PDA

View Full Version : sr20 bogging and blowing out smoke

frank105
03-07-2012, 06:56 PM
ok so i tried searching for this and couldnt find a definitive answer and im really concerned at this point. so i was driving back to my house with my friend following me in his type-s and he gets beside me and starts revving then finally goes WOT so i try to catch up, while on 3rd gear right before i hit 7k i hear a fast whistling noise then my car completely gives out, so i bring it to the side and it bogs goes under 1k then dies. i turn it on and i have to give it gas in order for it to stay on. white smoke comes out of the exhaust and i see a little smoke coming from the turbo manifold so im thinking its a blown turbo but im not completely sure? also the car wont pick up any type of speed i can barely get it to go 5 mph. if anybody can send me to the right direction? and i had just gotten the clutch in :( lol could it be a bad sensor? blown t25? injectors? spark plug?

frank105
03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
oh and this is a red top sr20det on a s13 chassis.

hardparkd
03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
do a compression test. white smoke usually means blown headgasket..

frank105
03-07-2012, 07:04 PM
shit my bad i meant black smoke. i just txted my friend who was following me and he said it was black.

frank105
03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
found the problem :) one of the clamps on the hot pipe went loose so there was massive leak. although i found oil dripping down the pipe...hopefully nothing got damaged.