Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #19081
rektn8

Trader Rating: (0)
rektn8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guys, I've been fumbling with my cooling system for a couple weeks now and after two times replacing the gasket on my water pump it is still leaking. I've read a lot of conflicting stuff on this topic but so far nothing has worked for me. Do ya'll have any tips for this? Thanks.
rektn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #19082
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rektn8 View Post
Hey guys, I've been fumbling with my cooling system for a couple weeks now and after two times replacing the gasket on my water pump it is still leaking. I've read a lot of conflicting stuff on this topic but so far nothing has worked for me. Do ya'll have any tips for this? Thanks.
new water pump, clean the grooves of both well. apply a nice continuous bead of silicone and put the water pump/gasket or whatever on. this is really an issue that you have to remedy, because we can't see your water pump nor your methods for installing it, nor can we see why it's leaking. adjust your methods if you think what you're doing isn't working well.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #19083
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI NY 240sx View Post
I'm looking to get one of these also. What's up with the rear foot wells by the driveshaft?
I'll post some pics soon. Basically instead of a formed curved piece it's more folded up around the corner. Really, a minor deal.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #19084
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I need to source a gallon of this paint Nissan Titanium KAC
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #19085
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Small question, duh...
I know that the S13 and S14 front coilovers are interchangable, but the rears are not due to length and upper stud spacing.

If someone tries to hand me a S13 coilover trying to pass it off for a S14, what are the measurements I can perform to ensure that I'm getting the right S14 rear coilover?
Old 01-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #19086
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Has there ever been a definitive solution for the 1995 S14 bouncing/dead tachometers? I know there is a write up for '96, '97 & '98 but mine is different . I would like to save mine If possible.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM   #19087
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

They don't use the same tach?
Old 01-28-2016, 04:27 PM   #19088
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Are Work VS-KF Faces flippable? Example: 18x10+45 is now a 18x10-45.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #19089
NOTsliden
Leaky Injector

NOTsliden is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a difference between pignose front fenders and chuki front fenders fitting? I have heard mixed comments on this. I have one of each on my car (1990 factory pignose). the chuki front fender fits different. a little wider, and taller in the wheel arch. And it sticks up a little higher than my hood. I have tried adjusting it to no end to make it fit everything properly, but still no luck. I have tried other fenders but only other chuki fenders and they fit the same. I have slight damage that same awkward sides frame rail. so not sure if it is just my car or the fender.
NOTsliden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:59 PM   #19090
Primo's Silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Primo's Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What's the best app/website to link photo's or place url on here since my phone never lets me due to pic sizes thanks
Primo's Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #19091
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo's Silvia View Post
What's the best app/website to link photo's or place url on here since my phone never lets me due to pic sizes thanks
facebook works well for hosting images...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:49 PM   #19092
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTsliden View Post
Is there a difference between pignose front fenders and chuki front fenders fitting? I have heard mixed comments on this. I have one of each on my car (1990 factory pignose). the chuki front fender fits different. a little wider, and taller in the wheel arch. And it sticks up a little higher than my hood. I have tried adjusting it to no end to make it fit everything properly, but still no luck. I have tried other fenders but only other chuki fenders and they fit the same. I have slight damage that same awkward sides frame rail. so not sure if it is just my car or the fender.
they are identical except for the 2 holes drilled in the lower portions of the chuki fenders for the bumper extensions to clip in.

its more than likely the fender on your car... S13s are now all 22+ years old. all of them set differently over time, have had different things occur to them thru their lifetimes and are OLD!!! lol nothing fits on these cars perfectly anymore. loosen your fender all the way around and adjust it... then tighten it back up. also, you can adjust the bumper itself by loosening all of the bolts on the front core support and moving it around or hold it up.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #19093
NOTsliden
Leaky Injector

NOTsliden is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
they are identical except for the 2 holes drilled in the lower portions of the chuki fenders for the bumper extensions to clip in.

