PDA

View Full Version : so why did u get a 240sx/300zx?

wherezmytofu
07-24-2003, 01:59 PM
well?

DuffMan
07-24-2003, 02:05 PM
The car dealership put plastic blue oval over the nissan emblem and I thought I was buying a ford probe.

I was so dissapointed when i found out...

wherezmytofu
07-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DuffMan
The car dealership put plastic blue oval over the nissan emblem and I thought I was buying a ford probe.

I was so dissapointed when i found out... those trixsters!

Stee Flo
07-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Fun, rwd, well balanced car that was in my price range. Also has a ton of aftermarket goodies for it. Plus the looks dont hurt it either!

Dousan_PG
07-24-2003, 02:52 PM
one day i was like, totally reading super street and all....and then like, i saw that signal madd tyte drifter X used a 180sx..so like i totally went online and stuff and found out its like a 240sx. so i said, damn yo thats tyte dogg. and so i then i was watchign fast and the furious and like, they said sr20det in civics and since i know those engines are like god (omg yes they are) i said damn,i gotta get a sylvia. so i sold my honduh (that car is for ricers) and got a 180sx here in so cali

now im like a madd tyte jdm skilled drifta andall and i like totally waiting to get a sr20det swap cuz its like the first thing my car should have!

ya!

wherezmytofu
07-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
one day i was like, totally reading super street and all....and then like, i saw that signal madd tyte drifter X used a 180sx..so like i totally went online and stuff and found out its like a 240sx. so i said, damn yo thats tyte dogg. and so i then i was watchign fast and the furious and like, they said sr20det in civics and since i know those engines are like god (omg yes they are) i said damn,i gotta get a sylvia. so i sold my honduh (that car is for ricers) and got a 180sx here in so cali

now im like a madd tyte jdm skilled drifta andall and i like totally waiting to get a sr20det swap cuz its like the first thing my car should have!

ya! please vote accordingly :bash:

;)

radrex88
07-26-2003, 10:13 AM
In japan, what else Im I gonna get for $2000 thats fast, and light.

zero.counter
07-28-2003, 04:05 PM
I had $3k in my pocket and saw the 95 240sx SE an irresistable buy. Better than my 88 accord LX.

96SEChick
08-02-2003, 08:39 AM
I'll admit I fell in love with the looks before I knew anything about the car. Then I started researching and learned so much, I had to look for one. Then once I test-drove one, I knew I had to buy one.

fastpace
08-02-2003, 01:21 PM
saw it in uncles driveway and fell in love with it

fantasya98
08-02-2003, 01:43 PM
When i first played Tokyo Extreme Racing on the Dreamcast, and got sick of fixin up the crx and eg civic, so i tried the 180sx, and i fell in love with it, well hey, i was only 14 at the time and that was 3 years ago.. but den i got an integra as a present but i sold it after a hit and run, and got myself a fastback like ive always wanted.

S14TiNMAN
08-03-2003, 07:48 PM
speechless.:doh:

CrispMofo
08-10-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by DuffMan

I was so dissapointed when i found out...
those old ford probes look just like a complete knock-off of the s13 fastback.

fantasya98
08-10-2003, 09:05 AM
You're right, those probes suuure look like s13's. This kid at my school has one, and i went off when my stupid friend said, "hey, his car kinda looks like yours" i was like, "hell no!! Thats a POS and mine is a beautiful piece of engineering and design...!!!" i can be an :mrmeph: :mad:

CrispMofo
08-10-2003, 07:08 PM
everytime i see a probe roll by, i yell 240 wannabe!
damn, i honestly think the older probes are a full knock-off of the 240.

drift freaq
08-10-2003, 10:39 PM
drove up to the Nissan dealer in 1989 in my 240z parked it. got out went and test drove a 240sx Hatch. I was blown away at the stock capabilities of the car in the handling department. Needless to say I kept driving the z until 92 then I bought a Hardbody pickup. Drove it till 1999 when I replaced it with my 89 240sx hatch because I had moved to socal and needed a car with ac and I wanted to get back in rwd sports cars. Figured I might as well get something a little more modern than a 240z.
Still love 240z's and will build another one but the S13 hatch is one hell of a car imho.:boink: :bow:

Maeda
08-11-2003, 04:07 PM
My dad made a bet with me that I couldn't get into art school OR get a 3.6 GPA...

