PDA

View Full Version : HELP no pressure in clutch

tiki240
07-22-2003, 03:59 PM
no pressure in clutch. bled it for about an hour and no difference. the clutch pedal will stay down if depressed. WTF help please:cry: also can the tranny be pulled without pulling the motor? and i have just swapped it to the sr so why the hell am i haveing all these damn problems?!?!?

Tubed4evr
07-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Ok I know this sounds stupid but double check that the correct reservoir is filled. The brake cylinder is the large obvious container and the clutch reservoir is small and is located on the firewall near the driver side door. Assuming the clutch reservoir is full, your next area of concern will be the slave cylinder and hydraulic lines. The slave cylinder is held onto the passenger side of the transmission by 2 bolts. Seals go bad in this puppy all the time and can cause a spongy pedal feel or in extreme cases a complete loss of pressure. You can buy a new seal kit from any parts store or you can get a new one for like $25. Definately sounds like some sort of hydraulic problem to me. Good luck man.

Ryan

1121S13
08-03-2003, 03:10 AM
can a bad slave cylinder also cause a Heavy pedal feel?

PAnut240
08-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Yes, In some cases it will when the seals are bad. They bind up and start sticking causing the heavy pedal sensation. But that could also be caused by you clutch master cylinder seals being bad. I'ed try the Slave first. Its easier to access and change out. Good luck
Jim