PDA

View Full Version : Power Fc, Haltech Or Rom Tune????

driftage240
06-26-2007, 01:29 AM
HI GUYS AND GALS,im having trouble decieding,on what too use to manege my setup...car is DD and week end playboy... ive been told the power fc is almost like a safc2 on steroides.... haltech hack up ur harness but great for tuning, and rom tune(plug and play)...im hoping for 300+hp... well my set up consit of:
black top sr
s15 turbo
taka turbo lines
s15 480cc injectors
nismo fpr
z32 n62 maf
apex intake
tomei mani
tomei elbow
apex down pipe
megan test pipe
Circuit sport 3in cat back
if i matters exedy 3 puck
toda flywheel....:naughtyd:

just wondering cause i keep hearing diffrent shit.. i would like too run the power FC but is it worth it??i dont want too hack up my harness so im leaning away from haltech..yet rom tune is always plug and play fun,but ur limited too the tune... help a brother out...? thanks

fliprayzin240sx
06-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Power FC tuned by a proper shop. And NO SAFCII is NOT equal to a Power FC. If your content on what you have and not planning on doing any more upgrade...ever, then get a rom tune with a safcII piggy-backed to it to tweak it. All ROM tunes will run rich, unless it was rom tuned on a dyno.

steve shadows
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
if your in socal and want to get bang for your buck go haltech.

I can get it for you if youd like to purchase it direct or I can tune it for you after you purchase it.

Haltech is a little more expensive but a lot more for waht you get.

1400 bucks or so you get boost control (that works better than a avcr) wideband, the unit, software, base map designed by me, etc.

its a good deal in the end and i can probably cut even more off the cost if you are willing to be a posterchild for my tuning abilities.

Either way with regards to your decision I would suggest staying away from the AFC, but for your particular application an good ROM tune done by XAT or Scott Avoy might be better if you want to fire and forget and concentrate on improving your drivbing skill until your ready for a real standalone.

driftage240
06-26-2007, 10:28 AM
well i do want too play with it and upgrade possibly the valve train.. settling i wont be...what mods would i have too do to my HArness etc(haltech)...well stevo i would have no problem being ur posterchild lol lol if u want too pm me on a total price.. thanks..

lazierhobo
06-26-2007, 07:31 PM
haltech is amazing. steve and i have had long conversations about the many things you can do with haltech. i just finished installing an E8 on my sr20. its really easy, and i had no problems getting it up and running.

PowerFC isnt just SAFC on steroids. you can actually change things. its just very hard to do it with the commander and by the time you buy the computer cable, you might as well buy the haltech, cause you are in almost as much money.

if you are into techno toys, and like to play around with things, then the haltech is the way to go. if you want to plug it in and be done, then you should probably get a rom tune, everything in your setup is fairly common, so getting a good rom tune shouldnt be too hard.
thats my 2 cents, hope it helped, pm me if you wanna know any more about the haltech

pEcHeP
06-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Seriously, get a haltech, and get it tuned. http://www.haltech.com.au/plug_in_patch_loom.htm