PDA

View Full Version : Integra LS Greddy Turbo Kit problem

airsoft
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
So I understand this isn't exactly a Honda / Acura forum and i've searched over and over and tried a bajillion things...

So heres the problem:

The car struggles to idle
It seems to warm up fine and such and idle @ normal 750.

When I tap the gas or rev the motor and let go, it falls all the way down to 100rpm and struggles to climb back to normal ???

I get CEL of random misfiring

What I have done:

-No vaccuum leaks
-New fuel filter
-Not the O2 sensors
-Distributor and spark wires are A OK
-Spark plugs look... slightly green? shade of white?(plugs are colder)
-Compression test OK!

I'm stumped :(

-is it the rc injectors?
-Low fuel pressure?
-me?

Any help will do.

Thanks!

!Zar!
08-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Sounds like you need to recirculate your blow off valve.

airsoft
08-30-2007, 10:27 PM
^^
the bov recirculates in to the T w/ the throttle body / actuator etc.

Heres the weird thing.. the Greddy Type RS doesn't seem to "blow off" ever, and its set at softttest.

could it be a bad... bov????????

attracted
08-31-2007, 07:49 AM
check your idle air control valve...it might be dirty

hondas run off map sensors therefor u dnt need to recirculate the blowoff

most hondas wont open the blowoff if u dnt move...u have to drive the car...or do a full throttle on stand still....then again i suggestt u get it tuned b4 anything

codyace
08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Whats it tuned for? Management? Etc etc. This isn't going to work at all with a stock ECU unless you have Hondata/Chrome/Neptune similar helping you out....

ariza03
08-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Whats it tuned for? Management? Etc etc. This isn't going to work at all with a stock ECU unless you have Hondata/Chrome/Neptune similar helping you out....

i was gonna ask the same i have a huge feelin there is no fuel managment

Tearlessj
08-31-2007, 10:16 AM
I installed a greddy kit on my friends D series civic. We ran it off the SAFC. After installing the kit with a set of 440's RC injectors. Its would idle badly at 700-800 rpms. Then all of a sudden die down to 400 and barely kept running. He got Uberdata and then everything was solved.

trsilvias13
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
spark plug wire sequence may be wrong.

airsoft
08-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Its fuel management is running off of the Greddy blue box that came w/ the kit.

I checked the spark wire sequence adn its correct.

airsoft
08-31-2007, 11:05 AM
I took off the IACV and cleaned it. DOesn't seem to be the problem.

brian m
08-31-2007, 11:35 AM
What are the spark plugs gapped to? Maybe try lowering the gap.

airsoft
08-31-2007, 12:16 PM
spark plugs are gapped W .028-.030

is the vacuum sequence all wrong????????/

ronin207
08-31-2007, 01:50 PM
WHAT RC INJECTORS AND COMPUTER are you running? also FMU? sounds to me like your injectors are to big and freakin out the o2 and stock computer, if thats what you are running? OR IS IT A NEW KIT FROM GRD?

airsoft
08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
the RC 310 injectors came w/ the Greddy Kit.

It is running off of the Greddy Blue Box unit. Not emanage.

**Heres something I found out.

One week prior to his install, he had installed the ECU and injectors 1st. The car ran super duper rich for one week.

Could this have fouled up his EGR and stuff? When he began to install the turbo kit a week later his stock injectors were pitch black nasty.

A few ecu codes before the new plugs and kit installation were he says: BARO sensor, EGR, and random misfiring.

After installation of the new spark plugs and turbo kit the BARO sensor and EGR had went off after resetting the cu and it only through the Random misfire and shatty idle.

hayaimoto
08-31-2007, 02:34 PM
This might be a stupid question but are you running a "missing link" for your map sensor?

That can cause the car to trip out as well because the map might be reading wrong or incorrect information.

Good luck

BTW you dont need fuel management to get the car to run and operate normally, Since you are running the greddy blue box this may be a problem because these units tend to go bad from time to time. If you have stock ECU try plugging that in for testing only. If the car idles and revs fine then you'll know its your bluebox mis-functioning.(BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A MISSING LINK) I'm taking that you have an OBD-II system? 96+? Honda's dont really have that much problems when you run boost, just make sure everything is in working order. There's only one main source for vacuum and that comes right off the intake manifold and goes directly to the FPR.

airsoft
08-31-2007, 02:46 PM
No, no missing link.

