PDA

View Full Version : sr wiring

Options13
03-18-2010, 02:17 AM
im on the last parts of my wiring on my sr harness, i've been following the guide on frmotorsport. anyways im curious if anyone knows which wire gets power when the ignition is on (12V+), i need to wire the brown wire from the sr harness to one of these wires on the ka plugs, here are the wires i have left over.

brown plug
-yellow/green strip
-brown
-brown
-pink

gray plug
-black
-red/blue strip

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/timberlando/DSC05830.jpg

Mikeyboy
03-18-2010, 02:29 AM
**Update 11-19-06: The O2 sensor power can be connected to any +12V switched source. This wire can be connected to the black / red stripe (Main ignition power) or any other wire that provides +12V when the key is in the "ON" position. Connecting the sensor power wire to main ignition power means there will be many wires connected in the same location with a lot of current. I would recommend soldering these wires together and heat-shrinking them.

If i had to guess i'd say this is your best bet.

Z U L8R
03-18-2010, 05:46 AM
the brown on the outer end of the maroon plug is 12 volts for your sensors like o2 sensor

the black/red is the 12 volt ignition power that you need and that blue/red on your sr harness needs to also go to this.

the blue/red is the ignition 12volt power for your coil packs. on silvia's there's a relay for the ignition coil, but on a usdm s13 chassis there's no relay for that. our cars only have a fuel pump relay and an ecu relay. therefore you'll just need to tap that thick blue/red wire onto the thick black/red wire that's ignition 12 volts so your coil packs will have the power they need.

best of luck,

Dave

Options13
03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
ok so in other words i can just wire the brown wire on my sr harness to one of the brown wires on the maroon ka plug?

and yeah i already twisted the black/red and blue red on the sr harness together and soldered it to the black/red wire on the ka plug, done with that right?

im assuming these left over wires on the ka plug is normal?

Z U L8R
03-19-2010, 06:26 AM
ok so in other words i can just wire the brown wire on my sr harness to one of the brown wires on the maroon ka plug?

wire it to the brown wire on the end of the maroon plug, the outer-most one.

and yeah i already twisted the black/red and blue red on the sr harness together and soldered it to the black/red wire on the ka plug, done with that right?

im assuming these left over wires on the ka plug is normal?

pretty much, but just for verification and peace of mind, what colors do you have left over?

Dave

Options13
03-19-2010, 11:43 AM
colors left over on the sr harness?

i have the brown one left over and the green/yelllow stripe

Z U L8R
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
green with yellow stripe or yellow with green stripe?

green with yellow stripe is the ground your ecu provides to the ac relay so the relay will click over and give the compressor clutch the power it needs to kick on the ac compressor.

yellow with green stripe is diarrhea.

if you don't care about ac then neither one being hooked up will hinder your car from starting/driving

Dave