PDA

View Full Version : start stall problem

MaverickK
12-11-2011, 03:49 PM
been having an issue where my car starts perfectly for about 5 seconds then it just dies.Changed my fuel pump, checked the fuel pump relays, changed the fuel filter.Has anyone had a similar problem? Anyone have any suggestions on might it be? Might it be a iac valve, iaa unit or the aac valve. i have checked for vacuum leaks and found none. Im going to egr system off and clean it.....any suggestions would be real helpful. thank you

Phlip
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Clean the IACV next

MaverickK
12-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Clean the IACV next

took it off and cleaned it as well, then tested it with a multimeter and got a reading of 62 ohms, fsm says 75 so im going to replace it and see if that fixes the problem thanks

MaverickK
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
i have done everything i can think of and still nothing...if anyone is reading this and has had a similar problem please let me know, im at my wits end.

idlafie
12-18-2011, 01:18 AM
i have done everything i can think of and still nothing...if anyone is reading this and has had a similar problem please let me know, im at my wits end.

92 S13?? You sure your ECU is working properly?? From what I recall, (and I could be full of shit so you might want to double check me on this), S13's get a signal from the ECU which drives the fuel pump. Sometimes they go bad..

http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/367680-s13-fuel-pump-ecu-pin-104-blown.html

Try swapping out your ECU with a known good one & see if that makes a difference.

Hope this helps...

ID

MaverickK
12-19-2011, 04:16 PM
92 S13?? You sure your ECU is working properly?? From what I recall, (and I could be full of shit so you might want to double check me on this), S13's get a signal from the ECU which drives the fuel pump. Sometimes they go bad..

ID

will check, though my pump still primes up when you turn the ignition, will check the fuel pressure as soon as i get a tester. i did however discover that i as i unplugged the maf as it was about to stall, and it ran a lot better unplugged. i bought a maf from a member but im pretty sure it doesnt work even though he said it did. Any one know how to check and see if its the wiring to the maf or the maf itself, or might it be something else causing my car to stall. Will note that the check engine is not on

Tantwoforty
12-20-2011, 03:53 PM
clean or replace the maf
you can check the maf voltage witha volt meter. i think its pin 26 on the ecu but make sure you google a diagram before hand make sure your fuel lines are not backwards..
try spraying starter fluid in the TB with it running and see if it will run for longer