PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Failure!!!

spegt
05-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Ok I need some elec help. I was driving my 98 240 and 3 days later the blinker didnt work....come to think of it it was after I ripped out all the old intake and resonator box. (and the center controls) I thought I had disrupted a ground, but my flashers work....the FSM doesnt show where the grounds are, just ground (M407 or something like that). I thought it was one of the relays, but they are not labeled so I did the simple click test(not very accurate, but 50/50.) I pulled all the ones under the driver dash and clicked them all. I thought that the orange/tan one was the turn signal relay(a bitch to get off) soo I took one form the engine fuse box(i think it is the flasher, they are the same) i swapped them and still no turn signal. So if its not the relay, or the fuse( first thing I checked) then I dont know(i really dont want to r and r the combo switch,..PLEASE HELP ZILVIA!!!!!!

projectRDM
05-21-2006, 04:53 PM
The flasher is a 3prong black relay under the column, looks nothing like anything else in the car and can't be plugged into anything else. Check it, and read the FSM again since you missed that.

wiggerman
05-21-2006, 05:27 PM
did you check the bulb itself and the wiring around where you recently worked? you might have pinched a wire going to it.

gfisch
05-21-2006, 08:09 PM
well, do you hear any clicking when the turn signal / hazard lights are supposed to be on? That should at least tell you if its the relay or the grounds/plugs.

spegt
05-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Like I said the flashers work so it not the bulbs, I must have missed the the black relay ill look for it tomarrow....

S14klares
05-21-2006, 09:42 PM
plug ur hazards back in.. or the turns dont work.. or just figure a way to bypass that signal.. but thats ur problem..