PDA

View Full Version : Output Shaft C-Clip

punxva
02-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Ok so I've searched all day for this...

When i swapped my ring gears on my diff awhile ago i noticed my drivers side output shaft didn't have a c-clip on it, and that made is not stay into the diff, well my friend said it'll be fine since the axle will hold it in place so we installed it, now after about 2 months, I've noticed my diff doesn't really lock that well, on uneven surfaces like going out of parking lots the wheels feel like they aren't both catching, and I've noticed some gear oil in the driveway after driving...

Where can i get this clip and do you think thats what is causing all of these problems, well at least the leaking part which is causing the rest of them...

KA-T_240
02-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Look and see if you can visually find a leak. Could be the rear cover is not all the way tight. As for the C-Clip, you can probably pick up an open diff from a local for like $20

UNISA JECS
02-18-2008, 09:54 AM
It actually called a snap ring look here under "round wire snap ring" you going to have to do some measuring.

http://www.arconring.com/wire.htm

http://www.arconring.com/pdfs/1000.pdf
or

Get it from Nissan, they call it a "CirClip"

Part number: 38225-35F00

gmarzan
02-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I dunno if that's the main cause of your problem. But, I think the c-clip (circlip) that you're looking has a part number 39600F. You can double check by checking Courtesyparts.com and use their online visual (or whatever u call it) guide. Hope this helps

UNISA JECS
02-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I dunno if that's the main cause of your problem. But, I think the c-clip (circlip) that you're looking has a part number 39600F. You can double check by checking Courtesyparts.com and use their online visual (or whatever u call it) guide. Hope this helps

39600F is only the part code which identifies what your a looking at when looking at the Nissan Fast part screen but the part number is what I posted just above.

Sir
02-18-2008, 10:15 AM
there are seals on each side of diff.

projectRDM
02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
You need the clip, period. Under load the output shaft can easily slide for/aft, loosing fluid from the seal and slipping off the differential's splines, causing it to bind. The axle doesn't have enough tension to hold it in place, even if it was solid (it's not, the CV joints have a good deal of give in them).