Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Lets talk SR dry sump setups

Been doing some research on setting up dry sump oiling on my sr. Looks like theres 3 off the shelf options, the mazworx kit at $3.6k, the Ross performance kit at about $4k (currently unavailable, dont know whether it will be back) and the Naprec big baller kit at about $9k. Key differences, mazworx and naprec both mount the pump where the alternator sits on the right hand side of the engine. The ross kit claims to sit it on the left hand side, where the ac compressor would be. You can also buy a mount kit from savy motorsport that mounts a pump on the left hand side. Pro/con wise, looks like mazworx and naprec mount on the right so that the exhaust mani/turbo heat wont affect the oil as much. Also less lines to get in the way. However, the mazworx kit doesnt seem to offer an alternator relocate bracket which seems odd, youre left ass out with no place to put the alt while everything else is bolt on. They do offer a relocate bracket for $275, but you also need a fwd alternator to run it. Naprec kit provides everything youd need. Ross doesnt see this issue with the left hand mounting. Seems like either way the ps pump is unaffected, but I cant find a definitive answer to this.
The other big component is the pan, you can either buy the armstrong race engineering pan, or the ross pan. ARE faces the right, while the ross pan faces left. This just further opens up your options.

Most likely what I will be doing, and hoping to open up conversation here about, is piecing together my own setup. Lightly used 4 stage pump on ebay at a huge discount (left or right handed). Most likely ARE pan, used tank, new lines etc etc.
Anyone else done this? or have experience with any kits? Im fairly new to the technical aspects of this and hopefully open up some discussion like I said. Anything I need to specifically look for when choosing a pump? Brackets can always be custom made so thats not necessarily an issue.
People who have dry sump setups on their sr's or just in general please chime in! Trying to gather as much info as I can as I really start looking into this.
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links