Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:30 AM   #1
CrunkGoat

Trader Rating: (0)
CrunkGoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Big Turbo V8 Power (aka How to Ruin a S13)

Well can't leave well enough alone and picked up another rig. This time it's a 240, a 1990 s13 with 2 previous owners, although they must have been kinda hard on her haha. Car is originally from Virginia and has no rust at all something unheard of in my area of atlantic Canada. Traded my 1974 Datsun 620 project for it and seems I got a pretty good deal. Came with D2 coils, enjuku er spec 10 point cage, nrg suede wheel with quick release, spl titanium arms, 5 lug conversion and quite a bit more.

Was thinking about an RB swap but since it came with ls1 mounts and I had an aluminum 5.3 sitting around I'm going to be going that route.

Some pics

Bolted down the fenders and set the hood on just so they wouldn't be in the way

Interior is gutted waiting on installing the cage. Dash is just sitting in there in this pic

Tearing into the 5.3 here, it's getting full forged internals, cam, rockers, and some head work to start

Why the forged internals? Because of this

Garage is pretty full at the moment

Those of you with keen eyes might notice the stripped Sr20 on the stand in the background, and if you're really looking might notice the sr20ve on the floor beside it. That hybrid is going in my other car

It used to have a bored and stroked 11:1 fully built l series but that thing was a bastard on the street. Full suspension and driveline has already been done on it, pretty much ever nut and bolt besides cosmetics haha.

Did some more small stuff, decided to throw the bumper and lights on just to make me feel like theres some actual progress on the go.

Also got ahold of a front sump pan and notched crossmember

Glitter because why not

Now for the part that's really going to piss off the Nissan or even jdm purists. Picked up the trans and its an old school 3 speed chev automatic. I know there's some eyes rolling now but in the end its my car and i'll do what i want, car will see some strip time and there's just no beating an old built auto with a transbrake in that regard. Especially with the power this engine is going to be making my options for a beefy manual were limited to only a few options.

While I was out of town grabbing the trans did a quick search of the local classifieds for some cheap 5 lug wheels so i could put my 5 lug hubs on. Wanted to get rid of the bent rusted 4 bolt wheels and tires on the car that didn't hold air and found these haha

Some old 70s Cragers, got them for essentially nothing. 15x7 with some terrible positive offset but it gets my other hubs on.... And maybe piss off some more people in the process lol

They poke a good amount but picking up some over fenders soon so they might end up tucking eventually. Going to grab some very cheap (possibly free) tires for the 2 fronts then ill actually be able to push this thing around without blowing out my back.

Hopefully grabbing another running engine soon while I build the 5.3 so I can go about fabbing up the exhaust/intercooler piping and start running wires to where they need to be
CrunkGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
CrunkGoat

Trader Rating: (0)
CrunkGoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well not much of an update but some small progress to say i did something. Was considering what i was going to do about the mismatched bumper and some bare metal and found some paint on clearance for 2.99 a can haha. Gave the car a quick sand finishing at 600 grit before spraying, even if you're half assing something might as well do the proper prep work.

Also picked up some cheap used tires to throw on the cragers, going to go about mounting them at work tomorrow.

Finally got all the old tape off one of my rear fenders, took over an hour with a scraper and a can of Acetone....stuff is really on there.

CrunkGoat is offline   Reply With Quote