PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these turbo specs

pretzel king
05-30-2005, 09:58 PM
im upgrading my sr20 s14 blacktop to a t3/t4 setup. I have all the approprate mods im just curious to thoughts anyone might have on the specs of the turbo im looking at.

As follows: .57 wheel trim .60 a/r compressor .63 a/r turbine

any thoughts and any supportive information you can provide would be appeciated!!!

dunno
05-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Not quite sure what you're looking for, you listed the specs. Garrett makes a turbo like that: .57 wheel trim, .60 a/r compressor, .63 a/r tubrine, stage 3 turbine wheel, and a 270 degree thrust bearing.

-Matt

pretzel king
05-30-2005, 10:34 PM
sorry I should have supplied more information, im looking for something that can support up to 20 psi in the ball park of 400 hp. i didnt want to give to much information along those lines because I didnt want to seem like i was going for something crazy. The .63 turbine seemed a bit large but i wasnt to sure how laggy it would be. Id like to come close to retaining the 3.5kish boosting.

ultraDorksGarage
05-31-2005, 09:14 AM
sorry I should have supplied more information, im looking for something that can support up to 20 psi in the ball park of 400 hp. i didnt want to give to much information along those lines because I didnt want to seem like i was going for something crazy. The .63 turbine seemed a bit large but i wasnt to sure how laggy it would be. Id like to come close to retaining the 3.5kish boosting.

im running a t3/t4 basically same setup but a bigger trim and slightly custom wheel. boost is at 4500-5000. although ball bearings would help the spool up time, the HKS log style manifold would help more. im running a tubular manifold.

pretzel king
05-31-2005, 10:09 AM
im running a t3/t4 basically same setup but a bigger trim and slightly custom wheel. boost is at 4500-5000. although ball bearings would help the spool up time, the HKS log style manifold would help more. im running a tubular manifold.

Oh no kiddin, what kinda boost do you run daily with it? If you dont mind me asking what kinda numbers are you puttin down???

Thanks