PDA

View Full Version : Thunderhill Raceway?

SR20Fastback
02-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Just wondering whos been to Thunderhill? Theres an HPDE in February that I cant afford, but may ask for as a bday present. Im just curious to know if the track really is worth driving about 800 miles each way for a weekend of track time there. If not I will hold off for something a little closer say at Pacific Raceways or PIR.

Danio
02-13-2003, 02:13 AM
I wouldn't drive 800 miles for Thunderhill. I feel that there are too many turns where you can't see what's up ahead.

tnord
02-13-2003, 12:10 PM
yeah but if it's the track i'm thinking of then there is nothing but sand on the runoff areas of all corners. there really isn't anything to run into. so if you stood in the middle of the track and spun around in a circle, you could see every bit of it, and every car on it.

elevation changes are cool.

Danio
02-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by tnord
yeah but if it's the track i'm thinking of then there is nothing but sand on the runoff areas of all corners. there really isn't anything to run into. so if you stood in the middle of the track and spun around in a circle, you could see every bit of it, and every car on it.

There's nothing to run into at Thunderhill but it's all grass, not sand. The middle would be the parking area and you can't see the whole track from there, unfortunately. :\ Maybe you were thinking of Buttonwillow.