Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #421
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trying to replicate my car, I have access to a 3D printer and will eventually print all my Aero. I've printed my Nismo wheels and have ordered some Falken Azenis drift tires for them. The chassis is an old Tamiya TT-01 I got when I was 14 or so.

I will update as more progress is made.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #422
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wwwoooaah what??? 3d printed wheels??!

dude if you can get aero made....youll have a monopoly going for yourself lol
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #423
-=DRIFT*SQUAD=-
Zilvia Member

-=DRIFT*SQUAD=- is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously! ^^^^ how much to make me sexy style aero for an FC body!?
-=DRIFT*SQUAD=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #424
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Haven't posted in a while.

***what printer/software did you use to print the wheels? Dolph_KYAS13 what software did you use to design them? and what site or place did you print/ship them from?

Made a replica of my truck. =)

picture of my truck for reference.

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 04-22-2014 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: na
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #425
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post
Haven't posted in a while.

***what printer/software did you use to print the wheels? Dolph_KYAS13 what software did you use to design them? and what site or place did you print/ship them from?

I have a fortus 400C FDM printer at work. I am product designer and use solidworks CAD software all day so its not too difficult to quickly model up my rims or wangan wing

Love your actual build by the way. I think ill post a build thread of my r32 once I make more progress. Lots of custom printed/ machined parts
Old 04-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #426
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
wwwoooaah what??? 3d printed wheels??!

dude if you can get aero made....youll have a monopoly going for yourself lol
I see a side job in your future lol

"whats that you say? Rocket bunny kit? 3pc wheels? Coming right up" l
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #427
-=DRIFT*SQUAD=-
Zilvia Member

-=DRIFT*SQUAD=- is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^yes please!! Did I mention fc sexy style aero would be sweet???? Lol
-=DRIFT*SQUAD=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #428
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

^aero is already hard to find in jayland. It took me a few months to get some VSKF wheels here. now they are all sold out.

the only aero they have is for the 240 bodies, and those are not hard to find.

although a plastic aero piece would be heavy, it would still be better.

shit, even a 1/10th scale 3d printed body would be sick!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #429
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #430
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
you sir must feel like this...

Late Night Crew #1
Old 05-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #431
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Hey felipe. I now have 3 yoks, 2 sprint2s, and and exceed.

Thanks for the new expensive car habit.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #432
Felipe
Post Whore!

your welcome.

hows that exceed?
Late Night Crew #1
Old 05-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #433
Felipe
Post Whore!

im barely recovering... and in a few months ill be able to start buying crap again lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 05-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #434
Felipe
Post Whore!

want!!!!!!!!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...hu&age=0&&tt=b
Late Night Crew #1
Old 05-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #435
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
I have a fortus 400C FDM printer at work. I am product designer and use solidworks CAD software all day so its not too difficult to quickly model up my rims or wangan wing

Love your actual build by the way. I think ill post a build thread of my r32 once I make more progress. Lots of custom printed/ machined parts
so did you make the spoiler from scratch in solid works? or do you have access to a 3d scanner tool? I tried to learn solid works, but i just cant get the hang of it. i can however make simple 3d models in AutoCAD. i was thinking of sending some stuff to a 3d print shop or somewhere that can print stuff.

Painted some new wheels for Carlisle Performance and Style Demo...

Old 05-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #436
Felipe
Post Whore!

That first picture by the concrete. Look almost real.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 06-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #437
Gucci mane

Gucci mane is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm looking for rc car complete package deal. If anyone want to
Sell let me know on here. Thanks
Gucci mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #438
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post

apparently that shit is quite simple to make. its just a bbq lighter taken apart, and a y harness and add another servo in the back so when you turn a certain direction, the servo will hit the lighter/pull the trigger.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #439
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

I posted on this thread then I went out for a sesh lol.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #440
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Hey, any sites where i can research drift rc cars? I want to learn about which chassis i would consider getting if i decieded to buy one.

rwd or 4wd etc. I think its fascinating the amount of work some people put into these things, its awesome!
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:02 AM   #441
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
Hey, any sites where i can research drift rc cars? I want to learn about which chassis i would consider getting if i decieded to buy one.

