Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #121
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
Haltech Platinum Pro uses OEM knock sensor. I think the new AEM series use it too--Nistune obviously.

Plenty of people run PFCs without knock control though...

If you've got a good tuner, it shouldn't be a problem, but I figure it's always good to have an extra fail safe for those hot days and extra crappy gas.

I'm more interested to see you fit all the AC/rad/fan stuff though, as there's barely any room with my setup--but S14 has just a bit more room than an S13.
fitting it is easy, keeping it cool is the hard part.

Review Thread
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #122
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Just got in my Steering overhaul package.
(I already got some Moog Outer Tie Rod Ends)
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Old 09-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #123
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn you've got great attention to details. Nice job on the harness.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #124
fender-startocaster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
fender-startocaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^ im with him! your attention in detail shows especially in how well documented your thread is.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #125
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Thanks Guys ^^
I believe in doing it right the first time with quality parts

Got everything installed today, I would have kinda done a step by step but didnt think about it at the time

A BIG noticeable difference after everything, Steering is much more responsive and stiff.

The Tein Tie Rods came with steering angle spaces.
I must say i never expected that a 1/4in metal ring would make such a noticeable difference in steering angle

yeah a def need to get some Angle adjuster tie rod ends
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 09-19-2010, 02:14 AM   #126
eklips3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
eklips3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the tein tie rods are dope hey. i've got the same in my car

i took my car for a spin today and tested my turning radius , i was laughing the whole time.

you basically turn and your inside rear wheel is pretty much stationary

1992 240sx (RB20. 362whp@16psi)
Old 09-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #127
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
M an your build looks exactly like mines with the exception of the new oilpan. Man i have been looking for the P/N for the front timing cover for like a week thanks for the info. I will post pics as soon as i get my timing cover and rocker covers in.
Think "satin wrinkle black"
Old 09-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #128
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

damn what happened to this build thread did it die or something lol?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #129
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

nah man its still happening.

I had to wait until my wifes GC interview in New Orleans before taking the next step.

Im iffy on my wiring harness so Im gonna send it off and have it checked over before pluging it in.

But I will start pulling the KA and dropping the RB in when it starts cooling off, or within two weeks
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #130
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

so anyone know for a fact or have pics if its possible to put the FAL fans on the Koyo Rad as pullers with Syko Mounts, WITHOUT cutting the Upper Core Support?

Im kinda not wanting to sandwich it behind the condenser, thinking it might not be efficient enough
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #131
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Man this build is making me think of doing a rb25 swap instead of ka-t, keep up the good work
Old 09-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #132
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Dunno if it'll fit with your fancy condenser but with the stock one on an S14, you will be able to barely fit a clutch fan by just bashing the upper core support a bit if any.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:14 AM   #133
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
I had to cut my upper core support and drill new holes to move the radiator forward enough for the fan clutch to fit with my Koyo. Mckinney mounts.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 09-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #134
fender-startocaster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
fender-startocaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^^ that looks good but damn its missing a lot of the support. Could it be possible to obtain shorter radiator that would fit underneath the core support as if it was tucked in forward?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #135
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
fitting it is easy, keeping it cool is the hard part.
Ugh. So true. Im about to give up and take mine out. As of Friday I can no longer keep it cool with all the AC crap.

I want to put in my clutch fan so bad but I do not want to cut my rad support at all. Im on ZeroLift mounts and there is not much space. Even my E-fans are mm's from my pulleys.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #136
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yea Rb's and cooling dont get along so well. I use pusher fans SO FAR so good. I'm with Obee i would hate to cut my support.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #137
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

sileighty85 Im debating the exact same thing and what I am leaning towards is the flexalite 106-398( these things are supposedly 1 3/8" thick). I'm thinking of mounting 2 of these in front of my condenser and fabbing up a piece of plastic that seals up the area around both of the fans to draw in the air while the car is at a stop and possibly a smaller fan on the other side that is controlled through a switch. I heard not even the FAL fans fit properly so upon reading about many other peoples setup the front pusher setup sounds ideal to me.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #138
asianbluesi
Zilvia Member

asianbluesi has a spectacular aura aboutasianbluesi has a spectacular aura aboutasianbluesi has a spectacular aura aboutasianbluesi has a spectacular aura aboutasianbluesi has a spectacular aura aboutasianbluesi has a spectacular aura about
Hmmmm.....you guys got me 2nd thinking the route I went with my fan setup. Since I live in the desert.....here in AZ, i ended up wiring up 3 mishimoto fans.
2 pushers (in front of the radiator)
1 puller (behind the radiator)
-The puller is always on.
-1 pusher is wired to turn on when the temp gauge needs it to
-Other pusher set up for when I use AC
Is this not an optimal/ideal setup?....should I have gone with the 2 flex-a-lite fans instead?

Sileighty,
I just recently found out about the pre-made wire harness conversion done by Yuri. I am in the same boat as you.....waiting for the RB25 S2 into a S14 chassis. Have you heard anything else from him? I want to get this pre-made harness asap....but dont want to wait another 2-4 months.

BTW....this is a great thread....keep up the excellent work!

Elmer
Old 10-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #139
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
sileighty85 Im debating the exact same thing and what I am leaning towards is the flexalite 106-398( these things are supposedly 1 3/8" thick). I'm thinking of mounting 2 of these in front of my condenser and fabbing up a piece of plastic that seals up the area around both of the fans to draw in the air while the car is at a stop and possibly a smaller fan on the other side that is controlled through a switch. I heard not even the FAL fans fit properly so upon reading about many other peoples setup the front pusher setup sounds ideal to me.
Sounds good, Id make sure that the fans can push the 2500cfm (seems to be the best cfm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianbluesi View Post
Hmmmm.....you guys got me 2nd thinking the route I went with my fan setup. Since I live in the desert.....here in AZ, i ended up wiring up 3 mishimoto fans.
2 pushers (in front of the radiator)
1 puller (behind the radiator)
-The puller is always on.
-1 pusher is wired to turn on when the temp gauge needs it to
-Other pusher set up for when I use AC
Is this not an optimal/ideal setup?....should I have gone with the 2 flex-a-lite fans instead?

