Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #181
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
speechless....can we please talk about drifting. I wasn't banned for a month to come back to a socal-drift atmosphere.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #182
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
That's super hot. Where may I purchase this?

Hammy, They are Drifters. Topic still on course.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #183
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbroke_kidX View Post
Wide open, flick, Counter, More wide open. E brake to extend. Clutch kicks when needed. Brake to transfer.

this. is all that needs to b said. Thread should b closed.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #184
Jayteezzy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Jayteezzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jayteezzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC SUPERSTAR View Post
That's super hot. Where may I purchase this?

Hammy, They are Drifters. Topic still on course.
indeed it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
speechless....can we please talk about drifting. I wasn't banned for a month to come back to a socal-drift atmosphere.
haha you love it don't liee
cause you use to go on it either way lol
Jayteezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #185
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Spine-Tingling!....LOL!!

Thanks !ZAR! haha
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #186
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
the gayness is starting to take over the thread.....

......waiting on some kittens now....unfortunately.

wow I surprised you didnt get pinked for that. they usually pink you right away... lol

but as long as anyone has an input about different techniques please do cause thats what this is about. yea you can discuss the differences but dont tear the thread down. Ive learned a lot.

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #187
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustxking View Post
this. is all that needs to b said. Thread should b closed. Originally Posted by Xbroke_kidX
Wide open, flick, Counter, More wide open. E brake to extend. Clutch kicks when needed. Brake to transfer.

So you think thats all there is... lol

Old 05-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #188
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Honestly, I think it is best to try and learn each technique first and once you have it down, move onto the next one. Then once you have some core techniques, try them out at the same location and see what differences you notice. Different cars/setups and drivers require different techniques. At Buttonwillow it was my first time running east loop CCW and I couldn't for the life of me figure out the right line to take through it. I kept trying ebrake entry and it wasn't quite working for me. Then I tried clutch kicking and had better success. After that, I tried weight shifting into a clutchkick. And that worked great for me. Is that the only way to take the corner, no. But it is what worked for my car and I that day.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #189
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Thank you sir... ^^^

Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #190
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
My bad OP....That gayness was too funny...LOL..

If I could have done it differently as a beginner, I would have learned wide donuts. Then after to figure 8's. Master each one clock-wise and counter clock-wise before attempting courses.

This would have saved me soooo much money since I crashed so much trying to tackle courses.

Dai's driving academy (JDM Option) is set up that way. IMO it is superior technique to learning your vehicle.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #191
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Im just gonna leave this here.............

Tanner Foust Backward Entry on Vimeo
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:51 AM   #192
rage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rage
was that a qualifying run?
rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #193
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

DAMN ... lol not the first time Ive seen it done tho. ken block did that aswell around a cone in his second vid. FF to 2:09 YouTube - Ken Block's Amazing Drift

Both are sick.. and man is Tanner gettin use to that TC his mulholland run was sick too.

YouTube - Tanner Foust Street Drift: Mulholland

Old 05-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #194
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
That TC is so sick.

It really knows how to turn and burn.

BALLER
Old 05-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #195
Jayteezzy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Jayteezzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jayteezzy
that mulholland video wasn't that great
he's a good driver tho TC is just so random also
cool tho hahaha
Jayteezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #196
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
DAMN ... lol not the first time Ive seen it done tho. ken block did that aswell around a cone in his second vid. FF to 2:09 YouTube - Ken Block's Amazing Drift

Both are sick.. and man is Tanner gettin use to that TC his mulholland run was sick too.

YouTube - Tanner Foust Street Drift: Mulholland
watch Kens wheels.

He is Rally drifting which is totally different.
Front wheels are in and out of over and understeer.
And its real easy to do in a AWD car in comparison.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #197
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Eric Castro, what is your favourite drift entrance form?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #198
ericcastro
Post Whore!

rear entry.

or, backwards entry as some call it..........
Old 05-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #199
Brian
Post Whore!

DO you do those?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #200
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
watch Kens wheels.

True, also if you watch that ken block video you can see that there are tires marks everywhere, he had like a million takes to get the shots in that video. Tanner had to hit that line during competition. you can't even compare the two.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #201
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage View Post
was that a qualifying run?
Friday night. Pretty sure it was practice, might have been qualifying though.

Mikes entries I thought were pretty crazy and consistant during practice. Backwards as hell in that BMW.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #202
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
Quote:
Im just gonna leave this here.............

Tanner Foust Backward Entry on Vimeo

and I'm gonna leave This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CK94zCXsKI

with that........
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #203
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

^^^^ yup seen that one before but that was in Japan still judges thought it was against the laws of physics.. haha

Quote:
watch Kens wheels.

Lol Ive never tried it but I did take a second look and still think its still a pretty tough manuver however I think my new favorite entrance would have to be the backwards entrance too now unless I could nail the 360 before the entrance...

you think it would be called over drift in japanese english..?? haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFdCj4zZnQE

Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #204
240XTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240R View Post
and I'm gonna leave This:

YouTube - The Perfect Drift

with that........

Held it!..........................
Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #205
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
YouTube - Crazy AE86 360 Drift

Yeah, what he said

I can't wait till our track opens. We haven't had a place to slide since about 03'
LMK What you guys got
Old 05-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #206
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Watch Mike Essa entry... its gangsta too...

YouTube - Michael Essa's Second Qualifying Run at Formula Drift Atlanta
fcdrifter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #207
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I love rear entry too.

On Eric or BH, it's all the same at the end. Rushhhhhhh.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #208
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Anybody got good instructional type videos, or any good video's to learn from in general? for me the only one I really learned something from was watch DB time after time. And with no track here, getting out and doing it is kind of limited if you don't want to get caught.
LMK What you guys got
Old 05-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #209
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240R View Post
Anybody got good instructional type videos, or any good video's to learn from in general? for me the only one I really learned something from was watch DB time after time. And with no track here, getting out and doing it is kind of limited if you don't want to get caught.

Damn I guess it sucks to live in Hawaii... lol ... so no one overthere is willing to lend a parking lot??? Or get a filming permit once a month on a street that isnt too busy then you got your empty street (track) and guaranteed its filmed.. haha

Old 05-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #210
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Yeah. Nobody does. There's alot of good places too but Security won't. Most of it is "Slide n Hide" or "Hit it and Quit it"... but that get's boring and irritating after a while ya know?
LMK What you guys got