PDA

View Full Version : euro sr20de pistons

jskateborders
02-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Ok, If you dont know the answer, and have no positive input, dont thread crap.
My question is, since euro sr20de's got flat top pistons, Im thinking about putting those in my sr. That would prolly put the compression at 10 to 1. I know blown motor blah blah. But I would stay at 7lbs. Anyways, In higher rpms, would I run into issues with Valve clearance?

UNISA JECS
02-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Why the hell you want 10:1 in a turbocharged SR20DET that reminds me when I was into the FWD platform's and the people that bought teh SR20VE and turbo'd them, waste if money and time IMO.

But to answer your question no you shouldn't have any problems with clearance and a 7500rpm redline with 10:1, any higher than that you'll have valve float and I dunno but its a possibe the piston could slap a valve home since yoru DET is running a hydraulic valve train.

jspecusa
02-20-2008, 01:13 PM
for the time and money spend putting them in.
you might as well get forged pistons with NEW piston rings.
think efficiency not think cheap.
cheers,

sam

jskateborders
02-20-2008, 01:48 PM
I dunno but its a possibe the piston could slap a valve home since yoru DET is running a hydraulic valve train.
That was my question. Weather at that rate of motion the valves would be clear of the piston, because yes I understand that as a possibility.

for the time and money spend putting them in.
you might as well get forged pistons with NEW piston rings.
think efficiency not think cheap.
cheers,

sam
I have the motor apart. I have perfectly good stock pistons. I was just going to re ring them, but I though I might like to raise my compression as opposed to raising the boost. It would give me a better powerband all the way through. As far as Time and money? Im doing all the work myself. I have all the stuff. I could put the motor back together right now as an bone stock rebuilt sr, but I saw these for 38 a peice new. I know issues with High compression and boost. This is not new to me. I will need a tune and high octane fuel. That plus low boost will eliminate issues other that the possibility of a piston smacking a valve, which I am VERY familiar with. Since I have never tried it, and dont intend to try it unless I hear from someone that with the correct timing it will work, I am asking here.
Personaly, If it would work, IMO high compression and low boost > low compression and High boost as far as my power goals are concerned.

btw, thx for the input guys, everything helps