PDA

View Full Version : Totally Stumped

RICHAAARD
08-19-2012, 02:58 AM
hey guys, i joined the forum just to ask this question, ive googled and googled but found nothing...

anyways, i have a ka24e in my s13...its been driving great, all of a sudden i go to start it today and the rpms shoot up to 2k, and stay there...thats it, they just sit... like i said ive tried to google things and i get nothing... what do you recommend i check first? im so busy with work that i only have the weekends to work on it...so any help would be greatly appreciated...

enderr
08-19-2012, 03:01 AM
vaccum lines maf i dont know much but my car idles at 1500 when its running hot. weird...

240zach
08-19-2012, 03:05 AM
is that when you try and drive? or it just goes to 2k rpms at idle? does it still drive?
check your TPS, MAFS,IACV and vacuum.

wangan_cruiser
08-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Lol try to check your throttle body. Could be sticking out making your car idle too high

wangan_cruiser
08-19-2012, 10:51 AM
And throttle body chord

240zach
08-19-2012, 02:59 PM
idk why you put totally stumped in your title...it should say something like
totally didn't research or troubleshoot

what i would recommend you did first is look up the issue before posting about it.
give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime kind of thing.

240trooper
08-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Something similar happened to me a feww years back. My cruise control system was the cause of my problem. Some how it turned on by itself and it wouldn't turn off. I just ended up taking the whole system out. Not sure if this is the same problem but hopefully it helps.

RICHAAARD
08-21-2012, 03:17 AM
240zach..i can see why you dont understand what i titled the thread, because you obviously didnt read my post...

anyways, thanks guys saturday im gonna check all the vacuum lines, maf blah blah...i was just hoping someone would say, "oh its just a sensor" lol thanks ill let you know how it goes

Walperstyle
08-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Idle is controlled by IACV and Throttle Body (usually).

You should have an adjust ment screw on the TB to move it around, unless it is stuck like fella said.

240zach
08-21-2012, 04:03 PM
no i read your post. i just can't get over the fact you say you researched but still could'nt find anything...you must really suck at searching. I guess your title could work if you put totally stumped at using google and anything about the engine that i have.
but whatever. this thread should be locked now

omgRWDgoodness!
08-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Lol try to check your throttle body. Could be sticking out making your car idle too high

And throttle body chord
And the throttle position sensor.

tapdeznutz
08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
idk why you put totally stumped in your title...it should say something like
totally didn't research or troubleshoot

what i would recommend you did first is look up the issue before posting about it.
give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime kind of thing.

lol you pulled out the fishing lesson, nice.