I did both, and he still almost con-ed me into taking my moms car until we found out it takes way to long to ship because I was starting school in 3 days. So, he said I had 2 days to find a car, and I did, although it was automagic, I don't really mind. Whenever I get mad at the auto tranny I just go downtown during rush hour traffic and remind myself how much I love my left leg.

Originally I wanted an FC, but pops was in control of my old insurance cash and he didn't want me to have a rotary experiment, so #2 on on my list was the 240.

Now the #1 car on my list is the 240 ^_^, but I still want an FC sometime in the future, or possibly a rotary 240sx...

renesis in a S13....... :drool:

X1nom3D
09-05-2003, 10:07 AM
4 and a half years ago, i knew nothing about the 240sx, hell, i didn't even know it existed. i admit, I was a madd honda fan. but i had a friend who knew lots about cars and everything, and i overheard him saying "maybe i should get a 240sx" and i thought to myself, hmmm... "240sx eh???". well ya kno, there must be something good about the damn car if he's thinkin of gettin it! one day, when i turned 16 and got my license, i was looking in the papers for a 240sx and found a 5-speed 89 fastback. wow, I had to go take a look! i don't even know what the damn car looks like! when i got there, i said to myself, "wow, that must be it right there. looks nice and sporty. i like, i like *evil grin*." well, 3 days later, I bought that car. the problem was, I didn't know how to drive a stick. hahaha. SO, i had a friend of mine bring it home. and yes, he test drove it for me before i bought it. peeled out like crazy, i like even more =P~~. well yea, so now it's sitting in my garage for about a week now, and I don't know how to drive it yet (never tried). as a sophomore in high school, i thought, i need to take this baby out! so i asked my friend to verbally teach me how to drive it. one day, went home and took it out myself. only took half hour to get the hang of it. well, okay okay i'll stop now! but seriously, me owning this car was fate, cause i knew nothing about it. 4 years later, i just installed my stage 2 clutch =)

ca18guy
09-14-2003, 11:26 PM
I bought my car because its what I always wanted since I first owned a car. My dad made me buy a beat up 85' 300ZX when I was 16 (I was dumb/young and wanted my moms Cavalier :ugh: ), we fixed it up and turned it into a really nice car, since then I've been enthralled with Z's and looked at the Z32 as the ultimate Z. I loved the looks/power/everything about the Z32 so I saved and unfortunatly got shipped overseas for 2 years thus delaying me from buying a 300ZXtt but I got to buy a S13 and save more and also let Z32's depreciate alittle more :D Anyway I forgot what this thread was about.... oh yeah I'm a stubborn bastard now who will only buy Nissan and 300ZX is the car I wanted since I was a wee lad.

docrice
10-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Um, actually, i bought mine by a fluke. after HATING my '91 Turbo AWD Talon for 6 months (thats all i could stand it), i said screw it, i'm not buying another high-maintenance sports car until after college(i was in my HS senior year), i'll just get a nice comfy car. I was looking at Honda Accords and stumbled across my baby...Drove it, loved it, checked it out online (mad props to this forum for showing me that the car is pretty reliable and insanely capable/upgradable), and went to the bank. My dad was kinda pissed ("I thought you said no more sports cars"), but he likes it too. Good deal.