Shit man if it works Id keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianbluesi View Post
Sileighty,
I just recently found out about the pre-made wire harness conversion done by Yuri. I am in the same boat as you.....waiting for the RB25 S2 into a S14 chassis. Have you heard anything else from him? I want to get this pre-made harness asap....but dont want to wait another 2-4 months.

BTW....this is a great thread....keep up the excellent work!

Elmer
Still in development, they were having issues with finding and ECU plug and are in the process of making them now. Still no date or ETC.

I'll be sending my harness I "Repaired" and "Converted" to Yury to have him inspect it, since the harness was so hacked up.

If i had an unfucked harness Id probably trust it but dont wanna risk frying my ECU
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #140
VQMaxFan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
VQMaxFan is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey pat how have those isis arms been holding up for you?

Small freaking world dude, chit chatted with a guy and his wife this weekend that said he was from Shreveport. I asked him if he knew you and the dude couldn't belive I knew you haha. I forgot their names but they were pretty cool. He said he was doing a rb vert, sbc hatch and a few coupes.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #141
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Thats what me and my friend did to our wiring harness for both the s15 sr and my s1 RB he seems like a pretty knowlegeable guy and plus me and wiring harness modification work dont get along,lol.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #142
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQMaxFan View Post
Hey pat how have those isis arms been holding up for you?

Small freaking world dude, chit chatted with a guy and his wife this weekend that said he was from Shreveport. I asked him if he knew you and the dude couldn't belive I knew you haha. I forgot their names but they were pretty cool. He said he was doing a rb vert, sbc hatch and a few coupes.
ISIS arms are holding like a champ. No issues still

I dont know anyone doing an RB vert, but it might be this one kid i know up here. Not sure if its actually gonna happen though. From what Ive heard hes had quite a few projects that havent worked out all that well.

do you know if it was an RB 20 or 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
Thats what me and my friend did to our wiring harness for both the s15 sr and my s1 RB he seems like a pretty knowlegeable guy and plus me and wiring harness modification work dont get along,lol.
Yeah ive done quite a good bit of bussiness with Yury, Been happy with every product and very helpful to boot even at 10:00 at night
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 10-22-2013 at 09:09 PM..
Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #143
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

So i finally got in my Hyper Gear Turbo
I wanted a turbo that bolted up to the stock exhaust and down pipe since i spent a good bit on the SYKO mount set. Not looking for 500hp just somthing more than stock so this turbo will do just fine

Key benefit:
360 degrees Thrust bearing Heat treated steel wheel and shaft Suitable for High Boost applications Product Goal: High Responds, High Torque. Long life time. OEM Bolton RB25det Upgrade.
sure i sacrifice the stock Ball Bearing system but now i got a rebuild-able turbo

Comparison between the Stock R33 turbo and the Hypergear R33 Turbo

Stock

Hyper Gear

Most noticeable difference is the Exhaust Wheel
The craptasic Ceramic wheel is replaces with a Steel turbine wheel

Stock

Hyper Gear

Ive been sick for the last 3 days but if i feel better I will begin pulling the KA on the S14 tomorrow
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 10-08-2010 at 09:58 PM..
Old 10-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #144
username
Zilvia Member

username is an unknown quantity at this point
If you dont mind me asking, how much was that turbo and where'd you get it from? I've been looking into one of these for my rb25. Also how much hp is this one rated for?
Old 10-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #145
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
If you dont mind me asking, how much was that turbo and where'd you get it from? I've been looking into one of these for my rb25. Also how much hp is this one rated for?
HyperGear - 450HP RB25det Hiflow Turbo

Conversion is moderately priced, Shipping is what pushes it over the top. It would be about $200 total in shipping since they are located in Australia.

Instead of sending my turbo to them they were able to locate a R33 turbo over there for the same price that it would cost to ship. So im able to keep the turbo an rock it if I were waiting on it to come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Gear Email
The Max boost which the high flow can handle depending on the type of turbine housing that you want to send in or what we can find here. Generally standard RB25det turbine housing can handle about 16psi making about 240rwkws while the RB25detNEO turbine housings can handle about 18psi making around 260rwkws.
If you need we can provide the PU service which runs of a customized .82 turbine housing that is good for 20psi and 280rwkws .
The oil feeding line needs to have minimum of 3mm inner diameter including all the fittings on the way. We can supply the oil feeding line for $80AUD additional.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #146
username
Zilvia Member

username is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the info. Yeah i think shipping costs is whats keeping me from going that route. Definitely a nice snag.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #147
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Alright guys Stage 1 is complete!

Finally had some free time to pull the engine

hmmm KA48

Hmmm what else needs to be taken out

ahhhh finally

Time to Power Wash

So after the engine bay is cleaned and IC piping Preped then I can drop the RB in.

Hopefully I can do it next weekend depending on how my work week goes
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 10-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #148
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Engine is out?...You must be pumped!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #149
Bubba Chaos

Trader Rating: (0)
Bubba Chaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glad to see your almost done... Seems like this is added up fast and indeed is an expensive build
Old 10-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #150
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Engine is out?...You must be pumped!
Indeed I am I cant wait to hear this baby roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Chaos View Post
Glad to see your almost done... Seems like this is added up fast and indeed is an expensive build
Yeah It has. its almost been a year now since I bought the clip.
Mainly been waitin on parts and a wire harness
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Closed Thread