PDA

View Full Version : how to test a o2 sensor and other sensors? im running rich

sliksta1
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
i have a retop sr fully rebuilt. 2871r .64 turbo, 740cc injectors, z32 MAF, and a enthalpy tune.
i am running super rich and i need to test my o2 sensor and other sensors with a multi meter. but i am unsure how to test with it..
can you guys give me tips on how to diagnose and test my sensors to figure out my problem?
my plugs are so black and full of carbon. all of them! and my car is not boosting properly just sputtering and bucking like crazy after 3000 rpm's. i need to figure this out soon.

rps13drift
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Boost leak guaranteed!!! Pressurise your intercooler system and check for leaks! Or it could also be a bad coolant temp sensor!
good luck
-mike-

Addicted2Kouki
07-08-2008, 01:58 PM
If not boost leak, check your injectors.

sliksta1
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Boost leak guaranteed!!! Pressurise your intercooler system and check for leaks! Or it could also be a bad coolant temp sensor!
good luck
-mike-

whats the easiest way to pressurize IC and piping it to check for leaks? i was thinking of using a air compressor and somehow connecting it to my IC piping. but not sure if that will work right. i'd have to block a few other things as well inorder for the air to stay in the piping right??? any suggestions are welcome, thanks for the input.

sliksta1
07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
If not boost leak, check your injectors.
yeah i'll be checking that, but i didnt think all my injectors could be bad and cause all my plugs to foul out. i mean since thay are all look the same. is that possible for all my injectors to to be bad? or it could be something else causing the injectors to somehow flow too much gas?
my fuel pressure is set at stock. and i am using a nismo adjustable FPR. set pressure with a fuel pressure gauge aswell.
thanks for your input.

i'll be looking for that boost leak later on today for sure.

hunter8411
07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I am having a similair issue as yourself. I tested my IC for boost leaks by going to Home Depot and getting a 3in and 2in plastic pipe caps. Then getting a air valve for a tire(to fill up your tire with), and some rubber o-rings. Cost like $10 total.

Then just drilled out the plastic caps and fitted the valve in the cap. You can then just clamp the pipe end into your silicone couplers like you would the maf or w/e else. I used an aircompressor to check for the leaks.

However that didnt fix my personal issue, I think my problem is the CTS because my car will not start when warmed up unless I crank on it for a few seconds at full throttle.

sliksta1
07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
thanks for the idea! gl

fcdrifter20
07-11-2008, 12:15 AM
check and make sure none of the o-rings on the injectorts r pinched, casuing them to leak, which can lead to biggr ptroblems if not corrected.

booooom!!!!!:angel: