Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #481
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Hurry Up!

<3

Oh yeah, almost forgot, haha. I was doing homework.

It seemed fine on the way home, didn't feel like it's "slipping" at all. Got up to almost 105 on the interstate and it felt perfect.

We'll see this weekend, I'm going to be driving to Jacksonville like I said (hour and a half drive almost) and that should give me some substantial seat time to make an absolute decision on if it's still happening.

I'm also going to be hanging out with some old HS buddies of mine who are very knowledgeable about cars. I'm going to let them drive it and see what they think if it's still doing it. My dad should be able to help as well. Have to show him some jdm "muscle."

Should be getting my water temp gauge and bezel tomorrow since I can't rely on the stock one. I bought the ATI dual pod dealie.

The mickey mouse ears aren't exactly my taste but at least it will allow me an extra space to put a wideband AFR in the future.

I'll be installing that tomorrow as well as some other small tasks.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:28 AM   #482
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
[QUOTE=mainevent212;1361298]overkill.

Just drive slow. Don't rev it up and dump the clutch, shift
Blah Blah Blah
Thats the same thing I just said - you just added a few wordsQUOTE]
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:09 AM   #483
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmiller84 View Post
So I just took her down a nice desolate road and gave her the juice. She doesn't feel like she's slipping anymore.

Before I left I had a suspicion that the line to my boost gauge was leaking boost. So I disconnected the T-fitting on the vacuum line to my FPR and just hooked the vacuum line directly to the FPR(no boost gauge or boost controller) to eliminate any leakage. After that it didn't seem to feel as though it wasn't "catching."

She may not have been slipping all along, but that was the best way for me to describe it.

I am at my fiance's work right now and I'll be leaving in an hour or so. I'm going to try it again and see if she does it still.

Have you even tried looking at your pedal play? A new clutch should not be slipping so easily, even if it hasnt been broken in.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #484
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by opponheimer View Post
Have you even tried looking at your pedal play? A new clutch should not be slipping so easily, even if it hasnt been broken in.
Well it hasn't done it since I rerouted the vacuum line to my FPR. I haven't really dropped the clutch but I have gone to WOT and it hasn't acted up again whereas it was acting up at WOT the other day.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to drop the clutch most likely and see if it's truly still doing it.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:17 AM   #485
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Jacksonville? So you car will be parted out and stripped by Sunday?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #486
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Jacksonville? So you car will be parted out and stripped by Sunday?

hahaha, nice! +1 for that.

I grew up there so I'm used to it I suppose, although it definitely is really bad. That's one of the reasons I left there, besides school of course.

The last week I was there, I was sitting at a stop light in Orange Park and some thug walked across the street in front of my car and "accidentally" flashed his nice shiny gun to everyone.

Made me feel really safe

There's such a stark difference in the amount of crime in Gainesville compared to Jacksonville. I remember when I was growing up a murder and rape investigation on the nightly news was normal. In Gainesville, the town is in an uproar over a break in. Go figure.

Nothing but tree-huggers here in Gainesville
Old 05-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #487
Mr. H
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr. H is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
which size is your HKS exhaust?
Mr. H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #488
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post
which size is your HKS exhaust?
http://storesense.megawebservers.com...for/Detail.bok
Old 05-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #489
kawika219
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kawika219 is making a name for him/her selfkawika219 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

I'm also going to be hanging out with some old HS buddies of mine who are very knowledgeable about cars. I'm going to let them drive it and see what they think if it's still doing it. My dad should be able to help as well. Have to show him some jdm "muscle."
i wouldnt do that haha...
kawika219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #490
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
jrmiller, you have any vids of how your car sounds yet?
Options13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #491
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawika219 View Post
i wouldnt do that haha...
You're probably right, 'them' will probably turn into just my father only, haha.

Where has everyone connected their water temp gauge sender? I thought it would hook right in here:

But it's about half as small as it needs to be. I was contemplating getting a metal tube, tapping a hole in it for the sender, and clamping it in the middle of one of the radiator hoses(upper probably). Is there any other way to do this that may be easier?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #492
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
just tap it in your return rad hose.
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #493
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx View Post
just tap it in your return rad hose.
When you say tap it in the return rad hose, you mean actually put a hole in the rubber hose itself? Or in the metal outlet that the hose attaches to?

I didn't think that the rubber hose would hold under pressure with a hole.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #494
sonnysmr2
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sonnysmr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
scroll down
http://splparts.com/Parts/Universal/...gs/default.asp

or just get s14 sr waterneck
sonnysmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #495
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmr2 View Post
scroll down
http://splparts.com/Parts/Universal/...gs/default.asp

or just get s14 sr waterneck

Hmm, I do like that a lot better. I also like the oil filter adapter plate. I was going to buy a greddy relocation kit so that I would have the adapter for my oil pressure gauge.

