Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #121
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I bet the Tomei engineers looking at the S14 engine bay are saying "WTF is this!?! what is this piece of crap!?!? lmao
Old 07-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #122
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm curious as to why the used the factory crankshaft and didn't go with a fully counterweighted crankshaft?

Also, what's that blue stuff they use on everything, I WANT SOME!
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #123
Skilz10179
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Skilz10179 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I'm curious as to why the used the factory crankshaft and didn't go with a fully counterweighted crankshaft?

I was wondering the same thing about the crank...
Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #124
Munki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Munki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
People in the US are way to cheap to buy tomei parts.... Seems like everyone would rather rock knock off's....
Munki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #125
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munki View Post
People in the US are way to cheap to buy tomei parts.... Seems like everyone would rather rock knock off's....
Or legit US Parts.

Plenty of guys rock BC, DOC, Turbonetics, and Precision. Other guys simply fab their own stuff. What does Tomei truly expect to bring to the table other than the name?

Their cams are nothing special, their exhaust systems are nothing special and their turbos are overpriced garbage.

By and large, the Japanese companies today are completely irrelevant. They sell overpriced stupid trinkets to people cause "JAYDEEMM".

"OMFG $75 HKS OIL CAP!!"

"WOW TOMEI TURBO THAT COSTS $1,200 AND IS AS GOOD AS A $600 Precisions Turbo!"
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #126
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Doubt they are doing some wild build. In fact, I would guess they are most likely making the motor as close to how it came out of the factory as possible so they can get more precise measurements and such.
A weighted aftermarket crank is just extra rotational mass on anything short of a built monster motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Or legit US Parts.

Plenty of guys rock BC, DOC, Turbonetics, and Precision. Other guys simply fab their own stuff. What does Tomei truly expect to bring to the table other than the name?

Their cams are nothing special, their exhaust systems are nothing special and their turbos are overpriced garbage.

By and large, the Japanese companies today are completely irrelevant. They sell overpriced stupid trinkets to people cause "JAYDEEMM".
The American companies are just as irrelevant in the import community, except they do not even have the 'name' factor going for them.
If anything, in the recent years, all the innovation as far as new parts for the S-chassis or drifting in general seems to be coming from Australia and Europe.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:56 AM   #127
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

The American companies are just as irrelevant in the import community, except they do not even have the 'name' factor going for them.
If anything, in the recent years, all the innovation as far as new parts for the S-chassis or drifting in general seems to be coming from Australia and Europe.

Only thing I can think of is Mazworks VE head swap that nobody buys.

I'm not just talking 240sx. I'm taking industry wide.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #128
Skilz10179
Zilvia Member

Skilz10179 is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be nice if they brought something to the table the that KA market needs, maybe a oil pan, head gasket, intake manifold and an actual bolt on big bore tb.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #129
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
well if your interested like and follow their facebook page, all of their info will be posted on it.

here is the link. enjoy.
https://www.facebook.com/tomei240sx
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #130
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTaiFTVLu5w
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #131
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Now that I've decided not to go V8 and go KA-t, I'm pretty excited for what Tomei may be bringing to the table.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #132
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL watch them release a KA26DET Genesis crate engine.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #133
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

whitenoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to whitenoise
i had the M8270 on my AMS ka-t and i tell u. i didnt feel a bit of lag after i degreed my bc 264 in it. maybe would go back KA-T later on .

http://TM-SPL.COM
whitenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #134
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenoise View Post
i had the M8270 on my AMS ka-t and i tell u. i didnt feel a bit of lag after i degreed my bc 264 in it. maybe would go back KA-T later on .
The M8270 is pretty big. How was response in 1st gear?
I have a GTX2867r with .82AR Plus (supposed to flow like a full t3) and I believe it's the biggest t2 housing on the market that i've seen. I don't get any boost in 1st gear in slow-to-moderate cruising. I can go upto 4k rpm and no boost even mildly hard throttle. If I step on it aggressively and WOT it picks up like a MOFO though, after 2nd gear it's very responsive, and 3rd gear and up is almost seamless. How was your response before cams?
240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #135
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That is assembly lube you can get it at pretty much any autoparts store. Don't put a motor together without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #136
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

whitenoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to whitenoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxfan6882 View Post
The M8270 is pretty big. How was response in 1st gear?
I have a GTX2867r with .82AR Plus (supposed to flow like a full t3) and I believe it's the biggest t2 housing on the market that i've seen. I don't get any boost in 1st gear in slow-to-moderate cruising. I can go upto 4k rpm and no boost even mildly hard throttle. If I step on it aggressively and WOT it picks up like a MOFO though, after 2nd gear it's very responsive, and 3rd gear and up is almost seamless. How was your response before cams?
I haven't tried it with stock cams. But i had it with stock cam timing on 264 and it was laggy till about 4500 but power is there up top. But after timing the 264s not much lag at all, full boost at 3900. Breaks traction on 1st and 2nd, on stock final drive

http://TM-SPL.COM
whitenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #137
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Or legit US Parts.
"OMFG $75 HKS OIL CAP!!"
Quote:
Only thing I can think of is Mazworks VE head swap that nobody buys.
I'm not just talking 240sx. I'm taking industry wide.
Corbic, why are you talking shit? I dont get it.

The fact that Tomei is even stepping up to the plate to offer products for that engine platform should only make people happy - and instead, we get to read shit like this from you. And who are you? What do you do career-wise where your opinions have any validity to them?

