Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #61
7x13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
7x13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mad respect going on in this thread.
7x13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #62
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Any more info on doing the 350z coil packs on sr? I have never heard of doing anything besides the Chevy LS truck motor coil packs. And a quick search left me with nothing.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #63
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I will try and take some pictures or the coil pack setup. You simply cut the igniter out and connect wires directly together as you chop it out. The pull the coil pack plugs apart on the harness side and move the 3 wires around until they spark again with the 350z plugs connected. There is only a few ways they a go, and the 350z coil pack uses the same plug, so you can simply plug them in, but the 3 wires are wrong, so you undo the plug and change it. I said that tie I think lol. The 350z coil pack drops right in other than that, and even bolts in on the red top, although not 100% perfect. The only problem really other than the not 100% perfect fit is you could get water down into the plug holes. Overall thoug I really like it so far and the 350z coil packs are super cheap and see to beway more powerful.

Sorry about this odd post as it was made from my phone and it was autocorrecting everything all retarded.
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #64
DET240SX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
DET240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
absolutely love this thread. I'm sorry about your loss

But definitely subscribed to it and keep it going! this is some real stuff

I would love to run in one of your events or something next year. 20 hour drive pff whatever, bring it on!!! Also, where can I contribute/buy the Lone Star sticker??
DET240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #65
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
That is where you can buy stickers from the Texas drift events : )

Fabricated Motorsports — Home
Old 08-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #66
DNAmotoring
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
DNAmotoring is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Great post, lots of photos and good info. Sorry for your loss, Keep up the good work!
DNAmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #67
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Here is some video from the last event the car was taken to, where Masashi Yokoi from MCR Factory was given the car to drive for the weekend with all our locals. He was just getting used to LHD but had a blast in the car : )

THe weekend was amazing, and our local drivers really really really enjoyed having Yokoi out there, as he is kind of like our childhood hero thing.

Here is Yokoi's D1 car.

Sitting around with some other rad USA drift cars.

WHAM!

Anyways, this car has been staying crazy busy, drifting at least twice a month in most instances. It has a blown apart transmission at the moment which I am about to swap out for a temp replacement, and then after that my 350Z transmission stuff gets here and one of those little guys will get put in. Then, hopefully no more blown up transmissions and I can turn the boost up and put a bigger turbo on it.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #68
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

A lot has happened to both of these project cars in the past year. This video sums up a lot of it. This is some helmet cam of me driving the Memorial Missile car around this weekend. : )

Some changes are happening to both cars. The blue car isn't finished yet and we are already changing things. It is currently a 9 to 1 or so 2.35 SR20, and we are going to bump it up to at least 11 to 1, maybe higher. I also acquired a primera motor or whatever the VE head comes from, and we are going to pop that head on there. So it will be a high comp SR23VET at that point? Not really sure what to call it lol, but that sounds ricer enough, we will go with it. The car is going to get a GTX3576 and I am going to see if it is drift able like that, I hope so. The white missile car is getting the GTX2863 replaced with a GTX3067 I think, but I am not sure. The white car works so well it doesn't really need a bigger turbo, but I want some waste gate noise and more turbo noise, and that should do it. Currently the only turbo noise I get is the compressor surge from not having a BOV, which is cool, but not turbo enough. Oh, and I broke another SR20 tranny this weekend so I got a Maverick-Motorsports.com 350Z adapter kit.

Oh, I didn't document my Japan trip, I will post that in a minute too.

Cool pic of missile car getting worked on. I love this car.

I picked up a set of 4 missile wheels to go with my piles of RPF1.

Here is that VVL motor chilling in the back of my truck on top of piles of cones. I hope I got the right one lol, I don't know much about these things!

Car is still going strong!

This car leaves me mounting tires constantly, and it is about the best tire wear car I have ever had with the Kenda Tires, they last like 30 laps!

Cool pics from this weekend.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #69
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

COPY PASTE FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SAVE ME TIME

I figured I should update this thread a bit.

I am still driving the old Tcox memorial missile, and the car has been a blast. I have been doing tons of events in it, and the thing has been pretty reliable lately. It has been taking some smashes but we just keep on banging it back out and it keeps looking pretty good. I have been running hardly enough boost to even warrant E85 lately, like 1.1 bar, to keep the tires alive as long as possible. I keep forgetting to turn the boost up for fun when I get to the events, all I think about is tandem tandem tandem.