DORIMON
10-14-2003, 12:14 PM
I used to have a supercharged '97 Maxima, and I always hated the fact that it was an automatic. I had the manual tranny sitting in my garage for the longest while I was trying to beat the auto tranny to death before the swap. Somewhere down the line I blew the head gasket and decided to just call it quits on the Max. I decided to bring it back to stock form and sell all of the aftermarket parts. At the time, my cousin was driving a '95 240sx, which I thought was really cool. I started looking for a 5-spd Max and my cousin was helping me find a 5-spd S14. Luckily, 2 weeks after blowing my Maxima head gasket, I bought my white Zenki S14 for $5700 by an old couple that took really good care of one. Ever since, I've been spending a lot of money on it buying this and that for it and I don't regret giving up the Max because the S14 with parts is still cheaper and faster than my Max will ever be. I like how rare the S14 is. The handling is good, and I definetely like the looks of the car. That's why I chose the S14.

-Benji

rufrydrsc2
10-15-2003, 04:29 PM
It came with my wife. Freebee!!!!!:boink: But that wasn't a choice on the poll. :(

ONYX S-13
11-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by wherezmytofu
well? None of the above....I got my 240 cause it was dirt cheap, they are my favorite cars in the whole world, and i love RWD drifting.

Justice
11-19-2003, 09:43 PM
I went out to the street races here in seattle with my turbo F22 prelude "accord powered baby" =P

when i asked the little guy in the blue 240 coupe with a silvia front end conversion why he didnt run "didnt know what a silvia was, and didnt care" he said drag racing was for pussies. i asked him what he did that was so badass. he said ... "get in"

drifting 101

so, when a F-250 ran the lude over, there was no choice but a 240. i dreamed about the sheer controll in the face of chaos that he showed me was possible with the car. I had dreams of drifting becuase of that one ride. So when i bought my 91 base hatch "i mean base, no anything at all. no ac, no CC no ANYTHING" suprised it had powerstearing lol "striped weighed in at 2590 lbs without me"

So i got the car for 2900 bucks and have loved my car with its truck like KA eversince ... it did feal different. forgot his car had a 300 horse SR in it. lol "didnt thay all come with that?" ya should of known lol

Ghettokracker71
12-31-2003, 08:51 PM
I was a muscle car head for quite a while,I am 17 years old,and have owned 2 other cars and 1 shit-ass truck before I got my S13 FB,and ...yeah...my first car was a small block 71 Chevelle Malibu,and I sold that to get a somewhat built 302 powered T-bird,and that was going to be a major project car,I traded a disc brake kit for my old chevelle(sold at the time) for the car,and a freind offered alot of $$ for the bird,so I let her go..then I had that truck...ANYWAY...I got my 240sx b/c...

Its faster than most hondas,and has EXCELLENT buildability

My girlfreind hates that I race,and I can't afford another ticket,so I wanted something that I wouldn't have to race,or speed to have fun in,I always have fun driving my S13

Its a nissan!(DUH!)

Its "pimp" and "badass"

I can drag race it,I can touge it,I can drift it,I can pimp it out,I can show it ...what can't I do with it !??

I love my KA,I'm very passonate about it !

wherezmytofu
01-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by rufrydrsc2
It came with my wife. Freebee!!!!!:boink: But that wasn't a choice on the poll. :( now thats a good deal! :boink:

JtWo
02-02-2004, 08:27 PM
lol....thats the coolest deal ever!!!

Ghettokracker71
02-02-2004, 09:35 PM
lol....thats the coolest deal ever!!!
Wow....free wife with car? Works for me:)

nightwalker
02-26-2004, 08:07 PM
I heard falling of a cliff was faster with a rear wheel drive

iknowyoulike
02-26-2004, 10:03 PM
it's cheap, looks good, and has great power potiental.. :bow:

Doriftomodachi
02-26-2004, 10:32 PM
I had a porsche 944 that kept on breaking down back in 1992. I loved the chuki look of the 1992 240sx fastback and that it was fr like my 944 but since it's japanese I knew it would be MUCH more reliable. My ex gf from japan also told me they were very popular there so I bot and s13 and fell in love with it!

