Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
mixxamike
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mixxamike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
17x10 all around...advice please

The time has come. Tiime for some new shoes. I'm bying the TrendZigens fn01rc's in bronze for my s14. I know the 17x10+12's will fit in the rear with rolled and pulled fenders, but what about the fronts? I have Tein HE's and I'm a little concerned about the large shockbody getting in the way of a super wide wheel. I'm thinking that with a relocated wiring harness and some negative camber (-2??) i'll be ok.

I'm hoping some of you wheel fitment gurus could gimme a little help. Also, just fyi, this is an autox/street car so i'm hoping to run some fat tires along with my wide rims....grip is good I also dont need to have this thing slammed to floor either (a version select kit is in order and will make up for the street-car gap. I absolutely love the look of the sunken faced 10" fn01rc's and would like to have my front and rears match in appearance.

help? advice? comments? i'll take it all...

thanks

-mike
mixxamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxamike
The time has come. Tiime for some new shoes. I'm bying the TrendZigens fn01rc's in bronze for my s14. I know the 17x10+12's will fit in the rear with rolled and pulled fenders, but what about the fronts? I have Tein HE's and I'm a little concerned about the large shockbody getting in the way of a super wide wheel. I'm thinking that with a relocated wiring harness and some negative camber (-2??) i'll be ok.

I'm hoping some of you wheel fitment gurus could gimme a little help. Also, just fyi, this is an autox/street car so i'm hoping to run some fat tires along with my wide rims....grip is good I also dont need to have this thing slammed to floor either (a version select kit is in order and will make up for the street-car gap. I absolutely love the look of the sunken faced 10" fn01rc's and would like to have my front and rears match in appearance.

help? advice? comments? i'll take it all...

thanks

-mike
17x9+15, 17x10+12, done many a time, search search search! 17x10 can be fit (see: forrest's s13 from hawaii) but that thing is done up beyond belief.

examples:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=17x9%2B15

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ght=FN01rc+s14

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
The Jabberwocky

The Jabberwocky is a well-known jackass
you'll need some amounts of caster, camber, stretched tires, relocating wiring harness and pounding the inner fender well, rolling the fender...

the 17x10 +12 is cutting it close to clearing the Tein HE, but it should since some people are running the 17x9 +20 on the HE's which is closely the same as 17x10 +12

Caster will need some fine adjustment the most though...
The Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
i ran 17x10 +9 up front with -3.5 camber, 8.5 caster, 225/45/17 iirc. it fit good and looked hard.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:34 AM   #5
mixxamike
Zilvia Junkie

hmm...225/45/17 was a little weaker than i was hoping for. would it be possible to run wider tires you think?
Old 04-19-2005, 01:24 AM   #6
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
you might be able to pull off a 235/40.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:07 AM   #7
9524tee
Zilvia Junkie

9524tee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 9524tee
ive got an s14 , with 235/40/17,s .... and let me tell ya lol , its VERY close to the strut . does not rub at all , but if i went to a 245 in front id be screwed . just so you know .
9524tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:36 AM   #8
sepulchral
BANNED

sepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymore
17x10 all the way around damn... won't that make turning way harder?
sepulchral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:38 AM   #9
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
with manual steering and wider tires you will have an increase of resistance but if you still have PS it should not even matter
Old 04-19-2005, 07:57 AM   #10
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
unless you're gonna be makin big power and high speed corners i'd call 10 inches of tire up front excessive on our cars. i dont see any reason to have more than 8" of rubber up front outside of looks.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:45 AM   #11
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
10" wheel up front dosent mean 10" of tire haha
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
raen419
Zilvia Member

raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raen419
why do people want to run the widest wheels possible? if you have lots of power, ok. but is it just a bandwagon thing or what?
raen419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:00 PM   #13
mixxamike
Zilvia Junkie

I will be pushing 300 hp on a built KA by the end of the summer...isnt that enough power??? Also, this is abit of an aesthetics thing. I'm not a big fan of the sunken face 17x10's paired with 17x9's. (no, its not a bandwagon thing)
Old 04-19-2005, 02:25 PM   #14
raen419
Zilvia Member

the whole "i want to cram wide wheels under my fenders, but i have no power to push them" is a bandwagon thing. i've noticed it over the last few years.
since you're pushing 300hp on a KA (which i would like pics of, lol), i'd say just go 17x9 all around. it'll be easier to fit and it's only an inch difference (might be same cost though).
and have you looked into the pro racer gn+? they have 17x9.5, which looks pimp as well.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #15
mixxamike
Zilvia Junkie

WILL be pushing 300hp...i'm at school away from my tools right now, the wrenching wont start till mid may.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:39 PM   #16
Johny5
Post Whore!

