Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #1
Edyz7s
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Edyz7s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR SR20DET boost but no power

Okay, yes their are threads about this but they all seem to point out to boost leak.
Here the thing with mine. So today I installed a new o2 sensor and knock sensor. The reason for installing o2 sensor is because I have bad gas mileage and hope this would make it better.
And for knock, I never replaced it since I got the motor and when I took out the old one, it was still original.
Inspecting the old knock sensor I found 2 cracks, one small and the other slight bigger. I heard these do go out and usually don't work well if its cracked.

So, starting up the car it started up fine. The only thing i noticed was it was idling a bit higher from a cold start. Usually it goes away when the motor gets hot, but it took awhile this time.

I take it out for a test drive and noticed it was horrible on WOT. Pushing half the throttle i felt it was trying to go but it just did not. I didnt remove as much to install these 2 but everything is in place. I didnt get to torque to spec the knock sensor but I seriously dont know what happened to all my power and clueless whats the cause after these new installations.
Edyz7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links