its more than likely the fender on your car... S13s are now all 22+ years old. all of them set differently over time, have had different things occur to them thru their lifetimes and are OLD!!! lol nothing fits on these cars perfectly anymore. loosen your fender all the way around and adjust it... then tighten it back up. also, you can adjust the bumper itself by loosening all of the bolts on the front core support and moving it around or hold it up.
yea I know the difference with the fender extensions. But didn't know about different fitment issues. I have tried multiple chuki fenders on the one side but they all fit the same. So I was inclined to believe it was the car since it had some slight damage. Then i stumbled on a thread where there were multiple comments on differnent fitment. I have tried adjusting every bolt on the fender and bumper but still no luck. The bumper fits great to both fenders. I have had every part of this car apart expept the rear bumper. This fender thing is just bugging me. just hoping it wasnt the car being a little tweaked.
NOTsliden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:36 AM   #19094
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
They don't use the same tach?
According to a video I saw for a S14, and my '95 tach, the mechanism/electronics/circuit board behind the tach is different.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #19095
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
According to a video I saw for a S14, and my '95 tach, the mechanism/electronics/circuit board behind the tach is different.
Interesting. Mine works when it wants but that is so low on the to do list, it's not funny....
Old 01-29-2016, 05:29 PM   #19096
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopazBrandon View Post
Are Work VS-KF Faces flippable? Example: 18x10+45 is now a 18x10-45.
VS-KF's are not flippable. I don't think any of the reverse lip Work's (VSXX, Equips, VSMX, Rezax, etc) are flippable. In fact, I believe only step lip wheels are flippable at all but I haven't confirmed that. If you look at the barrels, they have dip down to given the tire space to mount easier. This "dip" will get in the way of the face. The lips are straight so they don't get in the way.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #19097
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
VS-KF's are not flippable. I don't think any of the reverse lip Work's (VSXX, Equips, VSMX, Rezax, etc) are flippable. In fact, I believe only step lip wheels are flippable at all but I haven't confirmed that. If you look at the barrels, they have dip down to given the tire space to mount easier. This "dip" will get in the way of the face. The lips are straight so they don't get in the way.
I really want super dish lol with out being a 18x16
Old 01-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #19098
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I really want super dish lol with out being a 18x16
Yea, that's the balance with rebuilding wheels. You can get 5.5" or 5" barrels from VrWheels and then rebuild the lips (5" lips will keep you at 10" and 7" lips are a 12" which isn't impossible). Disk will affect your offset. That option is around $800 for a pair for both barrels and lips but you can literally make whatever size combination you want. Wheel flip also has more barrel/lip options (from 4" to 10" in half inch increments) but I have never used them before.

Also, I'm guessing based on your current size and offset that your Vskf's have the 7.5" barrels and 2.5" lips currently. I'd measure it to be sure but if you have tires on, you can use that info to play around with the size options.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #19099
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
Yea, that's the balance with rebuilding wheels. You can get 5.5" or 5" barrels from VrWheels and then rebuild the lips (5" lips will keep you at 10" and 7" lips are a 12" which isn't impossible). Disk will affect your offset. That option is around $800 for a pair for both barrels and lips but you can literally make whatever size combination you want. Wheel flip also has more barrel/lip options (from 4" to 10" in half inch increments) but I have never used them before.

Also, I'm guessing based on your current size and offset that your Vskf's have the 7.5" barrels and 2.5" lips currently. I'd measure it to be sure but if you have tires on, you can use that info to play around with the size options.
I don't have any wheels atm, but I'm researching ever know and then to see what options I have. I can rebarrel and relip but thats expensive. I'm trying to cheap out and pay 1.5k instead of 3k if you will. Use my savings to buy new wheel bearings I've seen pictures of work Equip 05's flipped and I might go that route, but vskf is life <3.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #19100
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Any paint gurus in the house? Nissan R35 paint code, need to source a gallon of this paint Nissan Titanium KAC
Old 01-29-2016, 09:23 PM   #19101
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I don't have any wheels atm, but I'm researching ever know and then to see what options I have. I can rebarrel and relip but thats expensive. I'm trying to cheap out and pay 1.5k instead of 3k if you will. Use my savings to buy new wheel bearings I've seen pictures of work Equip 05's flipped and I might go that route, but vskf is life <3.
Oh I gotcha, I thought you currently had the VSKF's. You can technically flip an Equip wheel because they can be sandwich mounted but they end up looking a little weird with the dip in the barrel though, imo.