BiluMaster K's
02-27-2004, 01:13 PM
My car was so ugly, I felt bad for it...took it home, cleaned it up, and currently nursing it back to health.

Plus, dam crooks robbed my scooby.

thaiger77
02-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Back in 2000, I was looking for a Maxima but stumbled into a 97 240sx at the Nissan dealership in Dayton, Ohio. At the time, I didn't know too much about 240sx. The only few that I have seen was my friend's S14 with Veilside kit in San Diego. Anyway, I test drove it and fell in love with it. I had it ever since and not planning on ever selling it. I love the looks that I get from other people when I pull up at car meets.

nightwalker
03-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Actually I think it's the wing more than anything. :p

TwoFourO
03-04-2004, 12:43 AM
Well, mine's an SE. Those chrome muffler tips had me from the get go!

Red
03-09-2004, 08:00 AM
LMAO I had no idea what a 240sx was...

I saw a 92 fastback at the dealer... It looked nice and it was in consumer reports (parents would not co-sign if not in there)

I drove the 92 and it was alright (I wanted a real sports car)

The 92 sold right after I got done test driving it (basterds) it was 4k

I then called up the Nissan dealer and told them to find me one because it was the only sports car in consumer reports that I could afford the insurance on ($325 a month at 20) (21 was $175) (22 went to $165) and if they see my ticket for 114mph and 20 over I'm fuked. (less cash for mods)

6 months later they got me a 95-240sx se and I bought it for a ungodly high price (12,000) (Yeah I got bent)

But in the 2 - 3 (lmao i forget) years that I have owned the car it is now paid off and has $11,000 worth of mods, (yay big spender)

The only reason I still have a 240sx is I'm to cheap to pay a high insurance... Or I would go out and buy and damn 350z, Supra, 300GT, Stealth...

I have to much in this shit box now... Needa save for a house.

btw got my shit box dyno'd... Its kinda sad. Cant wait to install my turbo I hate looking at all the parts on my desk. But thats another post... Once I get my dyno pics uploaded.

oojpeeoo
03-15-2004, 03:46 PM
i got mine bc it was dirt cheap and in good condition

monkey7
03-19-2004, 04:08 AM
I needed a beater thats not to hefty on the pocket.

Shin_Kudo
04-04-2004, 07:17 AM
Because there's no competiton for the S14. I wanted a car that was RWD, light, less than 10 years old, and less than six grand. The S14 is the only choice. Of course, it also helps that I love the way it looks and handles, the fact that Keiichi Tsuchiya himself praised it as a superbly balanced car, the fact that it has a strong enthusiast base and a large aftermarket, and the fact that I've always liked Silvias.

nissantuner22
04-04-2004, 10:57 AM
When I got my learners permit, my dad bought me a beater 89 nissan pulsar. Other cars I had been wanting were a honda prelude (old ones) toyota mr2 (old ones), as you can tell I liked the boxy look. I also considered a coupe S13, but couldnt find one. So I got the ol' Pulsar. Needless to say it was lacking in speed, handling, everything else. But I really enjoyed the car and it got me where I needed to go. I bought a nice muffler, made a custom cold air intake, and drove it around happily for about a year. Even before I had my learners permit I was interested in "high performance", and I enrolled in a mechanics class in high school. After driving around the pulsar for awhile, and worshipping the SR20DET write up on exaclub.net, I decided instead of swapping in the SR20DET into my pulsar, It would be a lot easier to get an NX2000 that already came with an SR20. ( as I was planning on picking up the NX2000, the fast and the furious premiers, and I see it ) WHOA! They mention the SR20 in the movie! SUPER TYTE YO! So I finnanly get an NX2000. The aftermarket was much larger for an NX2000, even though its still somewhat small. After owning the NX2000 for awhile, it just became more and more apparant that my high horsepower goals wouldnt work out to well. SE-R trannies are notorious for blowing out 3rd gear, and combined with beind FWD, I was at a disadvantage still. While I was debating about what to do next, I kept reading and checking out S13's. Ah the memories of how I wanted a coupe back when I was a wee lad. After 5 months of searching for a decent shaped coupe, I find one in near flawless condition for 1500 dollars. And here I am.