I went to Japan and spent some time with Travis and Yokoi, and had a blast. It rained the whole time we were at the track, but I got to tandem with everyone with Yokoi's MCR Factory D1 car which was hilarious and sketchy with me behind the wheel, and everyone mistaking me for Yokoi and trying to tandem train with me while I could barely link the track in the rain in a RHD car while my head slammed against the cage from the seat being so damn high. It was still rad and hilarious and I really enjoyed it, I can't wait to go back after some RHD practice and really get to tandem with people.

I bought an S15 from Yokoi with cool MCR stickers on it, tandemed with Yokoi and Nakamura in it, that was rad. There were tons of other J dudes but I don't know there names, but it was really fun. The car is coming back, and has an HKS turbo and silly cage, knuckles and nardi and seat and defi gauges and tons of rice stuff, basically a finished drift car. So I am excited to have an S15 to drift here in Texas next season. I figured it would be extra hilarious if I Matt Bengston peoples cars in a S15.

I figured I can't really bring back a stock looking S15 so I loaded it up with a new Dmax kit, grabbed over fenders, a cool stockish spec r or something wing, etc. The car is going to be used as a RHD car for D1 drivers like Yokoi and stuff to come play with as well, so they will be more comfortable when they are here. Stew offered up his JZX as well for Tezuka to drive, so the us nerds can have some fun. Now I am not the biggest Japan is best nerd, I obviously had an LS1 since before nearly anyone in my 240, but I do think that adding the Japanese to our Texas drifting is not only fun, but also fun. So I do it. DON'T ASK ME ABOUT IMPORTING RACE CARS, I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THAT, AND I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT HOW YOU WANT A STREET CAR S15 BLAH BLAH BLAH. THIS CAR WILL NEVER BE A STREET CAR.

Here is a picture of someone else driving the missile car and bashing it up.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #70
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Awesome thread, I was skeptical at first because I didn't know what TC was, but when I saw the car I immediatley subscribed.
That car was an inspiration to many many kids in the scene!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #71
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
blockedwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Awesome update!!!!!
blockedwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #72
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Now that's a damn good update!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #73
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
it's awesome that you can beat on a car with out much of it breaking(minus the engine...) and having a blast in the name of your passed friend. keep up the good spirit and update us on the blue car!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #74
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Well, I feel infinitely guilty for not finishing the blue Tyler Cox car yet, but the Tyler Cox Memorial Missile has been going strong forever, and I have a bunch of cool updates for this thread, including this year's upcoming Memorial Event where we are celebrating the life of Tyler, and bringing out two awesome D1GP drivers to be a part of the festivities! Yokoi from MCR Factory and Tezuka from Kids Heart are going to come out and play with us over 2 days at Mineral Wells. This next post is going to be an update on the memorial car and an update on the two RHD cars we will be building for them to drive, which will then be added to my personal stable of retarded drift cars : )

So as a quick recap, the Missile Car is a high compression SR20DET with a GTX2863, running e85 on a ROM tune from RS-Enthalpy. It broke a bunch of trannies over the past year so we tossed a 350z tranny in it with an adapter plate from Maverick Motorsports, and other than that and some fixing some little fender benders ( and ignoring some ) not much has happened to the car. We did have one problem where I miss shifted the car from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th because I wasn't used to the 350z tranny yet, and that ruined a set of cams and rockers, but other than that the car has been amazing! Derrick put a stock head back on it within a few hours and I had it back at an event the next weekend.

So we are playing musical motors and moving stuff around as we have 3 cars to get ready for the memorial event, https://www.facebook.com/events/491006584343119/ , so the S14 is going to donate it's motor to my old V8 S13, the S14 gets the 13.5 to 1 compression LS1 and dog box, and the S15 gets the 12.5 to 1 compression SR20VET motor. We have 3 weeks to finish all this, so....

So I don't have tons of pictures yet to add to this, but I can start describing everything and update it later with pics.

Here is a pic of my old S13 and me holding hands with Ueo, the owner of Vertex. I see pics like this, and realize how awesome of a drifting life I have had. How many 240sx dorks get to do the crap I do? So this car has been converted to RHD and will be receiving the 11 to 1 SR20DET with the GTX2863. The car is pretty light weight compared to my other cars, and should be a rocket ship. It has been recently dismantled and had the body and engine bay painted while it was getting turned into a RHD car. It will be sporting W9 front and sides and a stock rear bumper, a 350z tranny, it is obviously caged and had 5+ frame pulls. It has been through more than 120 days of drifting easily, and probably 1000 tires so far.

I have always liked this picture of it.

