PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det gt3071R 0.64ar

Doumf12
04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone i got an silvia s14a with an sr20det blacktop and this year i wan to do a tuneup:D
i already got on the car:
3 inch downpipe
z32 maf
blow off blitz (doesnt know moreXD)

SO my plan a gt3071R 0.64ar and some tomei 256 degree And a nice set of gasket:D

MY QuestionXD:
External wastegated which size?
HEaders?
Injector??
Is there really a difference in the kind of blow-off like sequesial?
Which ventilate drilled brake u recommend me i wan hudge caliperXD in 5 bolt ?(already got 300zx brake)

FOr the final thats a picture of my car:P WHen i will begin the tuneup i will make a post to show allXD
http://i40.tinypic.com/345hmo7.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
04-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Hello everyone i got an silvia s14a with an sr20det blacktop and this year i wan to do a tuneup:D
i already got on the car:
3 inch downpipe
z32 maf
blow off blitz (doesnt know moreXD)

SO my plan a gt3071R 0.64ar and some tomei 256 degree And a nice set of gasket:D

MY QuestionXD:
External wastegated which size?
HEaders?
Injector??
Is there really a difference in the kind of blow-off like sequesial?
Which ventilate drilled brake u recommend me i wan hudge caliperXD in 5 bolt ?(already got 300zx brake)

FOr the final thats a picture of my car:P WHen i will begin the tuneup i will make a post to show allXD
http://i40.tinypic.com/345hmo7.jpg

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT get a T2 flanged/bottom mount GT3071. Save your money and buy a T3 flanged top mount manifold. You wanna be a baller, get a Full Race setup. Full Race twin scrolled T3 manifold, GT3071R, Tial 44mm wastegate and custom DP.

740cc injectors, ATLEAST...SARD 850s are probably cheaper.

Throw away your BOV, get a Greddy Type-R.

Fuck all that bullshit about slotted/drilled rotors, get some blank rotors. Slotted/drilled rotors are for people who bought into all the marketing propaganda about how they are supposed to be better.

Lastly, figure out what you want to do for fuel control...for this setup, you need a standalone...atleast a PFC or AEM.

jr_ss
04-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Lastly, figure out what you want to do for fuel control...for this setup, you need a standalone...atleast a PFC or AEM.

You don't need a standalone to run this setup, but it would allow you to take full advantage of it. There are many people running ROM tunes on said setup.

Silviaoneday
04-05-2010, 04:44 PM
I like the Full Race GT30 top mount kit. If you are going to piece one together, get a GT30 T3 flange bottom or top mount, 740cc+ injectors, 44mm wastegate, HALTECH ECU! or save some money get a power fc. Z32 brakes are sufficent, learn to drive your car first.

florante rea
04-05-2010, 07:56 PM
anyone looking for one, bnib, i got one.

fliprayzin240sx
04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
You don't need a standalone to run this setup, but it would allow you to take full advantage of it. There are many people running ROM tunes on said setup.

I'm not a big fan of rom tunes...most rom tunes are mail out rom tunes that are absolutely fucking crap. Every engine act differently even if they have the same setups (same turbo, injectors, blah blah blah). No tuner can dial in a car without actually touching the car. Some times, good enough just isnt good enough. Ask me how I know...I've had them.

Only rom tune I'd recommend is an actual tune thats done on a dyno with the car on hand. If not, fuck that waste of money, invest on a real engine managment.

Z U L8R
04-05-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm not a big fan of rom tunes...most rom tunes are mail out rom tunes that are absolutely fucking crap. Every engine act differently even if they have the same setups (same turbo, injectors, blah blah blah). No tuner can dial in a car without actually touching the car. Some times, good enough just isnt good enough. Ask me how I know...I've had them.

Only rom tune I'd recommend is an actual tune thats done on a dyno with the car on hand. If not, fuck that waste of money, invest on a real engine managment.

lol tell us how you really feel ;)

i couldn't agree more :D

i hate sard injectors though...deutchwerks ftmfw......if only i could spell the company's name >_<

i say cheap undivided manifold + t3 sound performance quick spool valve + .84 a/r divided exhaust housing = pwnage

YouTube - Sound Performance Quick Spool Valve testing and results!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ZCOTFET6s)

next best thing since sliced bread :D the money you save on NOT getting an expensive ass divided manifold pays for the q.s. valve plus less lag..which was the point...plus you can run a bigger exhaust housing so you flow more up top

which is a WIN, WIN, WIN as far as lag, cost, and performance over getting a full race manifold, and .64 housing.

my .02

Dave

jspaeth
04-05-2010, 09:27 PM
i hate sard injectors though...deutchwerks ftmfw......if only i could spell the company's name >_<

I'm definitely no expert, but I thought that Deatschwerks injectors were drilled out to make them flow more.

