PDA

View Full Version : sr20det idle problem

Ramonesfreak2010
03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Last Saturday I was driving home and when I got a red light, I realized my rpm was at 1600. :wtf: Its usually at 900rpm during idle. So I shut off the car and tried to turn it back on. It wouldn't crank. After the third time of trying, it started up again and my idle was back at 900rpm. A couple hours later, it happened again and one last time at night. Since then, it does it constantly. Yesterday, I cleaned my throttle body and used fuel injector cleaner too see if it helped. It did for a couple hours but then came back.

All day today, its been idling at 1600rpm throughout most of the day. When I shut off the car, it doesn't start so I have to push start it. But, when the idle is at 900rpm, it starts normally. It does smell like gas in my car and when I accelerate, the engine jerks a little. Also, there is a lot of backfire.

Any help would be appreciated.

buentellomma
03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
wow you got a mess to deal with...... if you smell fuel, then you have a leak somewhere, jack it up and get under it and have someone turn it on and start looking for leaks. i would start there and keep posting what you find

nismo619
03-30-2010, 09:16 PM
sounds like a bad tps, but i could be wrong..

n240sxfnatic
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
wow you got a mess to deal with...... if you smell fuel, then you have a leak somewhere, jack it up and get under it and have someone turn it on and start looking for leaks. i would start there and keep posting what you find

This is just probably not even close. Just because you smell fuel doesnt mean its leaking. The car sounds like its flooding, could be the tps, could be something else. Check for codes and let us know.

aNskY
03-31-2010, 04:13 AM
vacuum leak. hose is probably cracked and it will only get worse. just go ahead and replace all of them.

Ramonesfreak2010
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
It was vacuum and boost leaks. Fixed now. Thanks everyone.