Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #91
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lets see if I can get this thing to a new page since I am about to add a ton of pictures lol.
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #92
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
One more try lol.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #93
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Ok, anyways, a quick update. We are getting 3 cars ready for this years Tyler Cox Memorial event, we are bringing out 2 D1GP drivers to play with us all the way from Japan. We are finishing 2 RHD cars for them, and the Tyler Cox Memorial Missile all over again. Here is a link to the Facebook page if you would like to come out and experience the drift event, it is going to be rad!

https://www.facebook.com/events/491006584343119/

Here is a sweet picture of Tyler driving D1GP USA with us!

Here is me getting into an option video with my old V8 car.

NOW ON TO UPDATES!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #94
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

We are going to run identical ECU in all 3 cars. We needed something cost effective, something that could run all 3 cars effectively, could be used with a 4 bar map sensor, could run flex fuel, had knock sensors, was a full stand alone, and on and on. We looked around for awhile and we ended up going with a company called ECU Master. Their USA distributor is located super close, and told us he could help us do any sensor calibration and help us get the cars started up. These ECU are pretty rad, I think only 1200 with the internal 4 bar map sensor and wide band included, plus connectors. This is a pretty rad deal and helped keep the cost of the project down. As I was buying multiple and had a cool cause they cut me a hell of a deal, so that really helped too!

Here is their Facebook page if you are curious about them.

https://www.facebook.com/ECUMasterUSA

Here is True building the wiring harnesses for all 3 cars. He used the stock harnesses, and cut out everything that wasn't needed, then added in everything extra like flex fuel sensors and stuff. Cool little things happened as well like my stock tach now works perfectly with the V8 swap which it never did with the stock ECU, and stuff like that. We control the accusump directly off the ECU as well, which is sweet. Before I was controlling it off my piece of shit ICQ3 Racepack dash, and that thing sucked.

The cars all look perpetually half done lol. Thank god they all had cages and stuff already, as just thing amount of work is over whelming!

The SR20VET is finally together! We ended up getting an SR20DET head gasket to work from Cometic as the other ones were super back ordered for the SR20VET stuff.

Here is the Taarks actuator relocation kit.

The Taarks hall sensor put into the front of the motor.

Oil stuff everywhere. I really like simplicity so all these oil lines everywhere bug me. In retrospect we should have carved out the fire wall lol.

Ugly water lines, didn't do much with them. Intake manifold will shield our eyes from them.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #95
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Maverick Motorsports adapter plate being bolted on.

Here is a crazy little mini twin clutch setup for the SR20VET car from Spec. I called them up and told them how much power we were going to make, and told them to just go ahead and choose whatever for me. They sent this.

I was going back and forth on turbo choices, and after a bunch of deliberation between GTX3582 and 30R stuff, I chose the GTX3076 from Garrett. I don't care about ultimate power, but these things can probably make 600 hp on this motor, or 600 whp, and both of those numbers seem really high, so there we go. I am pretty sure I could have drifted the 35R just fine, but I didn't even really want over 500 whp so the 30R is going to be great. I just don't want it to choke out toooooo terribly badly before 9000, which I am sure it still will, but whatever.

Local Fort Worth powder coater is hooking it up for drifters! I have been powder coating everything!!!! Between 3 of us, we powder coated 26 wheels or so I think with him!

Fast intake manifold got painted and put on the V8. It is the super duper old 78mm setup, which I have had for a decade now. Never bothered to replace it, motor always made more than enough power lol.

VVL motor is stabbed into the S15 finally. Looks rad.

We needed some spare aluminum for the intake manifold to get built, and I have my old Mac Pro case, sooooo....

Derrick built me the coolest intake manifold ever out of scrap parts!

And the finished product : )

Old 08-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #96
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

It has been getting to be total crunch time over here, and a mess. We had a ton of volunteers come over and help us try and finish the cars for a tuning session with Martin from RS-Enthalpy.

Even the 2JZ car got in on the action a bit.

V8 car was the only one that was able to be tuned yet, all the others are still getting finished. The S13 has started though. The S15 will hopefully be started tonight!

This is interesting. These are two dyno sheets overlaid from the same dyno, and the same motor, 2 years apart. The red line is the old tired setup after 6 years of drifting. Then the new one is after the addition of 3 points of compression with E85, the blue line. There is a huge temp difference in the room, and other variables, but the lines are identical lol. No real gains on the screen, who cares though, the car always made more than enough power : ) The car SOUNDS UNREAL.

CLICK HERE TO HERE IT SCREAM AND SHOOT PURPLE FIRE : )

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...36365536750774
Old 08-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #97
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
HAHA Was that metal from a desktop G5 DP Mac?! That was my first "Real" Mac many moons ago!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #98
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Oh man that S15. So good.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #99
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Well the event is over. We successfully got 3 cars running. We brought over Yokoi and Tezuka. They shot machine guns, went to Bass Pro Shop, went fishing, got drunk every single night, drifted with us, and the event was amazing. We sprinkled some more of Tyler's ashes. We hugged, we cried, we had an amazing time. Durdan hit people again. I drove a RHD car and it was really fun.

If anyone remembers this old thing...

It is now this thing. 14 psi on a 3071, high comp SR, E85, a simple 350 whp. FUN AS FUCK. Car can't be even 2300 lbs at this point, mostly because it is missing a lot of integral metal that it should have to survive a wreck lol.

The car is amazing and super fun, it is my new go to car. The new E85 V8 dog box car is put aside and I am driving this. I strapped a vial of Tyler to the cage so I don't feel like I am cheating on the missile car, and I am rocking this thing. It is fun and a bit challenging to shift for me, and to use the e brake since it is RHD, but I am getting used to it fast. The 350Z tranny keeps getting put into 5th after 4th instead of 3rd, but I will get better. It happened countless times lol.

Car still gets rad tire wear. Smoke fucking fills it up though : / I don't like smoke.

Here is Yokoi piloting it.

These cars are so much fucking fun. This was from the memorial. It was very emotional. Stew's hand is dumping ashes.

Group hug with the family.

Car is so easy to drive other than RHD at the moment, and FAST. Should have raised it years ago lol.

Lots of cool cars came : )

The drivers and spectators that come are what make the event amazing though! Plus, we had D1 dudes to rally everyone to get together on one very special date!

The S15 ran for part of the day, but had some issues and we put it away because the motor is too expensive for me to fuck with and break at the track, and the S13 was running so well.

The Japanese dudes loved it and want to come back again, it is like a vacation for them where they are treated awesome and get to drift for fun with people that think they are the bees knees.

I entered the comp in the newly built RHD S13 because I thought it would be humorous and fun, and it was a blast. The car needs some setup and a bit of attention and fried something in the rear end, but it is going to be awesome. Hell, it already is awesome. We hugged in the winners circle.

We got the Essence crew all the way out to Mineral Wells to floss lol.

And because this post wouldn't be complete unless I bought something amusing, I got another M3.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:36 AM   #100
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Awesome update! That event looked like a crazy good time!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #101
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Pew pew pew, shots fired.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #102
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Most of the pictures are not working
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #103
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
fix the pictures!!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #104
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
aaron none of the pics work in the beginning.