Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #61
VersionS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
VersionS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another problem is the shops that keep whoring out cheap prices instead of sticking to the map pricing the manufactures put out. All that does is bring this market down.
VersionS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #62
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersionS13 View Post
Another problem is the shops that keep whoring out cheap prices instead of sticking to the map pricing the manufactures put out. All that does is bring this market down.
Most of those shops are the ones that are the flyby overnight shops.

And in order to stay in business, some of the bigger shops have no choice but to either price match, or undercut those guys yet some more to get business to stay afloat.

So in short, I do agree with you, with less shady flyby overnight shops pulling shady business practices, the industry as a whole can benefit from it.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #63
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow, I bought my first and only SR from them four years ago and it is still strong! And I always bought the common stuff from them first as they are the closest shop to me. This is really a shame, I was planning on upgrading next year from them too. So does this mean Phase2 is going to have a warehouse on the east coast?
The ROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #64
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
crap... now hows gonna tune my ecu??????????
Old 10-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #65
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That SUX! I got my motor from those guys...
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #66
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmiddy View Post
crap... now hows gonna tune my ecu??????????
Enthalpy, JWT, local guys, or you could always fly S.Shadow up to you.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #67
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Jeff is one of the coolest people I've talked to. Hope everything works out for him.

I wonder if everyone on the board bought one thing from him starting now, could we save his biz???
Old 10-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #68
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Jeff is one of the coolest people I've talked to. Hope everything works out for him.

I wonder if everyone on the board bought one thing from him starting now, could we save his biz???
Probably too little too late.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #69
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
+1

HT was the OG's of the sr swaps, I think my first sr swap was using their online guide, but they are pretty much just a store and when the prices are cheaper somewhere else, well... Plus a lot of noobs aren't going to know about you if your not advertising.

same here i still have the print out in a folder somewhere..
got a starter from them way back. great guys jeff helpd me with my sr and i havent even bought anything from them yet

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #70
ecuastyle84
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ecuastyle84
really disappointed to see them go...jeff is a awesome dude...been buying from them ever since i did my sr swap...sucks that it has to end this way
ecuastyle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #71
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Sucks being on the east coast.

Heavy throttle was my major suppier of half the parts on my car, took a day to get my stuff from them.

All the east got is Enjuku and thats down south, *sigh*
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #72
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silnismo View Post

Heavy throttle was my major suppier of half the parts on my car, took a day to get my stuff from them.

MA Motorsports is up there in the North East....

And I think Rav Spec as well.

Both are Zilvia advertisers.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #73
bryce with a y
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud ofbryce with a y has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
WOW.

this is fucked news. Heavy Throttle was/is bomb.

they just never changed with the times. look at there site and the cars on it... its like Nico only worse...

bryce with a y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #74
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Well guys alot of this is due to our failing economoy. Its sad to know that alot of auto-accessory companies are hurting right now. I mean huge auto companies are hurting as well. SEMA has gotten smaller and smaller every year Ive noticed the past 5 years. Knock of companies and the likes are not the main problem here guys. We are doing just as much an injustice to this country as the chinese is doing to our so called japanese branded parts simply by driving and building imported vehicles. So seriously the next time you are mad about being laid off or getting fired or your business going under, look in your closet, your kitchen and driveway. Count the number of foreign built items you own. Those were american jobs hanging there or parked there.

And to those who hated on Fast and the Furious, those movies are the free marketing and fuel for which these resale companies even survive. So many new kids and people were introduced into the car scene buy these movies. More media, more hype = more fans = more buisiness. I honestly miss the old days of imports vs. domestics on the streets.

I hope the best for Heavy Throttle and I hope he makes a come back once the economy turns around. Or at the least I hope he remains in the car scene.
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #75
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
It's because of the taliban.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #76
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
I don't think Phase 2 "bought" Heavy Throttle

I believe they just own the DOMAINS now

Not the business itself

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #77
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
This really sucks.... Jeff is about 10 minutes from me, and has helped me out countless times, usually for little or no money... he really is a good guy and was awesome to have him so close...

btw guys HT hasnt been doing labor for a WHILE, jeff sold the shop and was pretty much slingin parts out of his garage. the shop was taken over for a bit by another 240 enthusiast and he did what he could to try and make it work, but unfortunately they are gone too.
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #78
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silnismo View Post

240sxmotoring is in CT. Ive had good experiences with them.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #79
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
A couple of points:

- This has nothing to do with cheap China products, knockoffs, etc. Stop making the same arguments as others did in the long thread about Greddy's bankruptcy.

