Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
ianmyers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
ianmyers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
1991 S13 KA24DE High Idle/Smoking Issue After Rebuild

What's up guys. So I recently rebuilt my KA24De out of my 1991 S13 due to ~245k miles on the original motor. Burnt quite a bit of oil, coolant, and just ran pretty poor. It was time. Anyways, got everything back together and got it running. Decided it wanted to misfire at first which was due to bad injector o-rings (yes, i know ).

I finally got the car running smooth but the idle was quite high (~1600 rpm) at idle when it was at 20 degrees B.T.D.C. Took apart the idle air control valve and cleaned it inside and out which did absolutely nothing since it was already pretty clean from the rebuild. Currently, it's idling at about 1000 but the timing is waaay off and the car is smoking quite a bit. Consistent white smoke is coming from the exhaust at idle, acceleration, deceleration, etc. It is smoking CONSTANTLY. The car still runs strong regardless. I messed with the MAF and TPS to see if anything changed. When unplugging the TPS and moving the distributor way out of whack, I got the idle to 650-700. However, the closer I get to the proper timing, the higher it idles.

I'm pretty stumped at this point because I messed with the IACV, TPS, MAF, and everything else I can think of that could result in a high idle. The car has brand new injectors, o-rings, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor, belts, gaskets, etc. I've searched high and low on several different forums and tried everything I could find but nothing has helped. Obviously, I can get the idle down but the timing is way off. I feel like I'm just missing something obvious but I feel like I've tried it all. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
ianmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
ianmyers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
ianmyers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bump. Still haven't figured this out. Any ideas?
ianmyers is offline   Reply With Quote