Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #61
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This movie had a weird "mood" to it. I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more in the atmosphere of a theater. I didn't think it was horrible, but I just wasn't as riveted as you guys seem to have been.

Seemed like a very niche movie, some people will get it, some won't, has nothing to do with how much closer we are to collecting social security or what decade we popped out the womb.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #62
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Might be best movie of 2011. Saw it the other day. Really well done, great movie!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #63
ChrisWantsBoost

Trader Rating: (0)
ChrisWantsBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The movie wasn't horrible, but dissapointing to be given the name of "Drive". I expected more driving honestly.

Maybe the movie should of been called "Stare".
ChrisWantsBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #64
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
A Har Har Har.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #65
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWantsBoost View Post
The movie wasn't horrible, but dissapointing to be given the name of "Drive". I expected more driving honestly.

Maybe the movie should of been called "Stare".
True. Good movie overall. Great soundtrack. Not bad, would watch again.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #66
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
a lot of older american indie and european films are very similar stylistically, esp with the acting.
there's nothing strange about that, some of you guys just lack exposure outside of mainstream hollywood films.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #67
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
eric is 8 years older then you, im gonna go ahead and say that if your opinion is so much greater then my own, his has got to be the be all and end all for you.
I also work on movies and TV shows, am I the end all be all? lol
Difference of opinions on movies is what gives us a variety of movies.
So respect each other for that, otherwise it might all be transformers 3 and Real Steel, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Maybe I'm generalizing but I am becoming increasingly frustrated with "Gen Facebook" and their constant need of attention, self-gratification and entertainment. They refuse to actually invest themselves into anything and except everything to be laid out.
More and more films are under 90 minutes while in the past exceeding 120 was not uncommon.
You are talking about the basic problem concerning all of marketing everywhere. Its the new generations lack of attention and dedication brought on by having everything instantly available. google, wiki, voicemail, text, cell, paypal. email, etc....

Im excited to see the artist that arise out of this in several years though. maybe a movement just as vital as hippies/greasers/punks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Generally, If someone gives an opinion on a movie, I then ask them what they thought of Transformers. If they loved any of the transformers movies, I generally void the previous movie critique.
so true, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Honest question - have you seen Bullet, Vanishing Point or Two Lane Blacktop?
What was your opinion on those films? What did you think of Crank or Transformers?
Loved Crank, lol
But at the time, it took that style that was new and creative and pulled it off, were so many had failed with that quick cut shit. The movie understood what it was, so it stayed true and didnt get serious on itself, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Anyone see Cast Away? That is how you determine good acting. The ability to get the point across without saying a thing.
Cast Away is great, but how bout Black Stallion. No dialog for half the movie, pulled off by a kid and a horse. Plus Zooeys dad shot it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
like a lot of the old film noirs, .....
People keep comparing it to that.
But imo it is not Noir at all.
Im a huge Noir fan, and its maily about the Camera and lighting.
This had none of the hard striking shadows and dutch angles.
I think people are confusing the silence with Noir genre.

I think people are back and forth on the silence.
So as a Cinematographer and a working Studio Lighting guy, i will chime in a little deeper,

Usually in a movie when there is a silence, you can have it give meaning.
In this case, it was supposed to be these two people falling for each other.
The problem was that there wasnt a dialog moment where they both realized they both had a like interest, then they locked eyes in silence for a minute before one of them breaks the staring embrace.
It looked more like someone said something that was uncomfortable and then the close ups really drilled in the awkward silence that followed.

When I saw it, I instantly thought the DP/Director, should have covered some of those long silences in a 50/50. (its a shot that shows both characters in frame at the same time facing each other in profile) This kind of shot would have shown there distance and silence, but subconsciously for the viewer it also would have connected them and let you see the imaginary lightning bolt passing back and forth between them.

Just my 2 cents on the covereage of the silence. lol
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #68
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you're reading this, that means that I saw Drive. lol. So, my opinion was it was OOOOOkay. I didn't think it was GREAT at anything it did but I don't think it was all that bad either. 6ish/10. They key to me enjoying this movie was reading all of this before seeing it (I only got to page one as it looked like there was going to be spoilers). The previews make it seem like a FNF/Transporterish movie and it's not that AT ALL!!! If it was presented in the previews, more true to what it is, I think more people would like it. I found it entertaining and would watch it again. I just didn't LOVE it.