rwd or 4wd etc. I think its fascinating the amount of work some people put into these things, its awesome!
Good luck on rwd

Google it theres tons of info.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 07-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #442
That guy with the red s14
Leaky Injector

That guy with the red s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post

hey its almost impossible to drift rwd always 4wd the sakura d3 cs sport is perfectly balanced and is an amazing beginner car that has a huge upgrade market also black star hobbies and like yea
That guy with the red s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #443
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by That guy with the red s14 View Post
hey its almost impossible to drift rwd always 4wd the sakura d3 cs sport is perfectly balanced and is an amazing beginner car that has a huge upgrade market also black star hobbies and like yea
I bet if you looked into a gyro it would help. but you typically need 70+ degrees of lock on RWD

RWD is for sure harder. BUT.... I have driven one and know a couple guys that said its harder to go back to CS after getting used to RWD.

(MOST) RWD guys use a GYRO to help control the steering input, and most of the gyros almost eliminate the need to steer and rather make you control the car by smooth throttle input/weight transfer (as it felt that way when I drove one, compared to my CS chassis). A friend recently posted a new gyro he bought that let him control the cars steering more manually than the stock gyro that came with the kit.

Its not just a matter of taking an AWD chassis and removing the drivetrain from the front and controlling the car manually. theres HOURS upon HOURS of getting the setup you like into making a RWD chassis driveable. the amount of tire setups (for different surfaces), suspension geometry setups (according to the surface and tire compounds), steering angle adjustment (same as suspension setups). RWD is just as close to 1:1 drifting other than some of the crazy suspension/steering geometry tricks on 1/10.

im sure you can turn a high end CS kit into a RWD chassis. But the RWD chassis are designed for specific weight distribution and geometry. plus the companies that make option parts to expand the chassis' tuning ability widens with RWD specific kits/parts.

I definetly am not the RC god but I have been around/through the different stages (AWD/CS/RWD) of drifting since 2005.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #444
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post
I bet if you looked into a gyro it would help. but you typically need 70+ degrees of lock on RWD

RWD is for sure harder. BUT.... I have driven one and know a couple guys that said its harder to go back to CS after getting used to RWD.

(MOST) RWD guys use a GYRO to help control the steering input, and most of the gyros almost eliminate the need to steer and rather make you control the car by smooth throttle input/weight transfer (as it felt that way when I drove one, compared to my CS chassis). A friend recently posted a new gyro he bought that let him control the cars steering more manually than the stock gyro that came with the kit.

Its not just a matter of taking an AWD chassis and removing the drivetrain from the front and controlling the car manually. theres HOURS upon HOURS of getting the setup you like into making a RWD chassis driveable. the amount of tire setups (for different surfaces), suspension geometry setups (according to the surface and tire compounds), steering angle adjustment (same as suspension setups). RWD is just as close to 1:1 drifting other than some of the crazy suspension/steering geometry tricks on 1/10.

im sure you can turn a high end CS kit into a RWD chassis. But the RWD chassis are designed for specific weight distribution and geometry. plus the companies that make option parts to expand the chassis' tuning ability widens with RWD specific kits/parts.

I definetly am not the RC god but I have been around/through the different stages (AWD/CS/RWD) of drifting since 2005.
Not god, but right on point lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 07-23-2014, 12:39 AM   #445
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
I are has 3 yokomos now felipe.

bout to sell em all and get MST's
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-23-2014, 01:10 AM   #446
Felipe
Post Whore!

Coming up in the world lol

I still havent recovered :0/ still got the cf body for hope lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 07-23-2014, 01:15 AM   #447
Felipe
Post Whore!

You need these in your life son!

Late Night Crew #1
Old 07-23-2014, 01:17 AM   #448
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I are has 3 yokomos now felipe.

bout to sell em all and get MST's
Belt or shaft?
Late Night Crew #1
Old 07-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #449
Wake
Premium Member

Probably one of each.
my chick got pretty good too. i got 2 more mr4s

I showed you my local track right?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-23-2014, 01:33 AM   #450
Felipe
Post Whore!

I want to say yesno lol post up them up here
Late Night Crew #1