PDA

View Full Version : Color Coded Fuel Injectors?

TheGreatNate
09-02-2008, 05:17 PM
A couple days ago I started my car and it was idling extremely roughly, like a cylinder wasn't firing or something like that. So I figured I probably had a bad spark plug or spark plug wire, bought new plugs and checked the wires, no problems there.

Since neither of these were the problem, I decided to take it to the mechanic to diagnose the problem. He told me that I have a bad fuel injector. He also told me that the injectors are "color coded" by cylinder.
Which I can see no evidence of by looking under the hood. I searched and didn't see any mention of a color coded injector. Which leads me to my question: I was looking at a local junk yard website, they sell injectors for $7 apiece, but don't have a 240SX in their inventory. So, is it possible to use the injector from another car with a KA24DE? Say a 93-99 Altima? (They do have those in their yard...) Or is this where the "color code" the mechanic mentioned comes from?

I appreciate any help.

Sileighty_85
09-02-2008, 05:44 PM
You mechanic is bullshitting you. they are all the same CC size for each cylinder

there like 90 bucks from autozone
You could get one from a junk yard but risk the same thing happening, So if you want just find another side feed 270cc injector

lok
09-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Yes, altima injectors will work.

TheGreatNate
09-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Ok, thanks. I just found a website (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?D=240sx+fuel+injectors&Ntt=240sx+fuel+injectors&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Main&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=4294966981&Nty=1&V=11363&Vh=240SX) that sells refurbished injectors for $51 for a single injector or $104 for four. I might just get the 4 and replace them all... they have a 7 year/70000 mile warranty, probably be worth it for that.

drftthatshit
09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
i would deffnetly go new but if you can get all 4 for really cheap like that then more power to you man