The map sensor wire was cut and soldered to the blue box harness.

The vacuum lines are tapped where you mentioned above.

I'm stumped!

speedgod^s13
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Why don't you try www.honda-tech.com?

steve shadows
08-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Why don't you try www.honda-tech.com?

Thank FUCKING you.

clean
08-31-2007, 03:09 PM
I put the greddy kit on my 97 ex and used the blue box at first and it did the same thing, so i dumped it for a vortech fmu 10:1 disk, missing link and an safc. worked tit. you shoulda sprnt the money and got a peak boost setup imo. good luck and check on honda-tech in the forced induction section

airsoft
08-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Thank FUCKING you.

You are so kind and helpful.

92FireCoupe
08-31-2007, 05:56 PM
i was gonna ask the same i have a huge feelin there is no fuel managment

based on the stuff i've seen about the greddy kit I thought it came with a plug in module that basically sets the functions at optimum for that kit and the particular engine it's on... Maybe I mis read that :)

BillyTheChamp
08-31-2007, 10:19 PM
yeah.. try hondata/chrome.. if you run a fmu you need to use a missing link on a honda.. hondata/chrome eliminates that.. i belief the stock map sensor can handle up to 10 psi of boost.. what year is the integra? obd 0 1 or 2? are you getting fuel ? can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn off and on?

airsoft
09-01-2007, 12:28 AM
well, the blue box taps into the MAP at the ecu.

It should manage all the fuel.

The integra is 99 and OBD2.

codyace
09-02-2007, 12:29 PM
BTW you dont need fuel management to get the car to run and operate normally, Since you are running the greddy blue box this may be a problem because these units tend to go bad from time to time. If you have stock ECU try plugging that in for testing only.

Um, you need Fuel Managment for turbo. His car ran fine stock, now it has problems. Why convert back to stock?

If the car idles and revs fine then you'll know its your bluebox mis-functioning.

How so? Could be wired in wrong? Could EASILY be tuned wrong (if Emanage) as well. THat's like saying Haltech is broken or wrogn if you wire it in and it doesn't run right...lol

I'm taking that you have an OBD-II system? 96+? Honda's dont really have that much problems when you run boost, just make sure everything is in working order.

Yea, except that they need proper tuning, and are finnicky.

There's only one main source for vacuum and that comes right off the intake manifold and goes directly to the FPR.

Did one forget about Wastegate source? There are plenty more.

the RC 310 injectors came w/ the Greddy Kit.

It is running off of the Greddy Blue Box unit. Not emanage.

Is it wired in correctly? Is it the right 'blue box' for the car?

One week prior to his install, he had installed the ECU and injectors 1st. The car ran super duper rich for one week.

If MAP based, wouldn't the car run the same as it did N/A if not in boost?

Could this have fouled up his EGR and stuff? When he began to install the turbo kit a week later his stock injectors were pitch black nasty.

Doubtful.

After installation of the new spark plugs and turbo kit the BARO sensor and EGR had went off after resetting the cu and it only through the Random misfire and shatty idle.

There are a million Honda forums out there. Have you tried them? There are a milllion Honda kids in the world...ever ask one of them local to you?

yeah.. try hondata/chrome.. if you run a fmu you need to use a missing link on a honda.. hondata/chrome eliminates that.. i belief the stock map sensor can handle up to 10 psi of boost..

As you said, With 310 injectors, he wont' need that link.

supers0nic
11-07-2007, 09:33 AM
check your wiring inputs and outputs also inj wires are wire ch1,2,3,4 unlike ign wires which are wired according to firing order

bongnak
11-08-2007, 12:41 AM
check your timing (at the blet- align tdc visually) might have skipped a tooth when you ran pig rich... dont get a FMU thats asking for it to blow.... just chip it'll cost u 200 and thats including a eprom burner...