Var
04-05-2004, 01:32 PM
cheap, reliable, RWD, ugly as fuck so it's ok if i crash it learning to drive.

nlzmo400r
05-14-2004, 10:00 PM
my 9o was my first, and couldnt let it go after that. So i bought another 93

240KAT
05-15-2004, 08:28 AM
When i was 15, there was a 91 f/b donated to my car class and I just fell in love with it. I was going to buy it when it went to auction, but my teacher told me the auction was on an incorrect date and went and bought it for $1500! The thing was in mint condition with 110k. Anyway, he sold it later and i bought my brother's probe when i turned 16. It was a nice car for $3000 (stereo, rims, springs, exhaust, tint, new paint, etc etc). I liked it well enough, but every time i would take a turn going too fast, id spin out into a ditch (this happened 3 times, ultimately totally the car). So, when I crashed it for good, my mom said 'how about a 240sx? I remember you talking about them last year'. I bought a 90 SOHC Automatic for 2000 and drove that for a month..sold that and bought my KA-T, bought my HICAS project for $800, sold KA-T, did SR swap..and now I'm happy. GRIP OWNS ME.

KA24DESOneThree
07-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Why'd I buy my 240SX? Mostly due to you guys and all the great stuff I've heard about the chassis. SCC's project Silvia helped a bit, too. There's no way an e30 could pull over 1.0g with that little modification. Add in excellent aftermarket support, great lines, and a curb weight of 2700lbs and I had to have one. So far, I can tell the car has much higher limits than the e30, even with a shot set of Buddy Clubs and crappy tires. The longer wheelbase is more stable, and the steering feel is great. The KA24DE isn't unsonorous, especially with the swiss-cheesed airbox, and is decently quick. The torque is great from idle, but I'm kinda sad to lose the 6900rpm power of the e30. I guess a change of cams is in order. So far, I love this car... the only real qualm I have about it is the lack of headroom. Goodbye sunroof, hello random carbon fiber panel. (It'll be the only showy bit of the car... might as well splurge.)

Call me a bandwagon jumper all you want... you'll realize that I have passion for the car and for driving. You won't see me selling the car when the drifting craze passes, or when JDM passes back into obscurity.

1sikgti
07-26-2004, 07:02 PM
the second car I ever owned was an 89 240sx fastback.grandparents bought it off my uncle for me when I totaled my first car.Got it for only 1800$ in mint condition with only 60k miles on it! Back then,I didnt know a thing about "Jdm" but I did want the do luck kit an center exit exhaust,so I was on the right track.Ended up turbo'n the car wit a mix matched box of parts off an s14 turbo kit,ran like crap so I sold it for an integra.Go down the line a few years,I bought another fastback,89 in decent running shape with no pink slip for 350$,trashed the car an lost any enthusiasm to use the money from sellin my maxima to fix it up.Now present time I am on car #23 an what do you know,I went back to 240sx,this time with my 91 coupe.Mainly bought it cause its a desighn that never got old to me,an its always had a place in my heart an having so many friends that are into them now,unlock before is a big inspiration to build my current one. :fruit:

wootwoot
08-02-2004, 01:58 AM
1) that bitch is bad
2)rwd is true sports car style
3)drove a 240sx with an sr20det swap 2 years ago and it was one of the best feeling cars ever, have been dreaming ever since(living that dream now)
4) can fit 2 bikes in the back(1989 fastback)
5) light weight
6) easy to work on
7) cheap
8) they look hot
9) i love nissans

