PDA

View Full Version : KA24de S13 Wont start

Linux2501
09-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Well I am stumped new ecu new about to get fed up with this car, here is a pict of the guage cluster when the battery is plugged in and the key is in the off position and the dinger will not ding nothing works but those two damn lights. please help!

Walperstyle
09-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Provide more information. ...seriously, you post a pic of a car that looks like it had a tornado go through it.

booey13
09-14-2012, 02:03 AM
Have you tampered with wiring? Check fuses and your tcu. I'm guessing with the dash out you removed the radio. Those lights shouldn't be on with the key in the off position either. That could be a faulty ignition switch.

Linux2501
09-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Alright so when I bought my 240 it had a knocking motor, thus pulled engine-trans and after i put the engine and trans back in. and after hooking everything back up i cannot get a proper connection to start or get the fuel pump to prime, the car will not do anything all I see when i try to start the car is the battery light. I blew my alt fuse and another fuse but replaced them both. I was wondering if this could be an ecu problem or is there a main fuse or relay i maybe fried. any help will be amazing! Its a 91 240sx s13 hatch. with a ka24de

Walperstyle
09-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Firstly try swapping batteries with a car that works every day without issues

Report back with what happens.

Linux2501
09-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Firstly try swapping batteries with a car that works every day without issues

Report back with what happens.

The battery is out of my RUNNING 3000gt

Walperstyle
09-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Possibly ECU issue, but if you get absolutely nothing, it might even be the ignition. Did you play around with any of the wires regarding the ignition?

I'm assuming you checked the ground wire attached to the block? If its a SOHC engine, I believe the alternator also has a fiber washer on the back of one of the posts, I burnt up a wiring harness once before similar issue as you are having. I kept trying it and she went up in flames. Maybe someone else can chime in, its been like 7 years sense I owned a SOHC.

Do you have a multimeter? Its very difficult to troubleshoot electrical as it is, over the internet its almost impossible.

Linux2501
09-16-2012, 02:16 AM
Its a dohc and I just pulled the engine out and rebuilt it and dropped it back in and (it was running prior) but anyway I grounded out a positive going to the alt and it blew two fuseable links and my 75 alt fuse which I tried using an 80a maxi fuse but still don't get any clicks out of my relays I've been reading on testing relays with a 12v source. But I also need some info about the voltage dropper on the engine bay could there is a blue box behind the light where a two pin connector goes to it, what is it and is there connectors that could maybe mix and cause trouble? And what would the bare minimum be for this car to have engine bay wise?

Linux2501
09-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Bump Ive checked everything.