Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-22-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
high temp flex hose, egr pipe cutting, please look?

ok, everythings been diagnosed, i hate this stupid trying to be a hardass not running egr crap and its time to install this bitch.

1) the problem, obx header egr bung doesn't angle up right with egr hardpipe (don't even try to give me installation pointers, have loosened up egr side as far as it would go and removed header from head and cat and it was still 5-10 degrees off)

so, i'm going to cut the egr hardpipe in half, and angle the exhaust side of the 2 new pieces upward the 5-10 degrees it is off.

here's a diagram to picture my poorly explained idea...

why not weld? fuck welding, i just plain cannot do it, and even after the coupler i might have to adjust 2 or more degrees in which case i'd just be breaking welds left and right.

this is a sideview of the said problem...

so, removing the hardpipe from the car, cutting it, reinstalling it at the AIV on the intake mani side and reinstalling it at the egr bung on the header side is easy, finding a coupler to go between the two is hard. the distance its covering is no more than the width of the blade thats gonna cut the pipe. it just need a coupler to hold these two pieces of pipe together. if i make the cut right behind the motor and not right by the header, can i get away with rubber line? what line can you guys recommend thats high temp and will withstand this stuff? please help i hate car want to detonate it.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:42 PM   #2
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
S14DriftR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14DriftR
get a butane torch and heat and bend the egr hardpipe? You can do a few minor bends instead of 1 big one so not to kink the pipe.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
240Stilo
Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
240Stilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240Stilo
I was thinking the same thing but your issue is high temp flex hose. I think exhaust temps get hotter than any hose can withstand.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:47 PM   #4
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
i can't get my torch to heat the piping enough D:
Old 11-22-2004, 11:53 PM   #5
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

then an oxy/acetlyne rig will for sure, thats what I always use. know anyone thats a welder, works in an exhaust or any kind of fab shop, or is taking welding classes in school that can get you acess to a burning rig?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:58 PM   #6
Johny5
Post Whore!

no i don't have much connections, i can buy lighters at the gas station haha no jk, but will a regular bottle of gas and a torch attachment get it hot enough?
Old 11-23-2004, 12:11 AM   #7
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

I would think so, i mean you can pull fenders with heat guns and butane, so i would think you could get it warm enough to bend a small pipe.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:12 AM   #8
Johny5
Post Whore!

tommorrow the flame commences
thanks for your help and comments, i'll post crying like a sissy little bitch if it doesn't work
Old 11-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #9
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
ditch the fucking egr already, jesus.. dont be stupid. i mean, seriously look how much work you are doing.. and for WHAT?!?! a stupid pipe that will gum up the inside of your manifold and cause all sorts of heartache. dump it.

then, make a blockoff plate.. ditch the egr and its parts. cap off the header. you'll NEVER pass smog with the header visible, so whatever shop will pass you will pass because of your emissions, they're going to skip the visual. not having an EGR didnt make the car impossible to smog.

get rid of that crap.
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:36 PM   #10
Johny5
Post Whore!

eh, good point. its capped with bpt valve and vacuum and hard pipe pieces removed. still need to find a plate :\ i'm not good with metal. but the car idles perfectly. now i just need to make the mod worth it and lose the pieces for more room in this whore of an engine bay.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
wb32

wb32 is an unknown quantity at this point
headers

i just got done installing a set of pacesetter headers on a 97 nissan hardbody ka24e motor it was easy except for the egr line the bung on the header is to low so what u got to do is before u mount the header u must angle the header so u can install the egr line once u have it threaded in it will take a little strength but it will go on. the line will bend with the header as u install it it took me a long time to figure it out without having to cut and splice the egr line u dont even have to heat it up but heating it up might make it a little easier let me know how it go,s
wb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
You bumped a post from five fucking years ago just to write that chicken scratch dribble? Why not type it in Braille, we could read it better.

Fuck is wrong with you?

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote