PDA

View Full Version : Greddy E-Manage Ultimate Any Good?

TSLegendary
10-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Has anyone tried this piggyback and is it worth it?I currently have it installed on the 240 and i have to get it tuned is it worth sticking around with of should i just wait and get a different management system?

supers0nic
11-07-2007, 09:24 AM
the EMU is a great unit which is cost effective and is basically a stand because almost everything can be adjusted within it. You can also convert from maf to map with it!

slider2828
11-07-2007, 12:12 PM
What super sonic said is the same with the emanage blue. But basically you can tune individual injectors, much more injector control with injector lag time, you can manage a boost controller, plugins for wideband to auto tune, and much much more.... But doesn't matter if people dun know how to tune it, SO with that said, see who and what shops tune around your area is probably your best bet.

s13silvia123
11-07-2007, 12:17 PM
its ok its alot better than the SAFC. but i rather go standalone

AceInHole
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
It depends on how far you want to go with it.... I don't think it's worth it if you REALLY want to run MAP. Getting past the self-learning/ auto-trim on the stock ECU is more of a PITA than it's worth. By the time you buy the equipment to run MAP, you could've gotten a cheap standalone with more inputs.

It's fine if you keep the MAF, and don't mind screwing around with injector lag settings and such. The datalogger on it is actually useful, and helps a lot while tuning it.

My biggest gripe: No knock feedback (you can read knock, but can't have it do anything about it).
Best feature: Cost.

sr20boostn20
11-07-2007, 12:22 PM
where you at in ny

johngriff
11-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I use the EMU, I would rather use a standalone.

Wiring was a PITA, I fucked my engine up because of it.

DONT, DO NOT, EVER use it to convert from MAF to MAP. Not worth it at all, because its only a map sensor, not a map +IAT combo, to actually measure Volume/Pressure. If you DONT understand why that is important, just keep your AFM, or Upgrade, the EMU has 1000000000 presets listed by NAME not arcane numbers.

Also, to tune by inj ms open time, you have to build the whole injection map from scratch. The additional grounds are awesome, for spare injectors, or device tripping, the software is pretty solid for a J import english version.

If you are tuning ECCS, this should be the LOWEST tuning tool you use, and move up from here, afc etc etc is out of the question.