If that is the case, I can't see how that can be good from a quality standpoint. It seems that would severly mess up the ability of the injector to atomize the fuel as it was designed to do.

Poor atomization = need to use less fuel to get same energy out

Silviaoneday
04-06-2010, 12:01 AM

+1 for you sir!

S14_Kouki
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Fabthis manifold and DP

Tial 44mm WG

Tial Q BOV

750 or up injectors

AEM or power FC w/ map sensor

jr_ss
04-06-2010, 04:03 PM

Yes, I completely agree and I should've specificied in my post. If you are going to run a ROM tune on a setup like this, it should be done with a local ROM tuner available and on a dyno, not in the mail. But if you have the means, please invest in a good EMS, i.e. Haltech, Power FC, Nistune... I don't like AEM, it just seems like a generic EMS for any car. Not saying it's bad, just think Haltech is a better option.

Sard injectors are one of the best injectors out there. Bigger coil, better atomization, Denso type 2 style injector vs Nismo/Tomei's Denso type 1. Can you explain why you hate them? I'm sorry, but I'd never run DW injectors on my build.

Doumf12
04-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks all for u answers :kiss:but now im curious about quick spool valve:smash:

Full Race twin scrolled T3 manifold, GT3071R, Tial 44mm wastegate and custom dp

OR

cheap undivided manifold + t3 sound performance quick spool valve + .84 a/r divided exhaust housing

FOR the set of gasket which company should i take???

FOr the head (sprint,valve)????What u think about tomei 256?

Why an Tial 44mm wastegate ??? Why this size???

And do u think that stock bottom will support this?

And dont worry i go standalone with power fc:p

Thanks again i really appreciate ur help:wavey:

jspaeth
04-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks all for u answers :kiss:but now im curious about quick spool valve:smash:

Full Race twin scrolled T3 manifold, GT3071R, Tial 44mm wastegate and custom dp

YES

OR

cheap undivided manifold + t3 sound performance quick spool valve + .84 a/r divided exhaust housing

NO

FOR the set of gasket which company should i take???

Head gasjet-Apexi or Cosworth, other gaskets, get metal where you can

FOr the head (sprint,valve)????What u think about tomei 256?

BC makes a nice and affordable spring/retainer combo...usually you can find it for around $200 and they are actually quite good.

With that size turbo, go with HKS 264/264 Step 2

Why an Tial 44mm wastegate ??? Why this size???

You could get away with a 38mm, it doesn't really matter, just get the one that is the same size as the exhaust manifold flange

And do u think that stock bottom will support this?

....hmmmm....this is a whole nother story up for discussion, and depends immensely on who tunes your car and how safely/conservatively they tune it

And dont worry i go standalone with power fc:p

Nice

Thanks again i really appreciate ur help:wavey:

msglngthhhhhh

Z U L8R
04-07-2010, 09:44 PM
1. i don't like sard's because you gotta wire in new plugs and i'm lazy.

2. the last 11 years doing these swaps, and being in this industry, i have seen 1 deatshwerk injector take a dump and cause a misfire, but i've seen 3 motors grenade from sard injectors.

3. i've ran DW injectors in just about every performance car i've owned and have never had a problem from them. i put them in and forget about it.

i would not have that same peace of mind with a different injector.

that's my opinion, and that's my experience.

my .02

Dave

teamsprock
04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm going to have to disagree on the ROM tune, for a setup like this I think a rom tune is perfect. The setup isn't very complex so why spend all that money on a system that will probably give you more headaches than it will help. Not to mention then you have to tune/ find someone you trust to tune it. I have the FR twin scroll 3076 setup with Tomei 270 SLA cams and an Enthalpy Rom tune and made 460hp at 18 psi. Not to mention it starts and runs like a stock car. For the price I can say I am more than happy not to mention Martin does an amazing job and is more than willing to look at all your datalogging or dyno runs and make changes if you even need any. Could I get a few more Hp out in some area's? I'm sure I can but for simplicity and price there is no better choice. I have seen so many people run standalones only to go back to Rom tunes later on because they are so simple and reliable. Money was never the issue for me but I couldn't justify why I should switch when I make more power than I can handle and have stock like drivablity. Also comparing my setup to many others with similar setups and Haltech, AEM EMS, or PFC I almost always have more power and my car has ran with this power for 5 years with no problems.