uh-oh, here comes raen, proppin the proracer gn's and 17x9 fn's. we don't need your opinion, it says advice, not your crybaby WAH WAH 17x9 FOR LIFE crap. go stick your useless opinions up someone elses ass.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #17
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
raen, he did mention aesthetics was in his criteria. The GN+ don't cut it in terms of looks compared to the 17x10 sunk fn's. I would have run 17x10 all around too, but I wussed out. Good choice.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #18
final act
Zilvia Member

final act is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to final act
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspecproducts
17x9+15, 17x10+12, done many a time, search search search! 17x10 can be fit (see: forrest's s13 from hawaii) but that thing is done up beyond belief.

examples:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=17x9%2B15

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ght=FN01rc+s14
Im pretty sure forrest is running 30mm bolt on spacers all around too
Old 04-20-2005, 07:28 AM   #19
North240
Zilvia Junkie

North240 is an unknown quantity at this point
You plainly dont need that much rim/tire on your/our car(s). Its ridiculous, run 17x9 all the way around and buy some real tires, you'll proform much better that way garunteed!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #20
raen419
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5
uh-oh, here comes raen, proppin the proracer gn's and 17x9 fn's. we don't need your opinion, it says advice, not your crybaby WAH WAH 17x9 FOR LIFE crap. go stick your useless opinions up someone elses ass.
did i ever say 17x9 for life? no
run along, you don't know me, and you've obviously got me confused w/ someone else (as i have never "propped" the proracers or fns AT ALL).
get your facts straight before you go talking out of your ass.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #21
mixxamike
Zilvia Junkie

after researching a bit more, I think i will be pulling the front fenders along wit the rears. how much more tire space up fron could this possibly give me? how far can i pull upfront without a)the metal getting too thin or b) it looking dumb?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:05 PM   #22
Gladman
Zilvia Member

Gladman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Gladman
Quote:
Originally Posted by North240
You plainly dont need that much rim/tire on your/our car(s). Its ridiculous, run 17x9 all the way around and buy some real tires, you'll proform much better that way garunteed!
I disagree, more tire on the road = better braking and cornering, if you have power, better acceleration. A wide wheel will be more stable and the tire will have more support and of course, you can run way wider tires. Dont forget a +12offset 10" wide tire is goin to increase your wheelbase from outer lip to outlip almost 6". "Wider is better"
Old 04-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #23
North240
Zilvia Junkie

North240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladman
I disagree, more tire on the road = better braking and cornering, if you have power, better acceleration. A wide wheel will be more stable and the tire will have more support and of course, you can run way wider tires. Dont forget a +12offset 10" wide tire is goin to increase your wheelbase from outer lip to outlip almost 6". "Wider is better"
More weight = more rotating mass and worse braking, Plus if your buying the right tires your not going to see that big of a difference in the first place.

note right tires = sticky grippy low treadware tires!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:16 PM   #24
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I'm sure you could fit 17x10s on an s14. I just put my 16x9.5s + 10 up front and +35 in the rear, with 245/45/16s all around on my s13. My fenders are rolled and the fronts rub a little still, but not much. The s14's fenders can hold more wheel, so I'm sure it can be done with slight pulling.

Joe
S13FREEAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #25
raen419
Zilvia Member

why not just grab some wide fenders from jspec or something?
i know s14 fenders have more room and can be pulled, but i'm not too sure they can be pulled that much to cram 17x10. wait a min....what kind of camber are you going to run?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:32 PM   #26
wanganwonder
Zilvia Addict

wanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to behold
20mm fenders + 15-20mm spacer and you will have all the clearance you need. that is my friend's exact setup. it's on his car right now. no issues. you want to do it, do it. i think it's rad.
wanganwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:37 AM   #27
mixxamike
Zilvia Junkie

wanganwonder...what tire specs is your friend running?

raen419...i would prefer to have nothing more extreme that -2.5
Old 04-21-2005, 04:55 AM   #28
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
if this is for asthetic reasons, go with 9 in the front. the hassle of what is needed to run 9 up front is crazy, and you want to add another inch of rim and run decent amount of tire. already you will have to relocate harness, bash/flatten seams on the inner frame rail and below the fender seam. and plus you will have to do crazy pull more so then ni yon zenki (17x9 -9 fronts)

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:10 AM   #29
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideview_180sx
if this is for asthetic reasons, go with 9 in the front. the hassle of what is needed to run 9 up front is crazy, and you want to add another inch of rim and run decent amount of tire. already you will have to relocate harness, bash/flatten seams on the inner frame rail and below the fender seam. and plus you will have to do crazy pull more so then ni yon zenki (17x9 -9 fronts)
There's no hassle to run 9's up front at all (he has an s14)

a 17x10 +12 w/ 10mm spacer would require the same pull and camber as Ni yon Zenki has and stretched tires, you should definitely get some wide fenders if you wanna keep the camber reasonable and run decent tires or else it's just not gonna work.