This picture makes me kind of sad : ( This is Stewart Leask ( Johnny5 on here ) taking the car somewhere and cutting it up.

Here he built some wheel tubs for it because he likes trailer parts on 240s.

He likes paint on his trailer fenders. Plus, you can see the car is now RHD.

Those frame rails though!

Paint booth hard parking.

It probably won't get this wing.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #75
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Here is a pic of the motor it is about to get. And that concludes most of what there is to say about this car. Oh, one more pic with some body stuff mocked up, it is getting different bumpers and sides though. I really want the super new origin fenders for it!

I like this pic of when I first painted the S13 white. It has been about 6-7 different colors since I got it, each year I typically painted it at the beginning of the season. I would prep it and drop it off at Maaco for the $400 special lol.

Over to the S15 meow. I got the S15 last year when I was in Japan from my friend Yokoi at MCR Factory. He took me out to Mehain and I got to drive his sweet D1 car, and I got to tandem with Nakamura and tons of awesome dudes in it, plus in my S15. This was pretty rad stuff! I brought the car back and it went over to a friend to get prepped and painted. I sold off the S15 drivetrain with the HKS turbo and PFC and stuff to a Mikey from Mayday Garage for his sweet S14, and started getting stuff to finish my wild super high comp SR20VET setup. I have been all about high compression now that e85 is a thing, and this motor is going to be kind of an end all be all SR build for me. I don't care about stroker stuff, and I can drive a car regardless of the power band, so I picked up a GTX3582 for it and tons of parts. After some consideration though, we are putting a GTX3071 on it, and the GTX3582 is going on Tyler's blue S14 again. 12.5 to 1 pistons were chosen, all the hall sensor and vvl stuff is sourced out of Australia and shipped. The bottom half of the long block is finished and the top half has been finished for probably a year. We just need to choose a head gasket and combine them.

I got these fenders as a gift from Yoshi at MCR Factory, so I had to include them on the car. I wanted fun wheels as not everyone shares my enthusiasm for RPF1, so I got a pile of CR Kai and they are being sent off to the powder coater so they match. A couple are knock offs, but there are at least 5 real ones in there lol!

S15 wheel and cluster, I thought it was a cute pic of the inside.

Picture of the pistons for the VVL motor! LOL.

So that concludes most of what I have to show on that car that I have pictures of, I will go take some and post them. The concept of the S15 is a full interior car that is comfy to sit in, with power roll up windows like all my drift cars, and full door panels. With the GTX3071 the motor will hopefully make a bit over 500 whp and spin to 9000, and if I decide at the last second to put the GTX3582 back on, it will make probably 650 whp. I really don't need that much, I am super happy with my S14 at 14 psi making 300 hp and making tires last all day. But what the heck, the car has a boost controller and I can turn it down.

A quick blurp about the S14 setup. My LS1 went into my S13 back in 2007 and was one of the super early LS cars. It sounded rad and spun around 7500 rpm at first, and we turned it down a tad to 7200 and lasted about 6 years like that like a champ. It made about 470 whp, and while the car was sometimes a basket case from lack of maintenance, the motor never blew up. It got refreshened last year, and went from 11 to 1 to 13.5 to 1. It will be e85, it will spin to the same RPM, and the T5 based Gforce dog box with return, which is pretty much the best part of the whole thing. I love the dog box. <3. Other than that, the motor was basically just refreshed and left alone. It will probably make a bit over 500 whp this time, which is more than enough for me. The motor is going into this S14 basically because the hand made headers ( made by Derrick ) fit a LHD car, and we don't have time to redo everything for RHD, and since the SR20 will just pop into the RHD cars, that makes more sense at the moment.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #76
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

I get too busy to drive at the events sometimes as I host them, but I try to drive as much as I can, since it is the only reason I host them lol. Here is helmet footage from the inside of the Tyler Cox Memorial Missile : ) We have a fantastic group of fun drifters down here in Texas, they are great to tandem with!

