PDA

View Full Version : SR HELP PLZ!!! running really rough

nxpoweredsr20
02-15-2008, 01:08 PM
i just got my sr20 tuned by enthlpy w/ 550 injectors z32 maf ,etc. It is really smokey and idles kind of rough......when accellerating its rough until the trubo spools up then it is better.......could it be vacuum lines or what? any help is good......thanks alot:aw:

Z U L8R
02-15-2008, 08:31 PM
could be a vacuum leak....

did you wire in the z32 maf correctly, post up how u wired it in (there are lots of incorrect z32 maf pinouts on the internet)

do you have an safc2? if you do, change back your safc2 from 2 in 6 out to 6 in 6 out since your ecu is now tuned for the maf.

gl,
Dave =]

nxpoweredsr20
02-16-2008, 07:30 AM
no i dont have the safc or anything.....i used the heavy throttle diagram....im going to check for vacuum leaks and mess with the maf and check the wiring and such today and see what that does....i will post later and let you know........thanks alot......
ps....thats a nice ass car.....how did you get that thing to hook w/o street tires haha

nxpoweredsr20
02-16-2008, 09:54 AM
ok i moved the maf about 8 in away from the turbo and started it up and it is running alot better and it seems to just slowly get a little bit worse......i sprayed all the lines for boost and vacuum leaks and the motor never acted up.....when the car starts its fine and the exhaust gets slowly smoky and i cant figure out why?....im going to try new plugs and mess with the timing a little bit......

Steeles
02-16-2008, 10:05 AM
iirc enthalpy does NOT ship the ECUs with the daughterboard in place. you have to install it when you get it back. if you did not then the ecu is still running stock program and with your upgrades it's going to run like shit. double check with enthalpy and I'm willing to be that is your problem. install the daughterboard.

Z U L8R
02-16-2008, 10:15 AM
just checked heavy throttle, it has been fixed. instead of grounding 3 to the chassis, connect 3 to the ecu ground on 4 together, and see if it clears up.

Dave

nxpoweredsr20
02-16-2008, 10:48 AM
i just looked at my ecu and everything internally looks good.....i talked to jeff at heavy throttle and i think my smoking problem is because i have too much oil going to the turbol......im using a oil turbo only......i need to get my intake line to the turbo hard piped so there is less oil going to it ....i will check the maf wiring .......thanks for all the info.....

Steeles
02-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Looks good but did you call enthalpy and make sure there was nothing YOU needed to hook up once the ECU was returned to you. as I said last time I checked they were shipped back WITHOUT the daughterboard hooked up. so if YOU didn't hook it up then your ECU is still running the stock program.

nxpoweredsr20
02-17-2008, 12:54 PM
ya on monday i will talk to jeff at heavy throttle bc enthlpy only has a email for contact info but im sure he will be able to talk to them.....im almost postivie my main problem is too much oil going to the turbo...i just have a hose that is tapped into the block and i need a much smaller stainless line.....thanks for the help

((sr)) kelly
02-17-2008, 01:17 PM
i just looked at my ecu and everything internally looks good.....i talked to jeff at heavy throttle and i think my smoking problem is because i have too much oil going to the turbol......im using a oil turbo only......i need to get my intake line to the turbo hard piped so there is less oil going to it ....i will check the maf wiring .......thanks for all the info.....

too much oil going to your turbo?????

that makes no sense to me... how is the oil getting into your air tract if your turbo isnt blown.... or is your turbo blown?

take off your hot pipe and see if there is any oil in your I/C plumbing..

and here is a good way to see if its your maf... unplugg it.. and see if it idles alot better... and ive wired the Z32 mafs up before.. if it isnt wired properly, it wont go past 2500 rpms or around there

Steeles
02-17-2008, 03:23 PM
what turbo are you running? do you have the correct size resistor in the oil line?

nxpoweredsr20
02-17-2008, 03:51 PM
im running a garret wet float....not bb.......that is my problem we just used a hose for the oil inlet instead of a small stainless line but i think atp turbo has everything i need....banjo adapter, -4 line and a -4 oil flange for the inlet....do i still need a restrictor on it?

((sr)) kelly
02-17-2008, 08:17 PM
check your IC piping like i suggested

nxpoweredsr20
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
ya i sprayed all the connections with starting fluid to see if it would act up and i didnt....thanks for all the suggestions guys!!