PDA

View Full Version : ss clutch line + damper delete = slave cylinder fluid noise?

Neejay
09-16-2007, 12:59 AM
I did the damper removal + ss clutch line at the same time, and sometimes when I clutch in, it sounds like a rush of fluid being forced. Its even more audible when doing WOT shifting. Everything is bled properly (using a speedbleeder).

Is this a side effect of the damper removal and/or ss clutch line? This is my first manual s13/car :)

dopeassjackson
09-16-2007, 09:34 AM
i did my damper delete about 2 years ago and no noise like you say but i didnt do a SS line. if your that woried about it replace your clutch MC then slave. there like $20 each at the auto parts store.

Koopa Troopa
09-16-2007, 10:34 AM
WTF is damper delete? A JDM tyte way of saying you removed that gay clutch damper thing?

Neejay
09-16-2007, 10:57 AM
WTF is damper delete? A JDM tyte way of saying you removed that gay clutch damper thing?

I just called it that. Didn't know there was a "JDM tyte" way of saying it, but yes, I "removed the clutch damper" for those that don't understand what I meant.

vutony
09-16-2007, 11:27 AM
no noise from mine

ss line and "removed that gay clutch damper thing"

is it clogged

Neejay
09-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Not that I know of, I dont have a problem engaging/disengaging.

vutony
09-16-2007, 01:19 PM
it sounds like a rush of fluid being forced

thats why I suggested its clogged

aznrib
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
no noise on mine either. Did you try to bleed it again?

Neejay
09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
vutony: that sounds like it could be the case...like a jet stream forcing through a small passage.

Forgot to mention too, I thought I saw slime when I was filling it up. Something might be clogged for real, but just enough so it wont be stopped up. I guess I should shoot out all fluid and take of the SC's reservoir and clean it out.

aznrib, nah, the only reason I haven't is because I haven't had any problems with the clutch...probably wont hurt to try it though.