I'm not sure if there are any benefits/downfalls to the relocation kit other than it being really easy to change your oil filter. The plate adapter is half as expensive though.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #496
BlazedGlory
Zilvia Junkie

BlazedGlory will become famous soon enoughBlazedGlory will become famous soon enoughBlazedGlory will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You're probably right, 'them' will probably turn into just my father only, haha.

Where has everyone connected their water temp gauge sender? I thought it would hook right in here:

But it's about half as small as it needs to be. I was contemplating getting a metal tube, tapping a hole in it for the sender, and clamping it in the middle of one of the radiator hoses(upper probably). Is there any other way to do this that may be easier?

That's to bleed air from your cooling system...
BlazedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #497
pr0ject TRUENO
Zilvia FREAK!

pr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pr0ject TRUENO
You should buy an adapter fitting from SPLparts.

http://www.norcaldrift.org
pr0ject TRUENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #498
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
You don't need to buy a Greddy relocation plate, or the whole kit. The thread pattern on the S13 SR's are fairly standard (I forgot what it was, exactly) and I found a few relocation kits (whose plates are tapped for sensors) for <$100.

You seem to be blaming your boost controller for things that aren't your boost controller's fault - there's no way to boost less than your wastegate spring's set for, so I don't see how the boost controller could make your car feel like the clutch was slipping just by bringing your boost back to 7psi... anyhow, keep troubleshooting

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #499
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
You don't need to buy a Greddy relocation plate, or the whole kit. The thread pattern on the S13 SR's are fairly standard (I forgot what it was, exactly) and I found a few relocation kits (whose plates are tapped for sensors) for <$100.

You seem to be blaming your boost controller for things that aren't your boost controller's fault - there's no way to boost less than your wastegate spring's set for, so I don't see how the boost controller could make your car feel like the clutch was slipping just by bringing your boost back to 7psi... anyhow, keep troubleshooting
Yeah, I thought the same thing about my suspicions but what I was noticing was that when I turned it on, the problems would start and when I would turn it off they would stop.

I was able to tune it on my way home from Jacksonville today and I seem to have it working now. It ran strong all the way home and I was able to get it up to 12.5 psi consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ject TRUENO
You should buy an adapter fitting from SPLparts.

That's what I'm planning on doing. They're a lot cheaper and I won't ruin anything trying to tap holes.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #500
kawika219
Zilvia Member

kawika219 is making a name for him/her selfkawika219 is making a name for him/her self
so what did you dad think of it???
Old 05-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #501
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

He liked it, as did my mother. I raced his Vette and needless to say I got destroyed

It was a very nice ride up there. Oh, I also bought the interconnect from splparts today so I'll be able to hook up my water temp gauge sometime this week. Next week I'll be buying the oil plate as well.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #502
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
How much did your Dad's Vette beat you by? Just curious, what mods have been done to his?
xblack240x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #503
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblack240x View Post
How much did your Dad's Vette beat you by? Just curious, what mods have been done to his?
It's a stock 94 Vette. He beat me by several car lengths, which is to be expected. I didn't have the boost controller tuned yet either, but I still would have been destroyed though maybe not as badly.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #504
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Quote:
It's a stock 94 Vette. He beat me by several car lengths, which is to be expected. I didn't have the boost controller tuned yet either, but I still would have been destroyed though maybe not as badly.
I see, well at least you enjoyed it and your car is running ... And since I have your attention *hehe* I wanna congratulate you again on the build, I enjoyed every time you posted on it =)
xblack240x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #505
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Upgrade the turbo and pwn your dad.

You're the head nacho now.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #506
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Upgrade the turbo and pwn your dad.

You're the head nacho now.
Oh the day will come, don't worry

Have to work on getting outta debt first, hah.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:13 PM   #507
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Debt later.

For now you gotta kick grandpa into the dirt.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #508
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
You should be able to pwn that Vette. Tune it!
Old 05-07-2007, 02:32 AM   #509
kawika219
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
You should be able to pwn that Vette. Tune it!
this is the truth hahaha...
Old 05-07-2007, 02:45 AM   #510
Farzam
Post Whore!

1994 Chevrolet Corvette LT1(auto) 5.5 14.1
1994 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 4.7 13.1

My friend with an 89 fastback ran 13.8 on shitty 225/60/15 with an open diff/shitty clutch...and you have more mods.

You should go to a trusted local shop and make sure nothing's messed up.