoopy
01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
nismos are soft. great mounts. my stock mounts were poo... as soon as i installed them, i noticed better response from the engine. guess it was moving around alot on the stock mounts...

they are stiff enough that every plastic panel inside the car will start rattling like a bitch. i imagine the cusco is worse in that regard.

yes, you can run nismo motor mounts with the stock tranny mount. i had it like that for three or four months without any issues.

OptionZero
01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
drift freaq's for the win.

cheaper too i believe

search for engine mounts + drift freaq

BigVinnie
01-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Buy some stockers, and polyurathane the crap out of it.......

CHARLIE2020
01-22-2006, 10:54 PM
I daily drive with my CUSCO engine mounts, they are only bad when your at idle, if you rasie idle a tad bit it doesn;t shake teh whole car but if idles low around 700rpm it vibrates a pretty good amount. There are probably 3 times stiffer than NISMO mounts though, NISMO are just a lil bit better than brand new stock mounts IMO.

CHARLIE2020
01-22-2006, 10:56 PM
You can use CUSCO engine mounts with stock tranny mount also BTW.

jedc
01-22-2006, 11:20 PM
+1 for the stockers with polyurethane filled. Your motor will be solid, plus you can do the tranny mount while your at it. If you can find some stock mounts in good shape I'd say go for it. Home depot is your friend.

drifter808
01-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Im running the nismo mounts and am very impressed. When comparing the engine movement to stock there is a huge difference,stock is all over the place and the nismo keeps the engine very solid but i do notice more vibrations inside the car. shifting is also a bit smoother in the high rpms.

CHARLIE2020
01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
When you compare nismo's to used stock mounts there is obviously a huge differnce but when compared to new stock ones not a huge difference, but nismo's are way more comfortable than CUSCO's that for damn sure, but I can live with it i like knowing my engine is rock solid :).

Dousan_PG
01-22-2006, 11:57 PM
yeah i like hard no rocking
im changing to URAS
tranny mount is already URAS

right now home made polye style. its ok. not as good as a solid block like the drift freaq/cusco/kazama/uras style'd ones

S14DB
01-23-2006, 12:39 AM
I have the Cusco Engine mounts and the Nismo Tranny. I dunno if I want to use the Cusco or buy some Nismo's. I wish someone had used both.

drift freaq
01-23-2006, 01:16 AM
yeah i like hard no rocking
im changing to URAS
tranny mount is already URAS

right now home made polye style. its ok. not as good as a solid block like the drift freaq/cusco/kazama/uras style'd ones

yo aaron, check out my mounts I think you'll like them hit me up. :D

oh ya and for S14DB, I had a customer that had the Cusco and hated them he bought our mounts and was very happy.
If you want a mount that is strong and better than the Nismo and won't rattle your teeth like the Cusco ours is the way to go.
hehehhehe shameless self promotion in effect :D

Silvia1EightySX
01-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I was searching for nismo and cusco, then I found kazama mounts. And the nismo motor + tranny mount runs about 200. And the cusco about 165. The kazama where around 225. I'll check on the drift freaq ones as well.

S14DB
01-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Kazama=Cusco

S14DriftstaiN
01-23-2006, 05:04 PM
I can only tell you that nismo mounts are agood up grade from stock.if your stockers are beat than hell yeh, easy install.swap must

drift freaq
01-23-2006, 08:56 PM
oh ya and our mounts are cheaper than Nismo's and made here in the United States. yes I know more shameless self promotion :D