Don't get me wrong I think standalones are a great product and when used right can be very useful. I'd love one but as of now the only real benefit I see if the added options a standalone has like datalogging and a 2-step. But for most people I think standalones are going overboard, and for most people will cause more problems.

Doumf12
04-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Okay so now guy with this build how much hp do u think it will make?

Spool will look like what??

do u think it worth it to lose spool to get an gt3076?

jspaeth
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Okay so now guy with this build how much hp do u think it will make?

Spool will look like what??

do u think it worth it to lose spool to get an gt3076?

With a T3 a FullRace twinscroll, he won't lose any spool-up versus say a Gt2871R T2 bottom mount.

slider2828
04-08-2010, 05:00 PM
I too ran deatshwerks... for about a year, never had any problems with it.... Running hks'/nismo now....

Hey for the quickspool any 1st hand exp?

jspaeth
04-08-2010, 05:14 PM
I call bullshit on myself.

I looked around and have yet to find a dyno to prove myself correct hahaha

Z U L8R
04-08-2010, 09:39 PM
check the quick spool vid on youtube i posted and you'll see a couple other vids come up when you're done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ZCOTFET6s

google it and read about it on all the forums that come up in your search.

especially supraforums.

keep looking at every opinion you see.

i have and haven't seen anyone say it didn't work or it sucked.

i have seen a couple people who've tried to make their own and their's failed, but not a sound performance one.

the only negative comments i've seen on it have been cheap asses bitch about the price.

logically there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work and do what it claims to do. i'm definitely getting one. if you want i'll be the guinea pig i have no qualms about that. i'd like to see before and after

bottom line is i'm looking for any advantage i can get running a 70mm turbo with a 5 inch intake ^_^

http://himni-racing.com/images/GT45R%20Turbo.JPG
GTX42/94R....

i looked at the "journey to hit 430hp" and smiled....journey to hit 930hp anyone ?!? :D @_@!

:D

Dave

fliprayzin240sx
04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm going to have to disagree on the ROM tune, for a setup like this I think a rom tune is perfect. The setup isn't very complex so why spend all that money on a system that will probably give you more headaches than it will help. Not to mention then you have to tune/ find someone you trust to tune it. I have the FR twin scroll 3076 setup with Tomei 270 SLA cams and an Enthalpy Rom tune and made 460hp at 18 psi. Not to mention it starts and runs like a stock car. For the price I can say I am more than happy not to mention Martin does an amazing job and is more than willing to look at all your datalogging or dyno runs and make changes if you even need any. Could I get a few more Hp out in some area's? I'm sure I can but for simplicity and price there is no better choice. I have seen so many people run standalones only to go back to Rom tunes later on because they are so simple and reliable. Money was never the issue for me but I couldn't justify why I should switch when I make more power than I can handle and have stock like drivablity. Also comparing my setup to many others with similar setups and Haltech, AEM EMS, or PFC I almost always have more power and my car has ran with this power for 5 years with no problems.

Don't get me wrong I think standalones are a great product and when used right can be very useful. I'd love one but as of now the only real benefit I see if the added options a standalone has like datalogging and a 2-step. But for most people I think standalones are going overboard, and for most people will cause more problems.

Sounds like you are one of the very few exception to the rule. I had Entalphy rom tune too and that shit was rich as fuck. Mind you this was 5 yrs ago and it was just a straight up mail in rom with no other tweaking than a SAFC that I run to lean out the fuel map. My off throttle AFR was rich as fuck, low 9s and my WOT was at around 10.5. Trying to get ahold of Scott back then was damn near impossible. You email him, and you cant expect a reply back for a week or so. I cant blame him considering I knew he was working a full time job and rom tuning was a side job.