Personally, I'd hit up Jesse Streeter and grab some wheels off Yahoo Japan. You can get 18" VSKF's for 700 shipped ish and Equips around 900-1100 if you look hard enough. Then rebuild those for 800 all around and that would set you near your budget of 1500. The paint can be pretty beat for these but a polish or new paint isn't too terribly expensive. Vskf's are a little trickier then other Work's (but still not very difficult) because they are welded.

Just as an example, this is a set I came close to buying that you end up around 780 for sea shipping and 860 by air. And there are many similar ones like this:
http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/p503048814
Old 01-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #19102
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
Any paint gurus in the house? Nissan R35 paint code, need to source a gallon of this paint Nissan Titanium KAC
I had to look it up to confirm it but the PPG number is 919010. Its the same paint code as the Infiniti G37, M35 and M45 "Desert Shadow". You should be able to go to your local Finish Master and ask them for Nissan KAC and they should ask you what brand you want (although I think PPG is the only one with it atm). If you ask for the 919010, then they should get you PPG. Some Sherwin Williams also do automotive so its worth asking there too.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:41 AM   #19103
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Just as an example, this is a set I came close to buying that you end up around 780 for sea shipping and 860 by air. And there are many similar ones like this:
http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/p503048814
When buying new lips. More $ per inch lip or is a 2" lip and a 5" lip the same price from a company? Different lip/barrel materials? (NEW To this ss)
Old 01-30-2016, 09:58 AM   #19104
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
When buying new lips. More $ per inch lip or is a 2" lip and a 5" lip the same price from a company? Different lip/barrel materials? (NEW To this ss)
It is a little dependent on the size of the lip but they're close. For instance, at Vrwheels 4.5" and lower is $200. 5" and 5.5" is $220 and 6" is $240. Wheel flip is just about at $200 for every size except 7" which is $220. All the lips you get from any company, including custom made, should be forged aluminum( 6061 specifically).

Also as a side thing; http://workwheelsonline.com/ sells a lot of the stuff to refinish Work wheels including valve stems, centercaps, wheel decals, hardware etc. Wheelflip sells a sealant for 3-piece wheels which you will need but you can use just about any sealant. I've used RTV ultra black on a bunch of sets with no problems.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #19105
firstolast

Trader Rating: (0)
firstolast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 3rd brake light on the trunk died. I'm thinking about shaving the 3rd brake and installing a longer LED strip on the top of the rear window (think Tesla model m). Do you guys think will be more effective as an extra brake light? Or is original placement more visible? Not really going for looks, just practicality and visibility for other cars.
firstolast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #19106
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

What wheels are these? I've heard that they are VS-KF Reps.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:27 PM   #19107
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstolast View Post
My 3rd brake light on the trunk died. I'm thinking about shaving the 3rd brake and installing a longer LED strip on the top of the rear window (think Tesla model m). Do you guys think will be more effective as an extra brake light? Or is original placement more visible? Not really going for looks, just practicality and visibility for other cars.
Try it and see how you feel about it.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:29 PM   #19108
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestig880 View Post
i had to look it up to confirm it but the ppg number is 919010. Its the same paint code as the infiniti g37, m35 and m45 "desert shadow". You should be able to go to your local finish master and ask them for nissan kac and they should ask you what brand you want (although i think ppg is the only one with it atm). If you ask for the 919010, then they should get you ppg. Some sherwin williams also do automotive so its worth asking there too.

Thank You.

Last edited by lewisfk; 01-30-2016 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: clutter
Old 01-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #19109
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

How do I get a pic under my name like SoundEfx. Also, how to change your profile pic, mines stuck with my old s13 -.-

THANKS! VVV Ima cool with the posts now.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:32 PM   #19110
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
How do I get a pic under my name like SoundEfx. Also, how to change your profile pic, mines stuck with my old s13 -.-
The pic by your name is an avatar and the car pic you have is your signature. Go to your 'user CP' and change the settings.