PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Turned off ~ HELP!

240cracker
08-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Iv had this problem before. Last time it shut off on me i blew a pin on the plug of my Power FC. That isnt the case this time... i checked if the pump itself is getting power, it is. It's a NISMO fuel pump too so its not a stock or cheapy that would normaly go out. I checked all the fuses i could think of that would be even close to related to it. My fuel pressure gauge is showing 0.

Any ideas? shit shut off on me while cruising no high boost or anything.

Thanks
-Steven

1slowS13
08-04-2008, 12:06 PM
nismo or not, shit happens. it might've stopped working.

240cracker
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
it has power though...
and its pretty new

how would i go about testing it besides testing for power? cuz i did that

projectRDM
08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Remove it, hook it up to a 12V battery.

Done and done.

240cracker
08-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Remove it, hook it up to a 12V battery.

Done and done.

i already tested it. hooked it up it worked.

Addicted2Kouki
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
if the fuel pump works then its the ecu, power fc not sending the signal, or your wiring/fuses.

PBucch
08-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Ive got power at the plug, not sure how much, I just have a test light, but the pump is not priming when the key is turned on. I took it out and put it on 12v and it pumped fine.

could it be the relays? all the fuses are good.

defiantmofo
08-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I just had to deal with a similar, if not exact same problem.

Check Relays in fuse box in the engine bay. If their good...

Does your commander turn on when you try to start the car? I tracked mine down to the PowerFC being the problem. (assuming this is s13-s13sr) On your harness there should be an ECCS wire (black/red wire iirc). I think it's pin 5 or so(check your diagram). Strip away a piece of the sheilding so that just the bare wire is exposed. Take a 3' piece of wire, twist it around the ECCS wire, and ground it to your chassis. Does your fuel pump turn on? Commander? If so, your PowerFC isn't doing what it's supposed to do. You can wire in a gound switch from the ECCS, and turn it on before you start your car. Or buy a new PowerFC.

drftthatshit
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
check the relays then get your self a dmm digital multi meter to see the exact volts going to your fuel pump

240cracker
08-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I just had to deal with a similar, if not exact same problem.

Check Relays in fuse box in the engine bay. If their good...

Does your commander turn on when you try to start the car? I tracked mine down to the PowerFC being the problem. (assuming this is s13-s13sr) On your harness there should be an ECCS wire (black/red wire iirc). I think it's pin 5 or so(check your diagram). Strip away a piece of the sheilding so that just the bare wire is exposed. Take a 3' piece of wire, twist it around the ECCS wire, and ground it to your chassis. Does your fuel pump turn on? Commander? If so, your PowerFC isn't doing what it's supposed to do. You can wire in a gound switch from the ECCS, and turn it on before you start your car. Or buy a new PowerFC.

its a s14 kouki sr
i think its the same wiring though just the plug itself is different.

i didnt check the relay and a lot of you guys are saying to do that. ill try that first. i hope its not the power fc... eeek