Old 07-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #77
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

All this is getting built up and will be at Round 6 of the Lone Star Drift Series this year in August, on the 16-17. It is a two day event where we are bringing out Yokoi and Tezuka to drive with our guys for fun : )

Go to the link below to see the event page!

https://www.facebook.com/events/491006584343119/

Old 07-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #78
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Too many rad things happening at the same time...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #79
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This is my favorite thread on here. Easily.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #80
Slippin'eight-nine
Leaky Injector

Slippin'eight-nine is an unknown quantity at this point
I was literally just thinking about this thread the other day! Great updates!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #81
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

So a fun little update. And also a public service announcement lol. I was using 1200cc five o injectors in multiple cars, along with some friend's cars since they fit the stock fuel rail and were supposed to be good for E85. Anyways, out of a total of about 16 injectors, I think we had 5 go bad in less than a year. They were burning out and just going dead on different cars, basically in the same manner. I would highly suggest staying away from these little dudes. So anyways, we are going to try out some Bosch 1200s and see how those do, they will require a new fuel rail and stuff, but hopefully they don't die randomly. The others were so bad we carried spares.

My S15 came from MCR Factory in Japan, and has a cool sticker to prove it lol. Neat little novelty.

We put some new BC Racing coil overs on the car. It came with some nice HKS ones I think, but they were a bit older at this point, so I just figured I would replace them and avoid dealing with coil overs of an unknown age. Plus I deal with BC quite often because I am friends with Chelsea Denofa and Cody Slack, so I like to send them business : )

The car used to be white, but like most stuff in Japan had been exposed to a lot of things that wanted to rust it. So we did some rust repair in the fenders, the rocker panels, and painted everything. It seems a little excessive now to go ahead and paint the inside of a drift cars truck lid, along with all kinds of other stuff, but oh well, the car is getting treated well. It is never going to see any street duty, or anything but track time and the inside of a trailer.

The valve cover for the S15 is about to go get powder coated a sweet candy grape purple. Hope it turns out cute : )

The Tyler Cox Memorial Missile Car is about to take a turn. I really always wanted to keep the car SR20, as I love SRs a lot. As someone that went LS1 way back in 2007, and really focused on the headers to make it sound cool, I literally hate most LS1 swaps with a passion. I think they sound awful, make drivers really lazy, and don't really fit the soul of drifting or a lot of the cars they are put into. But saying that, they are incredibly reliable when done right, simple, and for someone like me that is bad at maintaining his drift car, a god send. Plus, they are like cheater mode with a dog box. So yeah, I have a dog box for it too. Anyways, first things first is to play musical motors between 3 cars so we can get all 3 of them running before the big YOKOI TEZUKA event in August!

Out comes my rad little high comp SR with the tiny GTX turbo.

Then wheel it over to the old S13.

Pop the turbo off to think about what to do about the turbo setup. Do we go bigger or just keep on keeping on?

Stab motor in. Local drifters have been showing up in force to help with this event, I am super excited that they are down to help and get this event going!

Motor is in. All done, lets go drift.

This is a fresh chassis, why are their tire cords on the axles already lol.

So that was all last night. We have a lot of days and nights ahead of us! Plus, I still have to market the crap out of the upcoming event where we bring out two rad Japanese D1GP drivers out to a grass roots event to play with us!

Come check out the Facebook event page for more info on that!

https://www.facebook.com/events/491006584343119

Old 07-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #82
struka
Zilvia Member

struka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to struka
I like seeing updates on this.

Tyler's car got totaled at the same D1 event where Tony used my car and spun out hitting the same wall crushing my quarter in. We had to pull it and stick overs on it. That was one rainy event... but fun. I just remember Tyler coming back with more damage and Sammy as well. I am pretty sure Sammy had his gas tank strapped in because there was nothing there.

Anyways, hopefully one day I can come out and play with you guys after hearing all of your stories in Atl.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 PM   #83
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by struka View Post
I like seeing updates on this.

Tyler's car got totaled at the same D1 event where Tony used my car and spun out hitting the same wall crushing my quarter in. We had to pull it and stick overs on it. That was one rainy event... but fun. I just remember Tyler coming back with more damage and Sammy as well. I am pretty sure Sammy had his gas tank strapped in because there was nothing there.

Anyways, hopefully one day I can come out and play with you guys after hearing all of your stories in Atl.
This upcoming event would be the one to come and play at! It is going to be one hell of an event, people coming from coast to coast! I am super excited to see so many drivers from around the country showing up to play with us, and all because I am bribing them with Yokoi and Tezuka : ) !!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:43 PM   #84
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

So as a quick refresher, we have to get 3 cars fully functional from basically shell status in just 3 weeks. We are playing musical motors with a couple, as rebuilding my hand made LS1 headers so the motor will fit into a RHD chassis is a bit more work than we have time to add to the project. So we are pulling the Tyler Cox Memorial Missile SR20 out of the white S14 and sticking it in my old competition S13 that had its LS1 from way back in 2007. And we are putting the LS1 from that car ( which hasn't been in it in a couple years, it has just been chilling on the ground as I didn't want to use it so I could maximize tire wear to drive more at events and have fun instead of burning off tires ) into the white S14. Sounds convoluted but it makes sense in our crazy heads. And the S15 is getting the new SR20VET that we have been slowly building and gathering parts for since 2012 it seems.

I really didn't want to put an LS1 into the missile car ( white S14 ) because it was never Tyler's style. He loved imports imports imports and hated V8 stuff. His SR20 made more HP than my built LS1 all the way back in 2007, it was pretty hilarious. He had the budget to keep a crazy SR20 going before any of us really knew how to, and he loved it. But alas, his real memorial car will still have the SR20, and this S14 will get the V8. I figure he would love to see me tandem like a monster in his old missile car, it would make him laugh, and the V8 in the missile car wouldn't really bother him since it wasn't his fancy car. Plus, he would dig the dog box, so V8 dog box it is. It was updated with basically new bearings and 13.5 to 1 pistons, and will be running E85 this time around. Why? I don't know, I'm retarded, thats why. This stupid car is going to kill tires so fast it is stupid, and hopefully it doesn't encourage our local proam drivers to build faster cars, I don't want that. But whatever, it will be LOL.

The motor was luckily refreshed as well as the dog box and has just been hanging out, so it was simple for Derrick to bolt everything back together and slide it over to the S14. It is going in as I type this.

Because we are doing 9 things at once, let me jump over to something else we were doing today.

Cutting stuff up. The brake mount was made for LHD, wouldn't really think about that when swapping to RHD, but it has to be done lol. Little stuff just keeps popping up lol.

RHD dash without cracks cut up and made to fit the cage. Went in and out 20 times while we nibbled to our final cuts. That is Shaun, one of our local drifters and a great friend : )

Interior cleaned up and painted.

Never ending spray painting of things.

While Shaun was working on that stuff, Derrick was in the engine room building the SR20VET. Check out those pistons poking over the block!

A local gentleman, Bill Hickerson, is powder coating a bunch of stuff to help out. Here is a spare valve cover I have he was running as a test. Looks pretty rad. VVL one is getting done tonight, plus he has piles of wheels to do.

These wheels looked like garbage they were so gross, but after getting striped they are about to head to the oven.

Fielding had some gold XXR which are getting turned white, they look really interesting raw as well. I am digging the raw look.

The S15 received a slight bit of rice as well : ) Thank you DMAX and Yokoi : )

Old 07-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #85
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes Aaron love it all.. Can't wait to see them at the event..
Old 07-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #86
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Is your car going to be running : )?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #87
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlosey View Post
Is your car going to be running : )?

haha talk to Stew about that one.. lol It might be ready (meaning started) the week of the event.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #88
status_ryan
Leaky Injector

status_ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Legendary thread. So much motivation has found its way into me. Haha. Keep up the amazing work. And RIP Tyler Cox.
status_ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #89
Bosas

Bosas is an unknown quantity at this point
this is awesome man. so much stuff to take in. subscribed!
Bosas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:53 PM   #90
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

The photographer that took this found me the other day and supplied me with some high res versions of it, that is exciting. I plan to make some posters out of them. This is Tyler's car back in 2009, it was a local level car that looked amazing, had almost 500 whp out of a fairly reliable SR20 that he beat the piss out of, and was a inspirational looking. Especially as this was 5 years ago, and still looks better than pretty much every other drift car in the USA.

I am making stickers for the memorial event coming up, if you want one, come hit me up for one at the event for free : )

I thought modifying our normal logo into this was super cute.

All three of the cars are currently being wired. All of them will be running the same ecu, EMU, from ECU Masters. I am excited to see what these little things can do. Hopefully having all the cars on one standard ecu is going to simplify things in the end. They do cool stuff like blue tooth sync to a tablet for gauges and stuff, I am excited to see how that stuff works out.

The ECU have built in 4 bar map sensors, flex fuel setups, and all kinds of cool stuff since these cars are all going to run E85.

Rice is very important to me, otherwise I wouldn't be building an S15 to slide into people in parking lots. Here is the VVL valve cover after powder coating, it is crazy looking in the sunlight.

The V8 is in the Memorial Missile and almost running. Derrick had to modify a few things like the steering shaft to not hit the headers.

Bzzzzzppp

Mid mount radiator on the V8 car.

Mid mount intercooler on the SR car.

We got poster made for Lone Star Bash the other day.