- Phase 2 is taking over Heavy Throttle's site, not Heavy Throttle as a company.

- The industry is constantly changing; to make assumptions about the industry is very misleading and doesn't contribute. I understand this is just a general discussion, but some of the information thrown out there is simply untrue and adds confusion to a situation which requires more clarity, than anything else.

- Time will sort this out.

BTW I am not posting in any official capacity. Just wanted to clarify some stuff.

-alex

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #80
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
A couple of points:

- This has nothing to do with cheap China products, knockoffs, etc. Stop making the same arguments as others did in the long thread about Greddy's bankruptcy.

Agreed, i talked to jeff a few weeks ago and he told me he was only selling 1 swap a month, opposed to the ~15-20 he used to do. There are no chinese knock-off SR20's. Hard to survive when your bread and butter is all but dissapeared.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #81
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
wow...I remember HT being around when I just got my 240 (yr 2001). It's sad to see them go :[
Old 10-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #82
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
Agreed, i talked to jeff a few weeks ago and he told me he was only selling 1 swap a month, opposed to the ~15-20 he used to do. There are no chinese knock-off SR20's. Hard to survive when your bread and butter is all but dissapeared.
Yup, our economy has crashed in so many states its not even funny. People across the country have losts hundreds of thousands of dollars in their home investments, not to mention jobs as work has been outsourced to foreign countries. So seriously guys support our economy. We seriously need to quit sending money out to other countries. I mean thousands of people on Zilvia knock cheap wheels yet they buy used Japanese wheels. Atleast the cheap China wheel is putting food on many a persons plate by keeping them employed where the used (brand name JDM) wheel does nothing but put food back on one persons plate by returning a partial investment. Its times like this that has seriously made me rethink alot of things especially my choice of cars lately.
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #83
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
My job is going nowhere any time soon. True, I don't make tons of money, but the oilfield will ALWAYS have work to be done.

I wonder why it is that they stopped selling so many swaps? Maybe cause everyone and their grandmother had an SR, so now the market is flooded with them? I dunno. I never had an SR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:36 AM   #84
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nrg
classic. i remember a friend buying his first s13 front clip from them back in 2001. we learned how to wire sr20 from their site.

driftingisgay.com
nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:50 AM   #85
nisans13turbo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
nisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
Well I know this because I ordered a Greddy IM from them, and they were backordered, and in the process (Jeff doesn't have it yet), this all happened.

I canceled my order, and it looks like the only way I can get my money back is to take it up with my bank/credit card.

Sucks for both parties involved.
HT is awesome, Jeffed help me out alot with installs and tech. shit etc....... Kinda sucks how they dont have there parts in stock......

They sure will be miss, best service %100 and shiat I live in MN, shit was all over the phone
Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 AM   #86
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
i have called jeff many times when i was stumped on a problem or needed something fast. he ALWAYS had an answer or what i needed. 100% of my parts came from them. goodluck to him and whatever he tackles next!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #87
turbocarslut
BANNED

turbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymore
The business traffic was sold to Phase2...thats cool- good people. I hope they keep up with the dissemination of FREE info and how 2 guides. I would of never completed my swap without the info on their site. VERY VERY SAD DAY!
turbocarslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #88
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocarslut View Post
The business was sold to Phase2...thats cool. I hope they keep up with the dissemination of FREE info and how 2 guides. I would of never completed my swap without the info on their site. VERY VERY SAD DAY!
Dude, it was mentioned on this page alone twice, that Phase2 bought the DOMAIN for the site.

Not the business.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #89
turbocarslut
BANNED

turbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymoreturbocarslut is not welcome here anymore
I corrected myself 1min later and said "business traffic"

What are you the police?
turbocarslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #90
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocarslut View Post
I corrected myself 1min later and said "business traffic"

What are you the police?
No, I'm not the police.

But at the same time, people shouldn't be subjected to false information, and we should help keep the information as clean/true as possible.

Thanks for correcting your last post.