Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #121
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEgg13 View Post
How does a proportioning valve affect a in-line Hydraulic Handbrake setup?

I know a proportioning valve controls/limits the amount of fluid that can pass through. Therefore allowing you to change braking bias front to rear.

I notice that some people use them, while many do not. What are the pros and cons?
I run a prop valve inline behind my inline hydro, just because that's the only place it would plumb in with my existing lines. Definitely will change the power your hydro has, but in my case I still have more than enough - if you were happy with the bias during normal braking and wanted more power with the hydro, step up a MC size on the hydro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny CoquÃ* View Post
Anybody knows if the pbm hydro will work with the dyna pro wilwood calipers before I purchase the hydro?
Sure will.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #122
EvilEgg13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
EvilEgg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I run a prop valve inline behind my inline hydro, just because that's the only place it would plumb in with my existing lines. Definitely will change the power your hydro has, but in my case I still have more than enough - if you were happy with the bias during normal braking and wanted more power with the hydro, step up a MC size on the hydro.

The issue I am having is that when just cruising the hydro has little to no effort, as soon as you tap the brakes and pull the hand it locks the wheels up no problem.

I have STI brembo calipers and am using a 3/4" master cylinder.

I have bled it per the procedure on here, as well as bled it using a power bleeder and am confident that air in the system is not the issue.

So maybe I need a different master cylinder?
EvilEgg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #123
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just intalled my PBM inline with Wilwood MC and line kit, and it locks the rears instantly.

It all comes down to bleeding it properly. I highly recomend trying to find access to a air compressor and pressure bleeder, makes the whole process effortless. I am also running Project MU rear pads, which are worth the investment.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #124
Alex Rodriguez
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Alex Rodriguez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My ASD handle is really stiff maybe 2 inches of pull that's it. Doesn't lock at all has any one experience this?

pass through
Wilwood prop valve

Alex Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #125
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I did an inline. I keep getting air out of the passenger rear caliper only. Brakes and handle are soft.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #126
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
My ASD handle is really stiff maybe 2 inches of pull that's it. Doesn't lock at all has any one experience this?

pass through
Wilwood prop valve

My PBM Inline is stiff as well, probably close to 2" too, but locks perfectly.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #127
Turb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Turb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bought an asd reveres pull hydro e brake, with 5/8 master which is what asd recommends for stock s13 calipers and am running -3an lines from fromt master cylinder to rear brake and hydro pulls back maybe 2 inches but basically doesn't lock the rear wheels at all, hydro feels like almost too stiff like something is blocking the lines but nothing seems to be in the lines. Any ideas?
Turb is offline   Reply With Quote