PDA

View Full Version : Hardly anything works- electrical problems

Gription
10-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I've got a 93' hatch and I can not figure out what is going on. Yesterday all of my switches and things worked fine- headlights, wipers, warning chime ect.. Then today I found out that almost none of my interior functions are working. Headlight motors, interior lights, warning chime, clock, wipers, hazards; none of these things are working at all. The only thing that works is my headlights turn on but they will not pop up, and my high beams only work when pulling the switch toward me and only the passengers side high beam works.
I checked all my fuses and the all look good, so I'm thinking it could be a power wire that connects to all of these functions or something. Serious gremlins going on here.
Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks.

obsolete
10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
did you check the fuse links in the engine bay?

Gription
10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes, checked everything. are these things controlled by a relay that could be shot? I've got to fix it this week.

lightsource
10-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Did you check your dome light/interior fuse by driverside kick panel?

redhatchy92
10-04-2010, 09:39 PM
are you running bigger wheels than stock and if so did you relocate your side harness???? that sound like thats the problem just check to see if the tire rubbed against the harness and if so your fucked...lol

Gription
10-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Nah its got nothing to do with the wheels chewing up the harness, this car is 4x4 status to the max and hasn't been driven in 6 months.

Checking all the fuses again to see if I overlooked something, but I'm pretty sure thats not it.

Oh also the power windows do not work.

lightsource
10-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Nah its got nothing to do with the wheels chewing up the harness, this car is 4x4 status to the max and hasn't been driven in 6 months.

Checking all the fuses again to see if I overlooked something, but I'm pretty sure thats not it.

Oh also the power windows do not work.

All sound symptoms of a bad fuse/relay. more than likely on the interior. It may be one of the function boxes that's connected to the harness. Check the FSM for electronics

dreamin240sx
10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
why would he be screwed if his tired rubbed apart the harness thats what they made soldier for...

HPKMotorsports3
10-04-2010, 11:08 PM
why would he be screwed if his tired rubbed apart the harness thats what they made soldier for...

made soldier for??? did you mean solder... lol

lightsource
10-04-2010, 11:22 PM

Yes and No, depends on his definition of screwed. If he wants to spend hrs replacing possibly burned/mangled wire harness all day sure.

Depends on the person.

obsolete
10-05-2010, 06:38 AM
This def sounds like the main fuse link in the engine bay cause it seems like everything straight off the battery is working. Does your brake lights come on when you step on the brakes? Does your radio and gauge clusters light up when you turn the key ON?

you will need to get a multimeter and trace it out

Gription
10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I didn't check the brake lights actually, but yeah the gauge cluster lights come on except there are no digits on the clock.
There is one wire that is white, probably a 10 gauge, coming from the fuse block that I think may have shorted to ground one day, but I checked it for continuity and it was reading a signal.

By main fuse link are you talking about those big ol' green and orange fuses??

obsolete
10-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't know the color, but yea, it's the bigger ones with the clear plastic showing the link. one should be 75amp. Does the car start? Best bet is FSM. Damn s13 looks very confusing compare to s14. Try troubleshooting one thing at a time like the headlamp motor.

Gription
10-05-2010, 10:07 AM
It does start, fuel pump works fine as does everthing else related to the motor. I tested another set of combination switches thinking they could have blown or something, but I got the same thing.
Yeah I'll check the fsm schematics but the only problem is I don't know what I'm looking for haha

lightsource
10-05-2010, 12:22 PM
It does start, fuel pump works fine as does everthing else related to the motor. I tested another set of combination switches thinking they could have blown or something, but I got the same thing.
Yeah I'll check the fsm schematics but the only problem is I don't know what I'm looking for haha

Just read dude, if you have questions post on here.

Gription
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Okay so I've narrowed the issue down to the drivers side kick panel fuse block, but I can't think of a good way to test or replace it. Anything?