As a business owner, I understand when shops charge a certain price for their parts - more power to them. Not everyone can afford to follow the big american business model of making parts by the millions and having huge retailers like jegs/summit stock them. It works fine for the detroit muscle parts since these parts are a dime a dozen, but it doesnt work so well for the custom parts that are made overseas. I can only wonder how many Tomei oil pans they can manufacture and then afford to hold as inventory. Its a balance game and its not easy to participate. And you want to add profit on top of that? Good luck. Especially with assholes like you chiming in on how pointless it is because its "jay-dee-emm" tight...

JMD, USDM, KDM... who gives a fuck. The fact that these Japanese @ Tomei are willing to even glance at the KA24DE is rad, and I dont even own a KA24DE. If you cant justify the costs, then dont buy their product, dont buy a 75 dollar HKS oil cap, dont buy any of that shit. No one is putting a gun to your head. You're just spouting off your opinion so that you can hear yourself speak.

HKS makes rad products
Tomei makes rad products
MazWorx makes rad products
Corbic makes nothing and sucks a lot of dick

So please, pretty please.. shut the fuck up and at the very minimum, say thanks to all the vendors who even care to make products for our shitty 20 year old cars.

FUCK!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #138
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Or legit US Parts.

"OMFG $75 HKS OIL CAP!!"

What are you talking about? Tomei cans cost $300 and are some of the best cams on the market. Their head gaskets go for like $120 so their pricing a quality are extremely competitive.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #139
kamilitaryman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
kamilitaryman has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I can't wait to see the final product when it goes on sale. I'm curious about the price and final specs.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #140
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
What are you talking about? Tomei cans cost $300 and are some of the best cams on the market. Their head gaskets go for like $120 so their pricing a quality are extremely competitive.
not to mention, full titanium exhaust for under a grand. The guy is just mad. Let him be. He has nothing worth a damn and relies on the cheaper alternative. If tomei has nothing to gain.....that is tomei's problem not corbics. Which is why I don't understand his madness. There is really no point. I don't get mad at the companies he listed because I would never by a product from them lol. It's just that simple.

The funny thing is, tomei is bigger than all those companies he mentioned. Wonder how that happened.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #141
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Corbic makes nothing and sucks a lot of dick
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I quoted the important part, you rock Mike!

Also, WTF are you jackasses talking about "fully counterweighted, heavier than stock crankshaft". ALL cranks are fucking counterweighted and aftermarket race cranks are NOT fucking heavier than stock, THEY'RE LIGHTER!!! You're thinking of a FORGED, BALANCED, AND LIGHTENED crankshaft. Nobody in the fucking world sells a race crank that is heavier than the god damned stock one.

GET A GOD DAMNED CLUE FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

You retards wanna know why Tomei didn't change the crank as well? Because it's a STAGE-1 engine!!! I was wondering the same thing about the exhaust ports untill I actually read stuff that was on the screen... I would bet that they'll push on to a much more highly modified version of this. Even as a stage 1 engine though I bet it'll put down some SERIOUS power and torque numbers.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #142
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
would bet that they'll push on to a much more highly modified version of this.
I really hope that they do push on and am curious to see what this is going to put down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #143
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Leave it to people to try to downplay the importance of Japanese Engineering / Aftermarket support. I'm so glad we have the most elite keyboard commandos and warriors amongst us in 2013.

Can't wait to see what they've got coming for the KA!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #144
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
In for KA24 swaps on D1SL cars.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #145
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
You know what would be FUCKING AWESOME??? If the Japanese decided they liked the KA24DE and started swapping them into JDM Silvias/180sx's. That would rock! I would have such good ammo for all the JDM fanboys talking about how it's a truck motor and the Tomei engineers were probably looking at it as a POS.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #146
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
s13

Quote:
You know what would be FUCKING AWESOME??? If the Japanese decided they liked the KA24DE and started swapping them into JDM Silvias/180sx's. That would rock! I would have such good ammo for all the JDM fanboys talking about how it's a truck motor and the Tomei engineers were probably looking at it as a POS.

hahahha! sell my ka24de for 1800 with the tranny?
like how those bastards sell sr20's for that much.
revenge is a dish best served cold haha
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #147
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope240sx View Post
hahahha! sell my ka24de for 1800 with the tranny?
like how those bastards sell sr20's for that much.
revenge is a dish best served cold haha
WRONG!

SR's don't sell for $1800 in Japan, that's how much the importers sell them for here to cover the expenses of importing it and probably close to 100% profit.

Nice try tho...
Old 10-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #148
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
WRONG!

SR's don't sell for $1800 in Japan, that's how much the importers sell them for here to cover the expenses of importing it and probably close to 100% profit.

Nice try tho...
another get rich quick scheme has failed

back to the drawing board
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #149
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:

lol I remember those days. That is when the bandwagon was in its prime. Ricky Chu of super street was the one holding the reins. That guy was a flaming douche who didn't have anything worth a damn. Yet acted like he was actually somebody. Bandwagoners, they were great and still are. If tomei does this right, we all know what is going to happen. Then the butthurt....well yea .4 more litres of displacement. Lets see what a sr24 would do. lol. Just like the v8 guys saying let me turbo my v8 then see how your turbo 4 does lol. Like it makes it magically equal some how.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #150
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
lol you guys are hating on corbic, but i don't blame you corbic is so wrong in his opinion.

I really want that ka exhaust manifold for my never to be finished ka-t that i am attempting to get done. le sigh.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote