Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #15
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
So I have been meaning to do this update for a touch over three weeks, but better late then never! Also, with GridLife Round 2 being this weekend, I can't really wait any longer lol. Last month my car saw it's first time attack event, which was GridLife Round 1 at Gingerman Raceway. With myself never having driven the car before, I asked if the driver, Eric, who had been doing the shake downs would mind running the car until I actually take possession and have some time to acclimate myself to the vehicle. Thankfully he said yes and it was go time for it to race! The event itself was up there as one of my favorite events, but the weather was not all that great. It was a three day event and with it being the cars first event...some issues did arise.

On day one the weather was perfect, but we had a coolant leak for the first time on track. That issue put the car out of commission for the rest of the day, until the part could be sourced and replaced the following morning. Fortunately day one was only qualifying and didn't actually include any Heat laps.

Day two was great that the car was all back together, but it rained...THE WHOLE DAY! The car was limited to its lowest boost setting "wastegate pressure" and stuck competing on a wet track all day. The best lap for the day was a 2:11.231 which was not all that promising.

For day three, things were looking promising. The track was a bit dryer and the car was able to actually grip, but not go up in boost. The car was performing well, but we ended up frying the alternator during the final heat...bringing the day to a halt once more. Everyone at Touge Factory and myself thought that the car didn't place, so everyone packed up and left. Little to everyones knowledge, both Touge Factory cars were on the podium! Mikes ridiculous S14 claimed 1st place Track Modified RWD with a 1:41.812 and my 350z snatched 2nd place Track Modified RWD with a 1:42.610 with Eric behind the wheel. Thank you as always to Touge Factory for building an incredible machine!

As I know, all most of you want to see are some photos and video. Photos first and video last Enjoy and stay tuned for the next update for GridLife Round 2!

To start it off, here are some of the other vehicles that went on track over the weekend. (some of these photos are from Super Street Magazines cover of the event)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Cody's custom built tube chassis twin turbo LT1 Piked Peak car was just absolutely amazing to see in person.
[IMG][/IMG]

Drifting was also there during the event and Ryan Tuerck was also in attendance. I'll put a link at the bottom for more pictures.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Touge Factory's S14 that Mike brought out claimed first place and looked great out there on the track!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The rain was tough for most cars on track that day.
[IMG][/IMG]

And now onto my car at GridLife!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]