And like I said, if you can get it on a dyno and tuned that way or even your way where they actually get a datalog feedback from your car after the fact, then they work and is a way cheaper alternate. The problem is finding those rom tuners that would put that much work and support into. I didnt get have it nor did I expect it since the car ran and there was a work around it.

slider2828
04-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I saw that and I totally agree that it should work.... Some people are stupid though and don't think about saying that O you should have a divorced manifold... some comments on like the Honda Forums or something.... But where its the opposite, you have to have an undivided manifold lol.... Anyways, it works no different from your turbo wastegate.... Mechanically and logically it should work and there is also proof, you can hear it in that supra.... Only thing is tuning for that thing would be crazy.... But if you can, that is sick.....

check the quick spool vid on youtube i posted and you'll see a couple other vids come up when you're done.
YouTube - Sound Performance Quick Spool Valve testing and results!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ZCOTFET6s)

google it and read about it on all the forums that come up in your search.

especially supraforums.

keep looking at every opinion you see.

i have and haven't seen anyone say it didn't work or it sucked.

i have seen a couple people who've tried to make their own and their's failed, but not a sound performance one.

the only negative comments i've seen on it have been cheap asses bitch about the price.

logically there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work and do what it claims to do. i'm definitely getting one. if you want i'll be the guinea pig i have no qualms about that. i'd like to see before and after

bottom line is i'm looking for any advantage i can get running a 70mm turbo with a 5 inch intake ^_^

http://himni-racing.com/images/GT45R%20Turbo.JPG
GTX42/94R....

i looked at the "journey to hit 430hp" and smiled....journey to hit 930hp anyone ?!? :D @_@!

:D

Dave

Z U L8R
04-13-2010, 11:49 AM
it's teh hawtness!

basically you can tune it with an aem or other ems that can control auxillaries.

or you can run it mechanically just like a wastegate actuator, it'll open at a certain psi, then you can buy a manual boost controller and bleed off some of the boost signal it gets if you want it to stay shut longer etc etc. a little trial and error but no different than tuning out vtec

you can do a pull with it fully shut,

then do a pull with it fully open

and where the two intersect is where you have it open ^_^

journey to hit 930hp ;)

Dave

teamsprock
04-30-2010, 03:11 PM
In my 5 years of using Enthalpy tunes I have never seen any bad tunes. The only time I have seen bad results always ended up being a problem with the engine/turbo/intercooler setup. The other big problem is using an SAFC to adjust for the fuel totally throws off the timing depending on where you make the adjustments. I have experienced this a few times when trying to add 1-3% fuel just to fine tune a spot and end up losing lots of power. Add fuel with a FPR and set it back and see the numbers jump right back up. It did used to be a lot tougher to get ahold of them until Chris started helping out. Now with Martin there I never have to wait more than a day for a response. I have thought about going AEM or Haltech a lot but just can't justify it when it runs so good.

fliprayzin240sx
05-01-2010, 02:17 AM
In my 5 years of using Enthalpy tunes I have never seen any bad tunes. The only time I have seen bad results always ended up being a problem with the engine/turbo/intercooler setup. The other big problem is using an SAFC to adjust for the fuel totally throws off the timing depending on where you make the adjustments. I have experienced this a few times when trying to add 1-3% fuel just to fine tune a spot and end up losing lots of power. Add fuel with a FPR and set it back and see the numbers jump right back up. It did used to be a lot tougher to get ahold of them until Chris started helping out. Now with Martin there I never have to wait more than a day for a response. I have thought about going AEM or Haltech a lot but just can't justify it when it runs so good.

Well, I was one of the few folks then. I was running 740cc, GT2871R with every bolt-on mod you can think of back then. Tried playing around with the FPR, checked for vacuum leaks, nothing helped. I had a SAFC-II laying around and Scott pretty much told me to run it and lean out the map a bit. Borrowed a buddy's wideband and trimmed fuel off it. Helped a lot, specially with the damn gas mileage. I was lucky to see 180 miles on a tank before I leaned it out.

I now got a PFC with a GT3582R, 850cc and the works...I like having control and seeing what my car is doing with the commander. Where I'm at, we have no dyno so all tunes on Okinawa are usually street pull tunes only at WOT. I learned to play around with the PFCand lean out my light/partial throttle to get better gas mileage.