PDA

View Full Version : KA Revs High when in neutral

whippet
09-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Just swapped a 96 ka24de into my 95. Engine runs fine when in gear, but revs up to 3,000 rpm when in neutral.

From searching, I see people posting: sticking throttle plate, IACV, timing, MAF and such. But nothing definitive and nothing with my symptoms. Most complain of low or erratic rpm.

Any advice?

rb25_s13*CHUKI
09-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Just swapped a 96 ka24de into my 95. Engine runs fine when in gear, but revs up to 3,000 rpm when in neutral.

From searching, I see people posting: sticking throttle plate, IACV, timing, MAF and such. But nothing definitive and nothing with my symptoms. Most complain of low or erratic rpm.

Any advice?

throttle cable too tight? try and push the throttle closed when its idling

SharkMan
09-13-2012, 02:43 PM

Any advice?

You could be idling high due to your MAF or any other air to fuel ratio based sensor, if one of your o2 sensors is unplugged, broken etc. Just trouble shoot her and check through process of elimination.