Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Boost Junkyz

Alright, I wasn't planning to even buy one of their manifolds. I was planning to run a bottom mount till I had missed a great deal locally on a top mount setup.

After some research I decided to give it a go, and had to figure out who to buy one from. I was planning to get one from Mazworx or Full Race till I came across their thread here.

After a bunch of back and forth with Boost Junkyz I decided to pull the trigger.

Well I'm glad I did because the quality of the manifold and down pipe are AMAZING!

They were pleasant to work with. Great communication, always down to answer my questions, and concerns. I never felt like I was bugging them with my "20 questions". Even when there was a issue with my postal code, and they corrected it rather quickly (VERY early in the AM I might add).

I had requested to have my items shipped via USPS (Since us Canadians get reamed using UPS/DHL), and they were happy to do so. They packaged my rather stuff well, and made the trek from Arizona to Toronto without a hitch.

I would recommend them to anyone who is in the market for a manifold.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
SaVAgES14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
SaVAgES14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Well im glad someone has had luck with these manifolds and this business. I unfortunately hit a speed bump during the installation of the one I had ordered for my KA-T build. The fabrication at first glance looks great, the welds look amazing and the quality overall was impressive until I went to mount it. As you can clearly see that the second runner is coming in contact with the part of the block where the power steering bracket is mounted to, preventing the manifold to mount flush.

its even worse with the bracket installed causing a much bigger gap.

Getting in contact with the owner has been pretty difficult, especially through email. It takes about a week for a reply and when I try calling it just goes straight to voicemail. It was decided to send the manifold back to them to either get fixed or to send a new one and the owner Daniel said he would email the return shipping label to me that day(a week ago).

I still remained patient and he called me back saying he was just going to paypal me the amount it cost to send the manifold back, this was on 8/12. Today I just said forget it and sent it on my own coin because I was tired of waiting this long. He should be receiving the package come monday, which I will make another update as soon as I get in contact with him.
SaVAgES14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:23 AM   #3
SaVAgES14
Zilvia Junkie

Well since last friday I have called Daniel 8 times (excluding Sunday) and emailed 3 times with no response. The manifold was delivered today according to UPS and still have not heard any word about whats going to happen from here on. After the crappy customer service he has demonstrated so far I hope I at least get a new manifold back or a refund otherwise I have been screwed out of over $700. I don't even care about the money I had to spend on return shipping and the cost for the thermo coating. Is just bullshit how he hasn't called me back or sent an email just saying he received the manifold. Tom at Portflow is one the busiest guy's I have worked with so for on this build. In the month he had my cylinder head he was able to update me every other day either through email or text ALONG with pictures... Yet this dude Daniel is just screening my phone calls over HIS defective product. Unbelievable.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
SaVAgES14
Zilvia Junkie

Just got off the phone with Dan, he explained how he was sick and was out of work for awhile. He also explained how him and his crew have had a ton of work. I understand how it could become overwhelming especially with a small crew but if that's the case then you need to hire someone who's main position is to handle emails and phone calls. At least then customers wouldn't think they were just being avoided. Anyways Im glad I got in contact with him finally and informed that they are just going to make me a new manifold. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll get the new manifold.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
That's good to hear that they got back to you. I know they've been busy with the new EVO manifold releases as of late.

Funny you posted this. I had emailed them WEEKS ago, looking for a few more things...

No reply I ended up buying the items elsewhere. Shame too, since I wanted to give them more of my business.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 10-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
SaVAgES14
Zilvia Junkie

Well its already damn near the middle of the month and haven't heard shit from this dude. What a rip off, I would advise everyone to stay away from these people unless you want to get ripped off for over $700. Really hate to do it but I'm going to have to open a paypal dispute. Never had to deal with a situation like this before, this sucks.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:12 AM   #7
SaVAgES14
Zilvia Junkie

Been over 2 years now, thought Id keep this updated just in case they try and advertise some "deal" they have going on for the holidays. I never got a replacement manifold and never got refunded a dime of that money spent for this piece of shit not including the shipping cost I paid sending the fucked up manifold back to them. The representative from paypal said it was over the time limit for them to resolve the refund situation, same with my bank as well, this all happened after a couple weeks after the last post. I was still trying to be optimistic but the joke was on me. No wonder the owner was stringing me along, he must have known the time frame till I there was nothing anybody could do once he was done scamming them. Daniel (the owner) needs to get at me ASAP if he even sees this thread. Please everyone I beg of you to stay away from these people, unless you are an Arizona local, do not waste your hard earned money. Just wanted to save any members of the community from any headaches in case you see any of their BS black friday sales.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Dang, that's a bummer to hear... I guess I got lucky when they we not being lazy while making my previous setup. Thanks for the update my man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 01-21-2017, 11:12 PM   #9
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
can you believe all this time and i still havent run this manifold you sold me, tricky? it's installed on a motor, ready to go, sitting in my garage for the last forever lol.

i learned my lesson about having too many projects
wurley is offline   Reply With Quote