240dreamer
08-26-2004, 04:18 PM
I was going to work one morning and saw this red car at a dealership... "what's that." Next morning going to work... "looks nice." Third morning I see the car is still there. No work today so I stopped to see what the hell it was. Never heard of the 240, but after a test drive and an hour later I drove away from the just traded S10 in my 240.

ledzeppelin240
08-28-2004, 02:57 AM
I saw the car on a dealership lot. Thoought it was a different colour and look that not everyone had one or even knew about them. S I bought it and couldn't remember what it was called besides a Nissan. Came here on zilvia.net serching for information. Now after 2 years of driing the car stock, I know have a well designed plan for the car which will be undertaken in spring of 2005...

mendozasport
08-29-2004, 10:20 AM
in my country ( Argentina , south america for those that failed geography...) we only had the German version ( sr20det left hand drive....s14 wmc 97'98') and some r32 were browling the streets, but were extremely expensive , so since i moved to the U.S in 2000 i got of the plane searching for silvias...it took a while to find some one to know what was taking about and explained that in the u.s. they are 240sx's...under powered s14's..curently have my third 96's14 with gods grace this ones getting sr swap..and for those that think the perfect swap is the german version ....true but find one....only 1500 were made in the osaka plant acording to a friend in spain not many are in exsistens( meaning they are not registered to some body..could be stored or in movil who knows???)..

AllenRPS13
10-03-2004, 11:16 PM
My dad made a bet with me that I couldn't get into art school OR get a 3.6 GPA...

I did both, and he still almost con-ed me into taking my moms car until we found out it takes way to long to ship because I was starting school in 3 days. So, he said I had 2 days to find a car, and I did, although it was automagic, I don't really mind. Whenever I get mad at the auto tranny I just go downtown during rush hour traffic and remind myself how much I love my left leg.

Originally I wanted an FC, but pops was in control of my old insurance cash and he didn't want me to have a rotary experiment, so #2 on on my list was the 240.

Now the #1 car on my list is the 240 ^_^, but I still want an FC sometime in the future, or possibly a rotary 240sx...

renesis in a S13....... :drool:

haha, you are right, it just the same thing like me, driving with auto tranny is much more comfortable than stick shift! although stick shift is much more fun...

MakotoS13
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
i just wanted to be loved

1red240sx
10-04-2004, 06:19 PM
I heard about a 240 a couple years ago but didnt know what the hell RWD really meant. Playing Gran Turismo 3 helped alot and when I was looking for a car, i heard that 240s where really reliable, cheap, sexy lookin, and decent on gas and somewhat cheap to insure since its not a "sports" car b/c it has a back seat. I wanted a 2+2 and I loved the RWD capablities and fun times I could do with a 240. I always loved Nissans and hated Hondas and FWD. Saw one down the street, 89 hatch with 165k+ miles on it and saw it looked like it had a lot of potential. I was goin to buy it but he kept it and I was lookin for another month or 2 and found my red 91 se coupe that I fell in love with.
I wanted a 91+ b/c they were more reliable than the 89-90, as said by Consumer Reports, and I just thought they looked great. I asked my friends cousin about his car and he told me about the good times he has had in it and I fell in love w/it after gettin a ride home in it not even knowing the car I got dropped off in. I loved the 91 coupe w/HUD and all the features and saw it had decent mileage, 109500 for 3350 a little over 2 yrs ago and all the features I could put on the car. I took it home and have loved it since.
I am doing a 5 speed swap with in the next week and love my TEIN HEs and the Carbon Fiber hood and Silvia front end with dual projectors make my car look like HOTTNESS!! HEARD ABOUT ALL THE REVIEWS And just don't want to ever to lose it. My car is HOTTER THAN HOT AND I LOVE MY BABY!!! Can't wait to take it to the track and just have a even better time then on the street. Just wish tires were cheap or even free.
-Garrett aka TURBO

