PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Bearing size issue

KenSR20
07-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I am in the middle of rebuilding my sr20 for my 240sx. I have ran into a problem. For my main bearings the clearance is .0015" out of spec.

From what I was told that is in between of going to a bigger bearing or staying with stock size bearing. The main journal diameter is 2.163in (It was scratched and was worked on to smooth out)

From what i am told the bigger bearing would be really snug and stock would let more oil in than usual. Any tips from anyone with experience building high hp sr20s let me know! It will have over 400hp when done, so I really don't want to have to go back in the motor from making a mistake at this point. Please help! Thanks!

KenSR20
12-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Just for anyone with same issue.. you can order bearings by spec from nissan lol

Grimsta
12-02-2008, 11:14 AM
So I take it you figured this out. Which bearings where you talking about? Rod or main?

KenSR20
12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
main bearings.. yeah i just got them from nissan.. no aftermarket bearings though it was in between sizes and i didnt want to do anything to the crank to make it work..

Grimsta
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Well why was it out of spec? Did you have the crank mains cut or the block mains?

atutt
12-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Just for anyone with same issue.. you can order bearings by spec from nissan lol

I don't mean to jack the thread.
But does go for other bearings... IE. con-rod bearings and what not?

KenSR20
12-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Well why was it out of spec? Did you have the crank mains cut or the block mains?

Guess the block mains were cut the crank wasn't touched. I got ripped off by a mechanic a while back that tore my motor down and went out of business. So, there is no telling what all happened. The main was scratched so probably had to be cut to make the surface smooth again.. Machine shop didn't say he did anything to it though. So, I was not sure =/

I don't mean to jack the thread.
But does go for other bearings... IE. con-rod bearings and what not?
I guess you could not sure call nissan..

jakerps13
12-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I went with .003" on the mains and .0025" on the rods. I don't daily it either.

loveskylines
12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
POWER ENTERPRISE USA (http://powerenterpriseusa.net/products/engine/metal/metal_n.html)

they have separate sizes for issues like yours...bit pricey but quality is well worth it