240niz
10-11-2004, 04:01 PM
My brother had one first....then had to get one of my own

01SaturnL200
12-19-2004, 10:59 PM
i got mine cause i wanted something i owned, and was tired of payin car notes. i was originally gonna try to find a civic HB but i started lookin around, doin some research and found the 240 was a good car w/ lots of potential. so i got my first one for $60 w/ no engine. i tinkered w/ it forever and learned they were easy to work on, so i got another one for $600 and fixed the front end. and i own it :) im very happy w/ it its great for stock right now :)

dizastaman
12-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Cause nobody around here had a 240 or even knew what the hell a sr20 was when i got mine. and this was a year and a half ago! i was one of the few people in town that had more than short ram intake and a can. now every other kid in town asks me if i am a "drifter". the real reason i got is its a fun to drive, quick, RWD car.

tractorcrusher
12-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Friend of mine introduced me to S13 Coupe's about 5 years ago. Been in love with them since.

TwoFourO
01-31-2005, 01:36 AM
they conned me. I was under the impression that noboby knew about these cars and that they wouldn't be incorporated into the moronic ricer club

S14Crossovr
01-31-2005, 02:58 AM
I had a 91 as my first car before i knew about the potential they had. it wasnt until I met my boyfriend did I know what my car was capable of. I was a day away from throwing an SR into but the parentals disagree with my ideas. So i sold the car to a friend and bought a 96!

nismo2491
02-11-2005, 05:39 PM
about 3 years ago after I got hit in my dsm (t-boned by drunk driver) I was looking for a car to replace it, knew the 240sx had a good rep for handling and stuff and it was one of the cars on my list. just happened to be the one I found first that was in good condition, mileage, in my price range (list also included 1g dsm's, fc3s, sw20 mr2, 87-93 mustang gt)
KEvin

Big Daddy
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
well i got mine cause it was a deal i couldn't pass up. plus i was without a car and i've always loved japanese cars. my dad has worked his entire life for toyota, and i've had uncles work for nissan. so you could say it's in my blood.

DaPCWiz
05-19-2005, 08:14 PM
before I got my liscence, at 15/16... I was a little rice boy honda fan, i'll admit. I totally wanted a civic, crx, del sol, or prelude with preference bouncing between all of them. I got my liscence, and finding myself with no cash to buy a car, nor my parents wanting to buy me a car, i was pretty much "stuck" driving my mom's P10 Infiniti G20. Wandering around the internet I eventually found G20.net and quickly became part of the "G20 Fam" and fell in love with the car and the SR20 motor it had. Four years later, when I turned 20, being somewhat old and wiser with a newfound love for nissans I decided it was time for me to buy my own car (had the cash saved up too). I narrowed my choices down to a manual G20, SE-R, or 240sx. First I test drove a manual G20. Helluva fun, more enjoyable than my auto G20 - the car I was already in love with (but I really wanted manual). Then I test drove an 89 S13. Instantly I fell head over heals for RWD. My first thoughts were... damn this is why people like RWD. The handling, the way the car moved, everything about the car was amazing. Ready to buy the car, i went to my parents for their approval, and was denied (as an only child, my parents are very protective) since the car didn't have airbags. After a great deal of debate with my father, we came to an agreement that I would get an S14 and they would chip in a few bucks towards it. Another month or two of searching and I found my car. It's been almost a year since then now... and I couldn't be happier :)

m072514
09-05-2005, 11:50 AM
my cousins and i have for the most part always been hardcore nissan fans. then 2 of them got s13's, a fastback and a coupe. the coupe got the SR20DET swap, and the fastback got its suspension and body upgraded. then my other cousin got a hicas s13 fb with a few tasteful bolt-ons. i was gonna get a scion tc for looks and quality, but they are FWD and there are about a bagillion of them now. then i was looking at a 300zx z32 (TT), but it was impractical for me to get one. after about 2 months of searching, i found a near-mint S14 kouki specimen in san diego, and i just had to pick it up. -jack

lucky7
09-06-2005, 05:12 PM
i really wanted an FD. ive always wanted a car that can take vettes whenever necessary. looked at a 95 M3, infact i almost bought it. insurance wasnt what i wanted to pay though. not to mention mods are extrememly expensive for the minimal power gains they offer. ive known about the S for a few years now. cheap ass insurance is a major player having 2 cars to insure. first car was an E30 325, a car which i would still consider buying one of these days and ofcourse, dropping an S52 into it. haha. anyhow, the S14 kind of fell into my lap. after being scared away from an FD.. i bought the 97 SE. i have never driven the car, but when i get it running i should be a turbo upgrade and tune away from playing with vipers. once my need for speed is fulfilled, then its on to handling. long story, im sorry. i am the ultimate bandwagon jumper. i have a civic AND a 240sx. wow i suck.

evrae205b
09-06-2005, 11:38 PM
i got one cause I couldn't afford the gas,ins or car payment involved in another v8. Then I realized going through corners fast is fun.

MadScientist
09-07-2005, 09:28 AM
My Friends dad worked at a Nissan Dealership... I seen the 97 Kouki sitting out on the lot. The 300ZX was no longer on the market and the 240SX seemed like a little bit of a lesser version. 2 years later (1999) I got one.
I still have the 240 and love the hell out of it.

Peace
Drew

91CRXsiR
09-18-2005, 04:01 PM
wheres the saw it on initital d option?

elphkotm
09-23-2005, 05:05 AM
My friend had been into 240SXs for a while. He was always talking about them and I was always listening. I drove his stock S13 and was going to buy an S14 to replace my boring daily driver, but I got distracted by a sexy fun car (S2000). I had too much fun. After the S2000 broke a million times, I started to get interested in going towards a split daily driver / fun car route. I wanted something that I could really make my own, so it would have to be cheap and parts would have to be available and cheap. Really the only decent cheap RWD import platform is the 240SX. It's a killer combination with the suspension setup and the availability of cheap power (SR20). After my S2000 is back out of the shop and sells, I'll be able to set it up the way I want it.

s134
09-26-2005, 09:27 AM
when i worked @ a chevy dealership.. i found a 91 coupe (mint) with a 95 s14 ka24de with 47k, act clutch agx/whiteline suspensiopn and mexi cat-back and 91 compointnets (cams/ ecu/ maf)for 1900... so i just bought it for the good deal.. now i'm on my 4th 240sx and 3rd coupe

OJmobileII
11-10-2005, 01:53 PM
I first found out about them, when I was 14 years old. My buddy had a friend with one, he had a exhaust on it. It was lowerd and the rear tires were bald from him doing burn outs a power slides. I was young and know alot about cars even then.I started looking around and my dad told me they handled really well. I looked up some old Car N Driver mags he had. flash back to when I was turn 16, My dad had a TSI and I really didnt like it for some reason. I was young and wanted a Transam, I got one after I turn 17 years old. It was used and a girl owned it, got it for a great price it was a 95 with a Lt1. Anyways I ended up getting rid of it and then getting a TSI wich should have been my first car from the start. I dumped everything into it put a 16g, HKS cams, Mods list goes on and on.

At the time i was building my TSI a buddy of mine who screen name im on, Bought a 240 and was doing a swap. After he did the swap the car was just awsome and fun etc, I still have my TSI and he has since then sold his swapped 240. He bought a KA 91 coupe thats MINT! and Hes giving me a turbo, and a whole list of other stuff and were doing a trade. Im going to love 240s and the fact its RWD and I miss having that since my Transam was etc and it will be much more reiable.

TURBO KA-Ts Is were its at now and Im going to be doing alot with this car.

SoloZ32
11-18-2005, 03:33 AM
i own both. Z = Super Car. 240SX nice car to have fun with.